New WSVN Graphics and Music

ref1997

Late Breaking to the TVNT Newsroom! WSVN got new graphics and refreshed its theme yesterday night... Here's your EXCLUSIVE TVNT On Your Side™ First Look at the 7AM open this morning:

Here's the 45 second close of this morning's newscast if you like the new music:

Your TVNT First Alert Team was first on scene than those blurry bandicam gang and we were Working For You to get a quick excerpt of last night's 11PM intro:

https://streamable.com/smxp00

And here's an excerpt of the closing... I'm so sorry I couldn't get the full closing given the short notice:

https://streamable.com/6ohgr4

Now on a personal note: I'm just speechless at the new theme... I'm soooo glad Chris Crane is still keeping his A-game in these many years! And they've brought back WHDH's noon theme arrangement to WSVN! WHDH's noon theme is my favorite composition among all Chris Crane's themes and I'm soo happy they brought it back to South Florida~

(Special thanks to everyone in the Discord channel for tipping off~)

Seems like a version of WHDH's weather graphics from 2014 have arrived on WSVN. About time for new graphics, it's been almost 7 years without an update. It's also the first station refresh without Ed Ansin (RIP). But I feel like there is some inspiration from TV Patrol of the Philippines. I hope WHDH refreshes their graphics to remove the skeumorphism and change the "Live" bug. 

30 minutes ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

Sorry not a fan of these graphics... Tired of the flying circle 7 after every toss over... They still seem dated from ealry 2010s... But hey good for them.. 

For WSVN’s standards, this is modern. I’d even say that WSVN is now better than WSB/WSOC. This is also much more watered-down than the 7 News of the past, likely to mirror WHDH.

The new news theme isnt bad, I like it more than the previous hyper club beat. I just wish we got longer intros with talent pics like the 90s and early 2000s.

As for the graphics, I actually think they had better graphics in the 90s than now. With high definition especially the pacakge it just looks too cartoon/video game like.  they can still be their flashy selves with better quality more realistic looking graphics.

Archived