2022 Winter Olympics

Georgie56

Kenny Albert and Brendan Burke will be callings games for NBC remotely curious to see what happens with the already scheduled NHL ON TNT telecasts and their regular Rangers/Islanders assignments Interesting times ahead

Kenny and Brendan are both good, but I wish John Forslund was part of the hockey announcing team. John Walton is also the Capitals radio PXP voice as well, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

I wonder if they'll use the NHL on NBC theme for the ice hockey portions. They used Roundball Rock for Olympic Basketball last year.

23 minutes ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

I wonder if they'll use the NHL on NBC theme for the ice hockey portions. They used Roundball Rock for Olympic Basketball last year.

And they used Roundball Rock for the 2008 games too. I hope they do use the NHL theme for the hockey coverage in the Games. I would hate to see that fantastic theme go to waste. 

21 hours ago, nickp said:

Kenny Albert and Brendan Burke will be callings games for NBC remotely curious to see what happens with the already scheduled NHL ON TNT telecasts and their regular Rangers/Islanders assignments Interesting times ahead

All the NBC & Telemundo announcers will be broadcasting the Olympics from NBC Sports in Stamford, CT. If anything, their TNT commitments can be done from there.

Look really nice, honestly. They are much more pleasing that the Tokyo 2020 graphics (from which the graphics template has been sourced) and clearly take cues from the Beijing Look of the Games. Here are some additional illustrations of the graphics (on spoliers):

Spoiler

FPWXNaT.png

0s9nJRg.png

gPZ4tCV.png

5qX9PJ8.png

OBS_Beijing2022_Graphics_FirstLook.png

The world feed open also follows on the style from the Tokyo 2020 opening. There are two versions, a version with the OBS logo (the one available on the link, which has been updated to reflect the new IOC brand system), and a clean version that RHBs can use to place their own logo.

11 minutes ago, DENDude said:

Does anyone watch 'The Olympic Channel' ?       I like it,  it's basically overflow coverage that NBC Sports Can't get on to it's other networks, including the NBC television network.  

Sometimes I do, particularly if it's during the actual Olympics.  

Archived