WRCB ditches longtime logo, rebrands as "Local 3 News"

9 hours ago, Working4You said:

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Gray TV own a partial stake in "Sarkes Tarzian, Inc.". I know it's not controlling, but still. Very interesting. 

If the play button was replaced with a different motif (I'd say NBC peacock) then this new package would be perfect for the ex-Quincy stations!

On 1/15/2022 at 6:24 PM, Marvin Dillweed said:

Based on their livestream at local3news.com, they've also switched music packages to Inergy.

Just as most broadcasters are dropping Inergy. I think Guardian/production music would've fit much better.

On 1/16/2022 at 9:52 AM, KentBrockman said:

Still, I think WRCB was (unless I'm forgetting one, don't shoot) the last one to really use Doc Morgan religiously in opens and promos. He was their main voice for like 30 years, I really do not agree with the direction on dumping him since Doc still sounds damn good.

Actually, Griffin Communications still uses Doc as the voice for KWTV and KOTV. I know KWTV hasn’t used anyone else to voice promos since they started contracting him c. 1995, and he’s been doing work for KOTV since the late 1980s when it was still owned by Belo.

As far as WRCB dropping “Eyewitness News”, I think this leaves WBRE and KOB as the last NBC stations to use that moniker, right?

On 1/16/2022 at 10:53 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

Ruth Dial was another part.

Ruth signed a contract to rebuild GO, but has since left. They are not doing well.  Except for one package that Ruth designed while she was on contract 5 years ago, GO hasn't seen any new work or clients. In fact, check the copyright date of the website.

image.png.97067bc8a0ccd3b31b581bc76ce25252.png

Lastly, this was designed by Hothaus.

Really? Didn't GO recently design new graphics for KTBS, KRGV, and create the updates to WRAL? I also could have sworn Ruth Dial came back.

On 1/17/2022 at 12:19 PM, T.L. Hughes said:

Actually, Griffin Communications still uses Doc as the voice for KWTV and KOTV. I know KWTV hasn’t used anyone else to voice promos since they started contracting him c. 1995, and he’s been doing work for KOTV since the late 1980s when it was still owned by Belo.

Jesus my brain, how could I forget the Griffin stations? Forgive me.

2 hours ago, KentBrockman said:

Really? Didn't GO recently design new graphics for KTBS, KRGV, and create the updates to WRAL? I also could have sworn Ruth Dial came back.

Jesus my brain, how could I forget the Griffin stations? Forgive me.

KTBS graphics were originally intended for WPVI. Yes, Ruth worked on those for FX Group/GO. FX only recently got around to licensing them out to KTBS

7cade0_51cd3d7dfb3b4c09ab3fab7a0fc7b53f~mv2.webp

The KRGV graphics were created independently with her own company, Design Hub: https://designhub.tv/project#krgv

The WRAL graphics were created by freelancer Michael Listerhttps://vimeo.com/492138594

On 1/19/2022 at 7:51 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

KTBS graphics were originally intended for WPVI. Yes, Ruth worked on those for FX Group/GO. FX only recently got around to licensing them out to KTBS

7cade0_51cd3d7dfb3b4c09ab3fab7a0fc7b53f~mv2.webp

The KRGV graphics were created independently with her own company, Design Hub: https://designhub.tv/project#krgv

The WRAL graphics were created by freelancer Michael Listerhttps://vimeo.com/492138594

I see. Excuse me.

-sticks head in oven-

Archived