OAN shown the door by DirecTV

TheSpeedKing

As mentioned in the article, Verizon Fios and smaller cable systems currently have OAN, and should these agreements expire without renewal, Herring already has a contingency plan (KlowdTV) but I doubt anybody but a few people would subscribe to that since most of its channels are available for free elsewhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

About the only way it survives is if Trump himself buys it and promotes it online to the MAGA base.

If that happens, then OAN will be treated like a commodity like his merchandise. Anyways, feel free to bump this thread when the channel gets pulled and we all can celebrate.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, TheSpeedKing said:

Anyways, feel free to bump this thread when the channel gets pulled and we all can celebrate.

Eyeroll. All the issues with the current cable/satellite tv models and you want to celebrate losing even more channels? Say what you want about OANN, I personally don't watch it either, but it's another option out there and serves a demographic. OAN, Black News Channel, NewsNation, whatever. If they can all make a little profit and give the viewer more options, I'm happy for them!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, GodfreyGR said:

Eyeroll. All the issues with the current cable/satellite tv models and you want to celebrate losing even more channels? Say what you want about OANN, I personally don't watch it either, but it's another option out there and serves a demographic. OAN, Black News Channel, NewsNation, whatever. If they can all make a little profit and give the viewer more options, I'm happy for them!

Please do not compare OANN to those much less extreme networks on the basis of viewership. OAN promotes debunked conspiracy theories and have probably cost lives due to their distortion of news on the COVID-19 crisis. In the instances where they do air news, it’s all from a wire, unedited. I’m happy this network is losing its biggest platform.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, TheSpeedKing said:

Please do not compare OANN to those much less extreme networks on the basis of viewership. OAN promotes debunked conspiracy theories and have probably cost lives due to their distortion of news on the COVID-19 crisis. In the instances where they do air news, it’s all from a wire, unedited. I’m happy this network is losing its biggest platform.

I have a feeling that removing the Herring networks is also more about pure viewer numbers among them and AWE and it just not justifying the per-subscriber rate. AWE especially, having a programming model of obnoxious wealth when that's the last thing anyone wants to watch now. But OAN has always had a 'KUSI, but cheap, not over-the-air, and free of basic FCC guidelines' feel where they just have theories and odd news takes that can't be taken seriously, and a 'cheap' design language and layout.

As much as I wish for new news choice (especially a straight all-news radio-like option where they just report the news and that's it)...quality is more important to me. Even CBN News with its obvious Christian viewpoint still has quality controls, and I have no problem with their news channel at all. There needs to be basic editorial structure, and seeing as they don't really edit their wire video or scripts, OAN just has never had that basic step either.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheSpeedKing said:

Please do not compare OANN to those much less extreme networks on the basis of viewership.

Don't tell me what to do. This is a discussion board- I'm discussing and offering another viewpoint.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1