CBS Local on FOX Station?

newsn8te

KTVE/KARD has recently switched music. KTVE is using The Rock again and KARD is using… CBS Local?? 

They’re not the first FOX station to use this package (WCAV CBS 19 produces WAHU FOX 27’s news…), but I find it odd that an NBC station producing a FOX newscast is using a theme Arnold marketed towards CBS affiliates. 

Is this theme now available to any affiliate, just like the Enforcer?

8 minutes ago, HoosierNewsie said:

KTVE/KARD has recently switched music. KTVE is using The Rock again and KARD is using… CBS Local?? 

They’re not the first FOX station to use this package (WCAV CBS 19 produces WAHU FOX 27’s news…), but I find it odd that an NBC station producing a FOX newscast is using a theme Arnold marketed towards CBS affiliates. 

Is this theme now available to any affiliate, just like the Enforcer?

I'm not surprised. Enforcer has been used on non-CBS stations, as well.

Maybe it's just different enough from Enforcer that it can be used.  Wasn't that note signature originally in a Chicago folk song?   Public domain probably makes this up for grabs, with some variance in use.

Extreme is another that's evolved from FOX-only use, and is heard on such stations as WBRZ (ABC) and WLOX (ABC/CBS).

And semi-related, I'd love to hear evidence of Michael Randall's NewsCenter being used on WJKW in any form.  It's been in the NMSA since the beginning of time, and nothing seems to support it's use....ever.

Michael Randall went on to compose the WJW News theme (and all of it's variants) from 1985-1995.

9 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Maybe it's just different enough from Enforcer that it can be used.  Wasn't that note signature originally in a Chicago folk song?   Public domain probably makes this up for grabs, with some variance in use.

Extreme is another that's evolved from FOX-only use, and is heard on such stations as WBRZ (ABC) and WLOX (ABC/CBS).

And semi-related, I'd love to hear evidence of Michael Randall's NewsCenter being used on WJKW in any form.  It's been in the NMSA since the beginning of time, and nothing seems to support it's use....ever.

Michael Randall went on to compose the WJW News theme (and all of it's variants) from 1985-1995.

Extreme was never marketed as a FOX only package. The only packages that Arnold had created specifically for FOX around that time was Fusion, Outlaw News and First on FOX. 

11 hours ago, HoosierNewsie said:

The only packages that Arnold had created specifically for FOX around that time was Fusion, Outlaw News and First on FOX. 

And SAM created Beyond to replace the OSI theme group wide.

On 12/25/2021 at 2:37 PM, 24994J said:

I'm not surprised. Enforcer has been used on non-CBS stations, as well.

Such as WVIT. That did not end well, though if they have the opportunity, they might as well pick up CBS Local.

14 hours ago, HoosierNewsie said:

Extreme was never marketed as a FOX only package. The only packages that Arnold had created specifically for FOX around that time was Fusion, Outlaw News and First on FOX. 

Interesting. I was under the impression Extreme was FOX since it was always FOX affiliate opens on that video package when it first dropped on his website.

Archived