KNSD in newsroom

Bsean

Not sure what's going on at KNSD today, when I watched at 11a they only were only doing one up close single shot, but still in studio (Marianne was solo today). Now at 4p, they are anchoring from the newsroom, which they've never done since moving to this building.

PXL_20211215_000614321.jpg

Taking a guess, they could be installing new monitors around the studio. I was noticing some of the monitors in the 3x3 array had some monitors with screen burn.

Edited by Bsean
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Steven Luke posted a video on his instagram and mentioned they were going to be out of the studio for 4 weeks or more. In the video he's walking to the studio and you can see brand new monitors in the boxes. Also, the AM newscast is using the Telemundo set since there is no newscasts at that time.

I can't tell if this is chroma key'ed or a real studio backdrop because the background seemed a bit too "high quality" but I don't see any chroma key flaws or tid bits of green... If this is green screened I think they're doing a great job lol...

image.png

Edited by ref1997
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Bsean said:

I thought they had just moved the desk from the main set into the newsroom, but this is a different desk all together.

Screenshot_20211220-093702.thumb.png.63a6c85c18bc43baa477c9ca3b21d2a8.png

*Nitpick mode initiated

So, KNSD's bug has a different logo than the desk, but the desk is supposedly newer. Why?

*Nitpick mode disabled

• 2 weeks later...

Well, apparently they'll be back in the studio tomorrow. But also, he alluded to the fact that but everything is done. Hopefully it refers to the monitors. Hope they are upgrading the 5x1 window to one monitor and the same with the 3x3 array:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheSpeedKing said:

They should be back in the studio today. Airchecks, please!

They are. But unfortunately due to COVID on air protocol, still haven't seen the desk. Seems they are playing with new color schemes for the light panels though. They've been using a blue to yellow gradient during midday whenever they do the monitor over the anchor's shoulder shot, and a blue to turquoise gradient for the afternoon.

Edited by Bsean
Update

• 1 month later...

Ok, I've now seen the desk since both anchors are back at the desk... It's a major downgrade. I didn't get a pic, but it's just a plain desk with a huge grey panel in the front. No logo, no monitors, no nothing!

11 hours ago, Bsean said:

Ok, I've now seen the desk since both anchors are back at the desk... It's a major downgrade. I didn't get a pic, but it's just a plain desk with a huge grey panel in the front. No logo, no monitors, no nothing!

You can see the desk with a wire sticking out in front. Looks like it’s prewired for a curved monitor display like they have for the weather center desk. But yes such a sad downgrade. Looks like they spent more money on replacing the 3x3 monitor and not enough for a better desk.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZrkdEjlCOJ/?utm_medium=copy_link

3 hours ago, SFTV said:

You can see the desk with a wire sticking out in front. Looks like it’s prewired for a curved monitor display like they have for the weather center desk. But yes such a sad downgrade. Looks like they spent more money on replacing the 3x3 monitor and not enough for a better desk.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZrkdEjlCOJ/?utm_medium=copy_link

It appears the anchor standing approach is moving across NBC O&Os.  From the view it appears this desk can accommodate both standing or sitting anchors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like how they've started using the display behind the anchors to display graphics, like on Nightly News. It looks more polished then other stations I've seen do this. They've also been doing more stand-ups around the studio.

PXL_20220427_231335973.jpg

PXL_20220427_234259118.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Bsean said:

I like how they've started using the display behind the anchors to display graphics, like on Nightly News. It looks more polished then other stations I've seen do this. They've also been doing more stand-ups around the studio.

PXL_20220427_231335973.jpg

PXL_20220427_234259118.jpg

More in line with other NBC O&Os.  WNBC has been doing this for quite awhile.

• Like 1