WTVJ 1988-89 promo

LTSC1980

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/12/2021 at 9:50 AM, LTSC1980 said:

looking for WTVJ 1988-89 promo featuring sports anchors and stars from NBC talking about switch. Was on YouTube but they are gone

Yes! I hate that YouTube got rid of the ability to see what videos were deleted from playlists! I noticed last week it was gone. The version I think you’re taking about also had a short promo with Richard Dysart from LA Law promoting West Palm Beach NBC affiliate WPTV not switching affiliations like the other stations in Miami and WPB. 

• Like 1

I have many of these from that timeframe (including WPTV”s “We’re not about to change”) - I’ll try and report them - will probably Setup a separate account…

My favorite one is with Jay Leno, where he goes something like: “ NBC is moving to Channel 4. Past the video games on 3 and before the goofy station on 5.”   Of course he probably had no idea that 5 was also an NBC station in the area…

(My parents didn’t have cable at the time and 5 came in clearly at their place).

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2