KDFW new background/duratrans

east-tx-tv

The now-15-year-old news set got a duratrans change.  No more blue-gold globe or weird-looking Dallas skyline in the background.  The last paragraph could be the most interesting in the article, though:

Insiders note that a new facility project, similar to the redevelopment of Fox 5 Washington, is eventually expected at the station, which could also be a driving point behind the lack of a new set.

A facility change could be really big for KDFW, depending on how and where it goes.  It would be weird to see the station anywhere but its longtime 400 N. Griffin address downtown.

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2021/12/01/kdfw-new-duratran/

Jesus Fox come on and give them a new set already quit slacking they remind me of Sinclair when they bought KTUL… KTUL has been on their set/news center since 1999 with small changes such as the demolition of the interview set and performance set and they moved the Good Day Tulsa set to where the interview set was and they added the monitor wall.

11 hours ago, ScottSchell said:

Jesus Fox come on and give them a new set already quit slacking...

FTS could seriously fund an entirely new set just selling off those still active PVM's to a retro video game fan/TV set aficionado. Throw them on eBay, 'Heavily used on-set analog; own Dallas TV history and get your Mario on too!;...profit! 🤪

Seriously, if the tech YouTuber I watch with a background uses the cheapest Walmart TV to light up the background of their hollow IKEA shelf cubes with color, FTS can afford to stick a flat-screen in that little space for motion graphics, rather than another duratrans.

3 hours ago, Greggo said:

If/when they move, I wonder if they would consider leaving downtown Dallas. That land their dumpy building sits on is worth major $$$. 

I hear a gently used space already perfect for a TV station is opening up at Victory Park...

15 minutes ago, sfomspphl said:

https://www.facebook.com/hannabattahTV/posts/484484509712835

Surprised at the level of engagement and opinions from viewers in the Facebook comments

A resounding preference for the skyline among them

When I saw the photos, I was shocked they even made the change. The silver nothing of a background was definitely inferior to the skyline they had. It gives off even more of a flash studio vibe that the existing set already gives off. I would've just kept things as is until they had something new.

2 hours ago, GodfreyGR said:

I hear a gently used space already perfect for a TV station is opening up at Victory Park...

The space WFAA is vacating at Victory Park is just a small, small, small studio. No way another station like KDFW could relocate ALL their employees (sales, engineering, etc) there. 

25 minutes ago, Greggo said:

The space WFAA is vacating at Victory Park is just a small, small, small studio. No way another station like KDFW could relocate ALL their employees (sales, engineering, etc) there. 

I was kind of going for the joke... Sorry it's been an off week for me.

Archived