Jump to content

November 2021 Sweeps


24994J
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

The real reason NBC dumped Columbus and the other markets at the time was the inability to pair with a Telemundo station in these smaller markets at the time.  Columbus was especially starved for stations, a situation later rectified with digital subchannels. 

 

Of the 4 that NBC cast off, WCMH was the only one to stay the course with Media General (now Nexstar) AND keep NBC. 

WVTM was flipped to Hearst when Media General took BACK WIAT, from LIn, WNCN flipped to CBS under MG/Nexstar causing WRAL to get NBC, and WJAR was flipped to Sinclair in favor of Media General getting WPRI/WNAC from Lin.

The sale of WJAR would become particularly ironic in hindsight, given it acquisition of WRIW in the market, as well as the presence of a Telemundo/NBC duopoly in Boston.

 

Meanwhile, down in Hartford-New Haven, WFSB dominated November.

 

Edited by Adam MadMan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's good news for Gray (who now has complete dominance in a market that isn't small), bad news for 61, and really bad news for 30 (a network O&O)

 

Meanwhile in Sacramento, Hearst Television's KCRA has claimed victory in the sweeps. I don't know how their main competitor KOVR fared against them.

 

https://www.kcra.com/article/kcra-3-again-top-sacramento-news-station-in-november-2021/38406527

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Adam MadMan said:

The sale of WJAR would become particularly ironic in hindsight, given it acquisition of WRIW in the market, as well as the presence of a Telemundo/NBC duopoly in Boston.

 

Meanwhile, down in Hartford-New Haven, WFSB dominated November.

 

Those graphics and music somehow...perfectly fit Gray. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the Greenville, NC-Spartanburg, SC market, Hearst Television's WYFF is #1 in every adult demographic. It's also #1 in the 2 pm timeslot.

 

Also, is it Hearst corporate mandate to declare when a station is #1? And mods, is there a separate ratings thread for national TV? 

Edited by TheSpeedKing
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/22/2021 at 3:43 PM, TheSpeedKing said:

In the Greenville, NC-Spartanburg, SC market, Hearst Television's WYFF is #1 in every adult demographic. It's also #1 in the 2 pm timeslot.

 

Also, is it Hearst corporate mandate to declare when a station is #1? And mods, is there a separate ratings thread for national TV? 

 

Any station will brag that they're #1.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2021 at 9:47 AM, TheSpeedKing said:

That's good news for Gray (who now has complete dominance in a market that isn't small), bad news for 61, and really bad news for 30 (a network O&O)

 

Meanwhile in Sacramento, Hearst Television's KCRA has claimed victory in the sweeps. I don't know how their main competitor KOVR fared against them.

 

https://www.kcra.com/article/kcra-3-again-top-sacramento-news-station-in-november-2021/38406527

 

Probably a strong second when the other competition is weak stations KXTV and KTXL.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, GoldenShine9 said:

https://www.nexttv.com/news/local-news-stumptown-gets-over-the-hump

 

KPTV (recently acquired by Gray) is the dominant #1 in Portland, OR. After that, it is KATU, KGW and KOIN in that order.

You would've thought that KGW upgrading to UHF would've helped its ratings. Also, KATU appears to be a standard Sinclair station (not a well-kept station unlike WSYX) and KGW is one of the best Tegna stations. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.