2001 KNTV proposed graphics

qunewsguy

I was just cleaning out a folder of old screengrabs (and I do mean OLD) and I found the attached images dated 2002. They're definitely "NBC 3" launch pitches for KNTV's switch, but I can't quite place the graphics firm. Thought they were worth sharing here either way.

nbc3v1.png

nbc3v2.png

10 hours ago, qunewsguy said:

I was just cleaning out a folder of old screengrabs (and I do mean OLD) and I found the attached images dated 2002. They're definitely "NBC 3" launch pitches for KNTV's switch, but I can't quite place the graphics firm. Thought they were worth sharing here either way.

nbc3v1.png

nbc3v2.png

The style looks like Novocom but the thumbnails look like they're from Hothaus' old site and there are elements of their style hinted as well.

I forgot all about RudeHoney. Based on the angled design on the left I'd say this was their work! Attached image is from the homepage from archive.org.... unfortunately the site used to be a Flash popup site so there's nothing else left.

home_top.jpg

13 hours ago, qunewsguy said:

I forgot all about RudeHoney. Based on the angled design on the left I'd say this was their work! Attached image is from the homepage from archive.org.... unfortunately the site used to be a Flash popup site so there's nothing else left.

I wish I knew more about them. There doesn't seem to be much of a trace online left about them. I wasn't really paying attention to any of this with that level of detail back then. The KCBS and KCNC 2003 looks were some of my favorites, and in my opinion, probably the best of the 2003 CBS O&O rebrands.

8 hours ago, C Block said:

I wish I knew more about them. There doesn't seem to be much of a trace online left about them. I wasn't really paying attention to any of this with that level of detail back then. The KCBS and KCNC 2003 looks were some of my favorites, and in my opinion, probably the best of the 2003 CBS O&O rebrands.

From what I remember they weren't around all that long... maybe three or four years. The only other big claim to fame was the early 2000's Univision affiliate package.

Archived