Amy Freeze

j.wer

Hmm very interesting! By saying "I'm not leaving NYC" it makes me think she had an offer somewhere for a top meteorologist spot; the question being where...

I guess we can all make the wager that Brittany Bell gets her slot on weekend AMs. With the hiring of Bell, I wonder if this was in the works for a while.

29 minutes ago, NYNewsCoverage said:

Hmm very interesting! By saying "I'm not leaving NYC" it makes me think she had an offer somewhere for a top meteorologist spot; the question being where...

I guess we can all make the wager that Brittany Bell gets her slot on weekday AMs. With the hiring of Bell, I wonder if this was in the works for a while.

Fox Weather Maybe.  

1 hour ago, NYNewsCoverage said:

I guess we can all make the wager that Brittany Bell gets her slot on weekday AMs. With the hiring of Bell, I wonder if this was in the works for a while.

Weekend am and Sam is weekday am 

Not sure the long-term viability, but NBC could be looking for someone to fill in for Dylan Dreyer, while she's on maternity leave. Even more out there, what if CBS is looking to add a weatherperson to CBS Mornings? Just throwing those out there.

5 hours ago, iron_lion said:

Good luck Amy, she was great! Fox 5 seems to have high turnover so I'd prefer she go to a more stable station.

I agree. Plus, given her very short time/unceremonious exit at WFLD/Fox 32, I’m not sure she’s jumping at the chance to work for another FOX station again, but you never know…

57 minutes ago, Spintech33 said:

She only going a couple of avenues down to Midtown. Good for her. Hopefully, her contract doesn’t stipulate that she has to go to East 67th Street to cover for WNYW weather team. 

Why would you not want her to cover for WNYW? When WNYW had computer issues that ultimately preempted the 5 and 6pm newscasts, Sixth Avenue filled in.

11 minutes ago, NYTV said:

Why would you not want her to cover for WNYW? When WNYW had computer issues that ultimately preempted the 5 and 6pm newscasts, Sixth Avenue filled in.

That part..... Good to know.  Never knew that 6th Avenue provides some coverage when WNYW is down.  

52 minutes ago, Spintech33 said:

That part..... Good to know.  Never knew that 6th Avenue provides some coverage when WNYW is down.  

Yeah, the last time that happened, WNYW had to move in briefly while the technical issues were rectified. Shepard Smith would end up hosting the 10pm news for the night.

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2018/08/22/fox-5-new-york-outage/

In fact, their sister station in DC, WTTG, helped Fox News Sunday when a fire in the building where their bureau and studios are located forced a relocation

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2019/01/20/fire-hits-building-housing-fox-c-span-msnbc-studios-in-washington/

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 1:28 AM, Colortini said:

Not sure anyone has posted this but I noticed John Marshall is now on FOX Weather, as well. 

Hell yeah, good for him don't know why no one hired him after wnbc he only got freelance jobs

On 10/6/2021 at 4:23 PM, NYTV said:

Yeah, the last time that happened, WNYW had to move in briefly while the technical issues were rectified. Shepard Smith would end up hosting the 10pm news for the night.

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2018/08/22/fox-5-new-york-outage/

In fact, their sister station in DC, WTTG, helped Fox News Sunday when a fire in the building where their bureau and studios are located forced a relocation

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2019/01/20/fire-hits-building-housing-fox-c-span-msnbc-studios-in-washington/

FNC's studio, graphics and lighting looked so good on WNYW.

Archived