New Cox Group Music Package?

The Romeo Show

I’ve run across 3 videos from this week. It’s widely believed that it’s almost certainly Stephen Arnold, especially since they’re now using SA’s sound effects. Some of the speculation hints at an update of an existing package, but from what I’ve heard so far, my prediction is an entirely new package - maybe specifically for Cox Media stations.

• 3 weeks later...

WFXT-TV used to use this news music package called "Impact V.6" from Warner-Chappell. They've used that package ever since Cox Media Group brought in new graphics in 2015 after buying them the year before. They've used that music all the way up to this week when they change their music package. I first heard it while watching it a 6pm on October 13th, 2021. If anyone is able to help identify what the new music package is called, that'll be appreciated. 

I don't have anyways right now of finding the video with the music, but if anyone finds a video of the new music on WFXT and then they can figure it out from there, that'll be helpful too.

Thanks.

• CircleSeven changed the title to New Cox Group Music Package?

36 minutes ago, NewEgg00 said:

WFXT-TV used to use this news music package called "Impact V.6" from Warner-Chappell. They've used that package ever since Cox Media Group brought in new graphics in 2015 after buying them the year before. They've used that music all the way up to this week when they change their music package. I first heard it while watching it a 6pm on October 13th, 2021. If anyone is able to help identify what the new music package is called, that'll be appreciated. 

Thanks.

I'm watching the live stream now. Its the same music WHBQ just switched to.

Vid courtesy of "I'm A Office Boy" from YT.

Could this be a new station group music theme for the Cox stations?

9 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I'm watching the live stream now. Its the same music WHBQ just switched to.

Vid courtesy of "I'm A Office Boy" from YT.

Could this be a new station group music theme for the Cox stations?

Interesting. That new music is going to take time to grow on me. Maybe if they would've launched it with the new graphics, they launched last year on WFXT, I would've liked it? I don't know. Let's see.

1 hour ago, noggi said:

Stream? What an horrible name! Otherwise, I find the package OK. Not as strong as Guardian or Inergy or even U-Phonix, but it is nowhere as bland as it is the Scripps package or even SAM's best seller Aerial. I think it could be useful for the mid-market and small-market stations which tend to use Aerial.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived