9/11 20 years later

Liugrad2020

No - I didn't know about it until about 11:30a, so all I saw was the reading of the names.

However, one thing to note - they used Look N graphics for the names of the victims. It's probably because it takes a while to write out 3,000 names, so they didn't redo it with the new graphics. I wonder what it would look like with Look S. 

As is done each year, WCBS, WNBC, WNYW, WABC, and WPIX always carry the ceremony live. WNYW came on at 8:30 and WPIX came on at 8am.

WCBS aired the CBS network programming starting with the 8am hour of CBS Mornings on WLNY

WABC aired the network coverage with David Muir on digital channel Localish 7.2

WNYW aired Big Noon Kickoff and both college football games on WWOR/MY9, even after WNYW joined the noon game in progress.

I know WCBS had a special one hour program from 7-8pm Friday night to commemorate the 20 years.

WABC has a digital piece, "Behind the Lens."

16 hours ago, civic110 said:

As is done each year, WCBS, WNBC, WNYW, WABC, and WPIX always carry the ceremony live. WNYW came on at 8:30 and WPIX came on at 8am.

WCBS aired the CBS network programming starting with the 8am hour of CBS Mornings on WLNY

WABC aired the network coverage with David Muir on digital channel Localish 7.2

WNYW aired Big Noon Kickoff and both college football games on WWOR/MY9, even after WNYW joined the noon game in progress.

I know WCBS had a special one hour program from 7-8pm Friday night to commemorate the 20 years.

WABC has a digital piece, "Behind the Lens."

Both “specials” were both done perfectly. I watched both and they were really done nicely. WABC also has their 5pm and 11pm newscasts from that day on “the vault” section of their website along with reports from that day. 

Archived