KCPQ to drop the Q

Samantha

Right now with this pace, they got as far as the same level as KTVU did. 😆 (Except the mic flags)

I’ll believe it when the Mic Flags and Openings change and last more than 6 months before reverting back to Q 😅

• Like 3

16 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

This is just sad as hell. The "Q" was their brand. 

As of right now, "Q13" is still around for tonight's 5pm.

But with the website being updated, it shouldn't be that long now...... 

I would love to see the reaction from viewers when the inevitable happens.

Opinion respected. I may be missing that iconic "Q13" branding, but am looking forward to a new era, come Friday. I have been calling Western Washington home for 23+ years. Gee, I missed Texas and Oklahoma.

Edited by DonDonP1

On 9/9/2021 at 12:37 PM, effseesee said:

Seems odd that they would create a new logo with the 20th Century spotlights, when Fox no longer owns it.

Late reply, but Fox owns the "20th Century Studios" name and logo. Disney uses them under a perpetual royalty-free license.

So no, Disney didn't buy the searchlights.

On 9/9/2021 at 2:10 PM, jerseyfla said:

It looks like a throwback to sister WTVT's 1978-1989 logo.

WTVT | Logopedia | Fandom

Almost identical, except the top of the "3" in 13 is straight in this one.
Probably better than using the more modern "13" that FOX copied and pasted to Memphis as well, and still lives on under Cox.

And better than the Times New Roman variant they created in Salt Lake City.

In a way it has some of the vibe of the old "13" in the Q days.

I still wish the FOX O&O's still had unique looks to them like they did before 2007.

Edited by tyrannical bastard
Fixing multiple postings
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, sanewsguy said:

Did we know MJ was leaving? I don’t recall seeing that here. The number of people who have left Q13 … or whatever they want to call it … is pretty staggering. 

Now to a different Fox O&O: All of us on here have bagged on KDFW for their apparent unwillingness to replace their ancient set. Even tho they’re the most-watched station in D/FW and clearly aren’t hurting for cash. Well, this morning anchor Lauren Przybyl was back in the studio for the first time in forever bc of COVID precautions. And she apparently was blasted by viewers commented on how her hair looked due to their crappy studio lighting. Yes, really. 

A84C5C1C-0267-4F70-8D1F-AC5BECD248F7.jpeg

Edited by Greggo

8 minutes ago, Greggo said:

Did we know MJ was leaving? I don’t recall seeing that here. The number of people who have left Q13 … or whatever they want to call it … is pretty staggering. 

So all of us on here have bagged on KDFW for their apparent unwillingness to replace their ancient set. Even tho they’re the most-watched station in D/FW and clearly aren’t hurting for cash. Well, this morning anchor Lauren Przybyl was back in the studio for the first time in forever bc of COVID precautions. And she apparently was blasted by viewers commented on how her hair looked due to their crappy studio lighting. Yes, really. 

A84C5C1C-0267-4F70-8D1F-AC5BECD248F7.jpeg

MJ announced earlier this week she’s retiring her replacement is Brian MacMillan of KPTV (a Seattle area native) Matt Lorch is also departing and leaving the business and working for a non profit organization. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, JoseRM303 said:

MJ announced earlier this week she’s retiring her replacement is Brian MacMillan of KPTV (a Seattle area native) Matt Lorch is also departing and leaving the business and working for a non profit organization. 

All the best to MJ and Matt.

I believe this will be the first news department in Seattle to use the "Network/Channel" branding since KSTW in 1998.

All of the other Seattle news stations use call letters for their branding (KOMO News, KING 5 News, and KIRO 7 News).

Edited by Casey Buck
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...