WGN-TV Daytime Chicago set

cfs89

2 hours ago, cfs89 said:
Sneak peek at the set for the new 10am "Daytime Chicago" daily show with Tonya Francisco and Amy Rutledge that launches next month.

Looks like it's in the historic Studio 1 where Bozo's Circus was taped from 1961-2001. 

https://twitter.com/thederekhaas/status/1428105448180301828

IMG_20210825_092705.jpg

This set looks great for a local news outlet! It reminds me of the new Fox 5 DC studio - I wonder if the designer was the same. 

1 hour ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Meh. In-house Nexstar set.

This really bugs me. Nexstar’s in-house designers are now on the level of the big shots. It took a while to get there but there is no denying KHON, this set and the new one for Charlotte is a great move in the right direction. And they are not cookie cutter sets anymore. Every set has LED walls. So now, they are getting creative to where other set pieces go to differentiate. 

17 minutes ago, Sendir said:

This really bugs me. Nexstar’s in-house designers are now on the level of the big shots. It took a while to get there but there is no denying KHON, this set and the new one for Charlotte is a great move in the right direction. And they are not cookie cutter sets anymore

Looking at some of Scripps' shambolic Morning Blend/advertorial 'sets' (a couch in the old phone bank area for instance), this is a Deathstar compared to those.

I am so surprised this is a Nexstar in-house design. Really surprised. That set has lots of elements inspired by the NewsNation Network set, as well as some inspiration from Clickspring/Provost. The days they began to do so set-in-a-box designs with the infamous Dalek Desk are really long away, as they learned from the designs FX made for KOIN, WFLA and KRON, and from that, they succesfully achieved up their game with their own elements. As you said, this set, along with the KHON and WJZY sets, has been the best Nexstar designers have done. I hope they do something similar at Studio 2 for WGN's newscasts, as the BDI set is really starting to get dated.

Archived