Return of CBS Newsbreak?

bostonmediaguy

At approximately 3:58am this morning, shortly before CBS Morning News began, CBS broadcast CBS News Flash, an approximately 1-minute news digest that was anchored by Tom Hanson. CBS, like the other networks, previously had updates broadcast throughout the day.

I found an edition of CBS News Flash from earlier this month on YouTube, included as part of a video history of the CBS Newsbreak.

I'm curious if this just airs a 3:58am EDT (But then, why?) or if it is airing in other dayparts. 

NewscastStudio has an article up on this: https://www.newscaststudio.com/2021/08/25/cbs-news-flash/

I am not sure where it is tapped, but that space is also used for some in-studio productions when Thomas Hanson anchors CBS Morning News. IMO, the space looks incredible in this view - I love the studio colors (wonder if we'll see these colors in the new CTM studio). 

image.thumb.png.7a27833f2db69ecbc7308981a43c7366.png

Archived