Looking for a video of a news report, from 1985, from WSMV-TV, Nashville, TN, about the hobby of TV DX'ing

Route66Fan

A few years ago, I came across a video on YouTube, which was a news report from, what I believe was, WSMV-TV, Ch. 4 in Nashville, TN (Or one of the other TV stations in that area.), about a guy who's hobby was picking up & logging distant OTA TV stations (The hobby is known as TV DX'ing.). This report aired in 1985. I would like to see this video again, but I can't remember what the name of the video was.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 3:34 AM, Route66Fan said:

A few years ago, I came across a video on YouTube, which was a news report from, what I believe was, WSMV-TV, Ch. 4 in Nashville, TN (Or one of the other TV stations in that area.), about a guy who's hobby was picking up & logging distant OTA TV stations (The hobby is known as TV DX'ing.). This report aired in 1985. I would like to see this video again, but I can't remember what the name of the video was.

Someone must have seen this post...says 1990 but seems like 1985

On 9/8/2021 at 1:21 PM, sfomspphl said:

Someone must have seen this post...says 1990 but seems like 1985

Yeah, I just found this clip yesterday. I didn't think to check back here. From what I've heard, this news clip came from a tape that had a home video recording of a 1990 "Worldwide TV FM DX'ing Association" convention in Manassas, VA. As you mentioned, this clip could have been from an older recording.

Archived