KOTV’s New Morning Newscast

ScottSchell

7 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Is the CBS This Morning being moved to 7am?

They're one of the last affiliates not to air it in pattern.

The promo didn't show or say I just saw it on TV and they said there is a new newscast at 9am on 6.

On 8/17/2021 at 6:00 PM, CircleSeven said:

Is the CBS This Morning being moved to 7am?

They're one of the last affiliates not to air it in pattern.

On 8/18/2021 at 1:26 AM, ScottSchell said:

The promo didn't show or say I just saw it on TV and they said there is a new newscast at 9am on 6.

It probably will be moved to 7am. Didn’t realize til I saw their schedule that this is also the station that delays The Bold and the Beautiful to 1:07 am due to their hourlong noon news. KIRO also delays B&B but they air it at 2 PT. Maybe they make the 9am news a half hour and put B&B at 9:30. 

1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

Are they keeping the KQCW 7-9am intact? 

They only use KQCW for the 8am hour of Six In The Morning and then at 9pm for the night newscast.  So if they do move CBS This Morning to 7am then they could possibly use 7-9am on the CW and then still do the 9am show on 6.

@Georgie56 Based on this guide, KQCW simulcasted 6ITM from 6-8am along with the exclusive 8am hour. 

Currently, 6 airs CBS This Morning airs from 8-10am. If the new 9am newscast is coming next month (whether its a half hour or a full hour), then its almost for certain CTM is going to get shifted. 

I guess we'll know clearly when the new schedules get posted in a couple of weeks.

For the last few years, CBS has been trying to get stations don't air CTM in pattern to do so.

Most have either aired it an hour later (KOTV, WTOC, WFMY), aired only parts of it (KUTV) or didn't even air it all (WWL).

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Looking at the guide from their website, the newly-named CBS Mornings will air at 7am on 6 starting Monday.

6ITM will continue to air 7-9am on 19, while the new 9am show will air exclusively on 6.

Only the 6am hour will be simulcasted on both.

That is correct they are also switching anchors during that time so LeAnne, Tess, and Alan will do the 7am hour while Tess, Dave, and Stephen does the 8am hour on the CW then Dave, LeAnne, and Alan will do the 9am on 6. Tess will continue to do the newscast at 4:30am with Stephen then report from the field or newsroom during the 5 and 6am broadcasts. 
This is what Stephen Nehrenz put on his Facebook “You'll also see a few anchor shuffles during that entire 5 1/2 hour stretch:

4:30 AM (CBS): Tess and me
5 AM - 7 AM (CBS): LeAnne, Dave, and Alan
7 AM - 8 AM (Tulsa CW): LeAnne, Tess, and Alan
8 AM - 9 AM (Tulsa CW): Dave, Tess, and me
9 AM - 10 AM (CBS): LeAnne, Dave, and Alan

I'll still have your traffic covered from that 5 AM - 8 AM stretch as well!”

Archived