WFAA leaving Victory Park studio

MarkBRollins88_v2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here’s a full tour video. I like it A LOT better with the color schemes and lighting in this video versus that lighting scheme they chose for the sneak peak pic.

i think nearly everything from victory got salvaged for this. The BAM and the frames around it, as well as the wall of wood and glass panels with the little silver plays buttons on it, and the desk, as well as the “floating” monitor, and some other things. 

still think it’s a little too… metal? Is that the right word? 

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/wfaas-new-innovative-young-street-studio-to-debut-february-1-at-6pm/287-43f6a03c-6104-499c-a4c3-a09b42a916bb

Overall this is a pretty decent set. There was some discussion in the Discord that the overall height (going up past the lighting grid!) makes it feel smaller than it actually is. I'm curious how long it will take until producers get tired of wide bump shots, or things break up high that nobody wants to pull out the scissorlift to fix.

I do stick by what I said earlier, that I don't think they'll remain on Young St. for more than 5-10 years. This set, abeit nice, is obviously cheap. Parts of it look more like a trade show booth than a permanent news set, and there's little cut corners visible (such as the visible unistrut behind the frosted plexiglass above the LED wall), on top of the obvious recycling of some set pieces from Victory Park (look closely at both and you'll see 'em). The Victory refresh was obviously done with some intention that it would not stay there, and now all they did was move a bunch of it to the main studio.

On 1/24/2022 at 10:30 PM, Greggo said:

And if folks here are to be believed, KDFW will move from its luxurious spot near the Greyhound station soon. 

KDFW is actually across the street from 1 of 2 DART downtown transit centers, but is at least 4 blocks from the Greyhound station.  For now.

It's not bad, but seems tall for tall's sake. Feels a bit sterile. The area left of the green screen seems like wasted space. You could put a few monitors there and furniture and make it an interview area. Weather center seems unnecessarily crowded too given how much space they have.

On 1/26/2022 at 12:12 AM, Bsean said:

Looks great. Waiting for KFMB to get a new set....

I agree. The purple and orange TEGNA graphics on the monitor on the anchor desk does not fit the look.

Their set had so much potential and was screaming to be an O&O before the sale to TEGNA since they got the KCNC look with the desk and Duratrans.

13 hours ago, SFTV said:

I agree. The purple and orange TEGNA graphics on the monitor on the anchor desk does not fit the look.

Their set had so much potential and was screaming to be an O&O before the sale to TEGNA since they got the KCNC look with the desk and Duratrans.

You are so right... I really thought they were about to be an O&O at one point. But yeah, the set did have so much potential, but they have hodgepodged that set so much! Every time I see that hard transition from the duratrans to the monitor array behind the desk, I get annoyed. LMAO

Archived