Coastal Television acquiring Waypoint Media stations

Morphtato

2 hours ago, LOWERCASE GUY said:

Ahh yes, the Bill Fielder Special; have several staff meetings, promise sunshine, rainbows, better equipment, more resources, better pay, etc. In the meetings, he talks about how he worked with Gray, and he has connections to take a good quality newscast, and make it even better. Then once he takes over, he makes you sign the "employee handbook" under duress without reading the handbook, and threatens you if you don't sign it right then and there. (one of the things it says, it makes you an At-will employee and they can fire you for any reason including cause) whacks everyone out of a job, and offer a severance of one paycheck, and if you accept it, you aren't allowed to discuss what happened. (So do NOT accept the buyout). I, along with anyone else who has experienced the Bill Fielder Special, am telling you right now, if that man, or Scott Centers, his right hand man, EVER set foot in your TV station, start working on your Resume and Reel and run like hell.

Take this from Several people in Alaska and Wyoming, and now with the NewsHub staff, who have experienced this!

So, he's basically a politician. Just look at billfielder.com for proof.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lugnuts6 said:

So, coastal which replaced Alaska and Wyoming news with Traverse City, Michigan based NewsNet, NOW has bought [ to put it bluntly ]  what I guess could be considered their own NewsHub so to me that means that Alaska and Wyoming will be dropping NewsNet for newscasts of what was known as Independent News Network in Davenport ,Iowa  ? 

If that happens, then I'm sure that NewsNet's death clock will only accelerate. The deals and Alaska and Wyoming are very likely the only thing keeping the lights on at the network with Newsy now available as further reaching and more professional alternative. Hell, Newsy is all ready on subchannels on their stations, they never even considered adding NewsNet full time on a subchannel!

1 hour ago, CarolinaWxGuy said:

Well he did try to run for office before so yeah I'd say that.

As a conservative, "family values" Republican in dark-red Forsyth County, GA -- and lost! He must have managed his campaign as well as he is managing his stations.

Edited by TVIntheDesert

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, LTSC1980 said:

News Hub has take over the news operations for KYUR/KJUD. They have replaced NewsNet production in favor of News Hub.

IMO, the death clock for NewsNet has only accelerated with the Coastal news deal gone. It really serves no purpose anymore now that Newsy is around as an OTA alternative!