Alita Guillen gone from CBS 2

lazynetjunkie

According to today's Feder column (http://www.suntimes.com/business/feder/508612,CST-FIN-feder14.article), Alita Guillen got an early release from her contract at WBBM to move to LA. This weekend will be her last weekend at WBBM. I really like Alita Guillen. She's a really good anchor. The article says she has no job lined up in LA; however, I can see her easily getting a position at any LA station.

Now, who's going to replace her? Considered top candidates for the job are Kristyn Hartman, Suzanne LeMignot, Katie McCall, Dana Kozlov, Susan Carlson and Mai Martinez. Once again, no Mary Ann Childers.

This sucks, this sucks, this sucks, this sucks, this sucks!

Alita Guillen is first rate, she and Jim Williams make such a strong, capable team. Both were among Ahern's first and best hires. No one mentioned as a replacement duplicates their chemistry (although my money's on Kristyn Hartman). This is very disappointing, and I would think a major blow to Channel 2.

But I'm glad Mary Ann Childers doesn't want the gig, she shouldn't be working weekends and I'm at least glad I can see her everyday at 5PM and as Diann Burns' primary substitute.

One more thing, I thought that was awfully weird of Robert Feder to make that Hispanic remark in his column. Number 1, Alita's not even hispanic - Guillen is her married name. Number 2, Channel 2 is still up to par or fares better in that regard compared to all the other stations in town, so I don't know why he felt the need to say that.

Alita Guillen is first rate, she and Jim Williams make such a strong, capable team. Both were among Ahern's first and best hires. No one mentioned as a replacement duplicates their chemistry (although my money's on Kristyn Hartman). This is very disappointing, and I would think a major blow to Channel 2.

But I'm glad Mary Ann Childers doesn't want the gig, she shouldn't be working weekends and I'm at least glad I can see her everyday at 5PM and as Diann Burns' primary substitute.

One more thing, I thought that was awfully weird of Robert Feder to make that Hispanic remark in his column. Number 1, Alita's not even hispanic - Guillen is her married name. Number 2, Channel 2 is still up to par or fares better in that regard compared to all the other stations in town, so I don't know why he felt the need to say that.

Or as Diann Burns replacement when Ahern and Carol get booted from Ch. 2

Is Mary Ann Childers now the new 5pm co-anchor with Rob Johnson now?

Is Mary Ann Childers now the new 5pm co-anchor with Rob Johnson now?

I wish, but no. As medical editor, Mary Ann delivers her daily "Medicine Today" segment on the 5PM news. It's nice to be able to see her at the desk everyday, it's almost as though she still has an anchor spot but of course it's not nearly enough.

Actually, I never quite understood why she's not included in the talent rejoin, after all, ABC 7 HealthBeat reporter Sylvia Perez gets a nod on their 4PM news. And some years ago, Dr. Michael Breen used to get his mention. Besides the fact that the segment is just as routine as say, weather or sports.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived