Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! vs 7pm Newscasts

AdamTheJ

KVAL Eugene had Wheel at 6:30 and Jeopardy! at 7 for several years so they could fit EXTRA, and The Cosby Show reruns (before Extra came on), leading into primetime. They later got moved back into prime access. A rarity for Pacific time.

Anyways, I'd love to see the Seattle ratings for the weeknight 7:00 slot. How does KING and KIRO do with 7pm news compared to Big Bang reruns on Q13 and Wheel on KOMO? Do the ratings fall or stay the same?

11 hours ago, WheelWarrior said:

What other affiliates in the US have aired syndicated Wheel of Fortune earlier than 7:00 PM ET/PT/6:00 CT/MT/HT?

WSBK during the UPN days aired WoF at 6pm ET and at one point moved WoF to 5pm in 2003. Then before finally moving to WBZ, it aired at 8pm during the second stint as “TV38”.

21 hours ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

Anyways, I'd love to see the Seattle ratings for the weeknight 7:00 slot. How does KING and KIRO do with 7pm news compared to Big Bang reruns on Q13 and Wheel on KOMO? Do the ratings fall or stay the same?

I'd love to know the ratings on the stations that constantly pre-empt Wheel with NFL specials, like Patriots All Access on WBZ and Buffalo Kickoff Live on WIVB and WROC. The latter has already preempted Wheel about 30 times this season for that and several other specials. Surely these programs/specials can't be that profitable if they're preempting such a popular show that isn't even allowed to have multiple runs/airings (unlike preempting Inside Edition or ET).

The Buffalo Bills stuff also airs on WETM in Elmira but it preempts Jeopardy! there, probably one of the only stations that preempts J! more often than Wheel. Stations generally choose Wheel's slot as their first target for specials because of J! having returning champions and/or because J! began surpassing Wheel in national ratings on a regular basis around 2017 (I'm curious which markets Wheel is still the higher of the two; probably the ones where J! airs during the workday).

Archived