Which TV Antenna Should I choose?

jimuin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Antop 800SBS, Antop 400BV, and Marathon Plus are similar variations of the same antenna. Good compact design with good reception reliability. With a UHF flat panel and VHF dipole and indoor stand. The 800SBS has an internal amplifier with adjustable gain, whereas the 400BV allows for an external amplifier. The Marathon has a built in amplifier but does not have adjustable gain. Larger antennas that perform well include Clearstream 4V/4MAX from Antennas Direct, and the classic 8bay antenna from Channel Master, model 4228HD Extremetenna.. The Channel Master is optimized for UHF but can also receive High VHF in strong signal areas. But in some cases you may need to add a separate VHF antenna for reliable performance along with the 4228 for UHF.

• 1 year later...

Updating, for outdoor antennas, Televes has excellent performing products now supporting the US market. The Televes Ellipse Mix is good for suburban to distant areas, and the DAT Boss long range models pull in the deep fringe. All include a built in amplifier with automatic gain control to avoid overload and interference, as well as LTE filter. And they have a new version of the classic 8bay UHF antenna with the built in amp and added dipoles for VHF. Check Amazon, Lowe's, Ness Electronics and Solid Signal.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/13/2021 at 4:10 PM, jimuin said:

Hi! Can anyone tell me which TV Antenna should I choose? I am currently living in a rural area. My budget is no more than 300$. I am using Ecostar LED TV. So suggest me accordingly.

Sorry, I’m a bit late. I would recommend checking out antennaweb.org they list the stations you should get based on your address and antennas are colour coded by type.

• Like 1