2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

KAPP/KVEW in central WA will take Jennifer Hudson. My guess? 4:00 replacing The Good Dish. They also need to find something to replace The (lone) Doctor.....I meant "s" in the 2:00 hour. What a shell of its own self after Travis and the others were ditched at the start of COVID. And Dr. Ordon looks and sounds tired. Good freakin' riddance.

That seals the deal for KNDO to find something else in the 4:00 hour when the Ellen repeats run out in early September. NBC Right Now Local News at 4?

On 7/4/2022 at 10:23 PM, Nelson R. said:

RIP Wendy Williams’ YouTube channel 

After Nick Cannon's talk show was cancelled, the videos were removed from its YouTube channel as well. Now the channel is the new online home for Sherri Shepherd's show.

Meanwhile, my home market - Richmond, VA - has some holes to fill:

• WRLH (FOX) is losing Nick Cannon, The Wendy Williams Show, Daily Mail TV and The Doctors.
  • WTVR (CBS) and its Hampton Roads sister station WTKR 3 (also CBS) are losing Ellen. Question is: which show will the two put in the 3pm timeslot? Hopefully no 3pm newscasts...
  • WUPV (CW) is losing Judge Jerry, The Real, The Good Dish, Schitt's Creek (which is leaving syndication), Mike & Molly (which is also leaving syndication as well; I didn't know that) and RightThisMinute (currently it airs on late nights). Is Couples Court cancelled? If so, WUPV should fill that slot as well.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, phillynewslover said:

Couples Court ended two years ago. The reruns have been on since then. I'm not sure if they're going to play a third season of reruns. The show was only on for one season anyway.

Ah, okay. I know Bounce TV airs it as well.

56 minutes ago, tw-804 said:

After Nick Cannon's talk show was cancelled, the videos were removed from its YouTube channel as well. Now the channel is the new online home for Sherri Shepherd's show.

Meanwhile, my home market - Richmond, VA - has some holes to fill:

• WRLH (FOX) is losing Nick Cannon, The Wendy Williams Show, Daily Mail TV and The Doctors.
  • WTVR (CBS) and its Hampton Roads sister station WTKR 3 (also CBS) are losing Ellen. Question is: which show will the two put in the 3pm timeslot? Hopefully no 3pm newscasts...
  • WUPV (CW) is losing Judge Jerry, The Real, The Good Dish, Schitt's Creek (which is leaving syndication), Mike & Molly (which is also leaving syndication as well; I didn't know that) and RightThisMinute (currently it airs on late nights). Is Couples Court cancelled? If so, WUPV should fill that slot as well.

Who has Kelly Clarkson in Hampton Roads and Richmond. I'm sure WTKR and WTVR would air that. Please no 3 PM newscast. 

36 minutes ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Who has Kelly Clarkson in Hampton Roads and Richmond. I'm sure WTKR and WTVR would air that. Please no 3 PM newscast. 

WWBT and WAVY. They air the show at 2pm.

Edited by tw-804
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 12:35 AM, phillynewslover said:

Couples Court ended two years ago. The reruns have been on since then. I'm not sure if they're going to play a third season of reruns. The show was only on for one season anyway.

On 7/11/2022 at 12:27 AM, tw-804 said:

Is Couples Court cancelled?

Not sure but I had no idea it only ran for one season. That might be the only syndicated show to ever have reruns run longer than first run episodes. If it is WAXN would have a fourth hour to fill for sure, as they have to replace The Doctors, Right This Minute and Judge Jerry. They also lose Wendy but I assume that will get filled with Sheri.

Byron Allen strikes again (per Cynopsis):

Courtroom series “We the People with Judge Lauren Lake” has been cleared for fall syndication in 95% of US markets. The show has secured clearances with group-owned television stations including FOX O&Os, CBS O&Os, Nexstar, Tegna, Weigel, Mission, Sinclair, Lockwood, Gray, Entravision, Hearst, Scripps, Corridor, Circle City Broadcasting, Block, Allen Media Broadcasting, Graham, COX Media Group, American Spirit, Bahakel, Sunbeam, and the CW 100+. The daily one-hour show will be produced and distributed by Allen Media Group/Entertainment Studios.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, 24994J said:

Please fix the link, but yes, anything that's coming out for the upcoming season shouldn't still be being posted in this past season's thread.

Yeah I posted a screenshot, I couldn’t figure out how to link to the thread

3 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Two Broke Girls is also leaving syndication 

I know. WRLH used to air it in syndication (late nights). That’s why I didn’t mention it. Currently no station in Richmond is airing the show.

Edited by tw-804

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/12/2022 at 8:35 AM, Nelson R. said:

That might be the only syndicated show to ever have reruns run longer than first run episodes.

There's a lot of instances of this in off-network syndication, Seinfeld a notable example.

In first-run syndication, Judge Alex ran longer than the show itself in repeats. I know Merv Griffin's Crosswords ran YEARS after it's short run, mostly for cheap filler. TBS also ran both Caroline Rhea and Megan Mulally's short lived talk shows in the early morning hours for a few years.

It's definitely not unheard of but it's very rare. Usually when first-run shows are over, they don't pull a Judge Judy or The Jerry Springer Show and keep running in repeats.

20 minutes ago, ActionTV27 said:

There's a lot of instances of this in off-network syndication, Seinfeld a notable example.

In first-run syndication, Judge Alex ran longer than the show itself in repeats. I know Merv Griffin's Crosswords ran YEARS after it's short run, mostly for cheap filler. TBS also ran both Caroline Rhea and Megan Mulally's short lived talk shows in the early morning hours for a few years.

It's definitely not unheard of but it's very rare. Usually when first-run shows are over, they don't pull a Judge Judy or The Jerry Springer Show and keep running in repeats.

On the flip side, I believe The Middle left broadcast syndication before it even left the air 🤔

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, DENDude said:

With Ellen leaving the air, KUSA is Putting Daily Blast LIVE in at it's old time slot of 3PM, And Dateline OTO will air at 1PM.    And Top Story with Tom Llamas will air at 1:12AM Tu-F. 

On the subject of Denver, not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Live with Kelly is moving back to KWGN for the first time in more than a decade. KDVR is adding a 10am news hour, so KDVR will have live news continuously from 4:30am-noon. 😳

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Several Hearst stations are now airing programming from their Very Local app in the former timeslots of Ellen and The Good Dish, as those shows have been (or will be) pulled from the airwaves; and their new shows aren't scheduled to premiere yet.