Jump to content

2021-22 Syndicated News


CLETVFan

Recommended Posts

On 1/4/2022 at 3:37 PM, CLETVFan said:

Here's the website for The Good Dish with a page on where the show will be seen on:

https://www.gooddishtv.com/how-to-watch

The Oklahoma City listing is also incorrect. KOCO has announced that it will launch an 11:00 a.m. newscast as a replacement for Dr. Oz on January 17, instead of putting The Good Dish in that hour. Since they already air a replay of Dr. Oz at 12:07 a.m. (which replaced an overnight replay of The Kelly Clarkson Show in September), they’re likely gonna put The Good Dish in that slot.

Edited by T.L. Hughes
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With NATPE in Miami cancelled in-person, announcements are starting to come out about next year. First up, MGM, with one great idea and one which makes you question why creatives exist when suits just find the lowest common denominator;

 

Teen Court...yes, a very good idea as it seems that adults forget that their kids have to suffer through court shows that seem to be taking on more adult issues as time goes on. It'll be nice to have a show that's designed for the afterschool crowd and has regular old teen disputes, plus teen 'judges' with 'Jersey attitude' (never a bad thing to have on TV). Should be a good one.

 

Ring Nation...really?!?! MGM is doing five days a week out of this?! We already get enough viral home cam video from local news, RightThisMinute and innumerable magazine shows. Is someone really going to watch 22 minutes of mainly black-and-white nightvision footage of crimes, car accidents and FedEx drivers slipping on ice, and marriage proposals (!?) that basically comes down to 'Amazon Presents: Stretching the terms of service for your doorbell camera to absurd extremes and not paying your users for use of footage'? They're competing with YouTube channels with doorbell footage; never a good sign. And makes me glad I use Nest and Wyze instead.

 

Also...Divorce Court continues to never die, with Star Jones taking the bench after a two-year run with Faith Jenkins. I expect her run on the show, like everything involving The View, to be completely drama free and she'll never appear in the tabloids regarding backstage drama. 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

Ring Nation...really?!?! MGM is doing five days a week out of this?! We already get enough viral home cam video from local news, RightThisMinute and innumerable magazine shows. Is someone really going to watch 22 minutes of mainly black-and-white nightvision footage of crimes, car accidents and FedEx drivers slipping on ice, and marriage proposals (!?) that basically comes down to 'Amazon Presents: Stretching the terms of service for your doorbell camera to absurd extremes and not paying your users for use of footage'? They're competing with YouTube channels with doorbell footage; never a good sign. And makes me glad I use Nest and Wyze instead.

 

It never says it's a strip ... did it? The concept screams weekend filler.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I liked Judge Lynn Toler when she was on Divorce Court, but 3 judges in 3 years doesn't seem like a good sign. Plus, I'm surprised it's still on. I liked the show during the late 2000's and early 2010's compared to the last few seasons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, KS-IL-IA said:

It never says it's a strip ... did it? The concept screams weekend filler.

As the 'inventor' of the Ring doorbell is a completely known promotionalist (it was a Shark Tank project) to the point of exhaustion, I can believe he only sold it to MGM as a daily strip. The guy goes to extremes to market it, including free devices to homes that install it and let the police know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

I liked Judge Lynn Toler when she was on Divorce Court, but 3 judges in 3 years doesn't seem like a good sign. Plus, I'm surprised it's still on. I liked the show during the late 2000's and early 2010's compared to the last few seasons. 

Jenkins was very good but she probably was just filler until a "name" was available like Star Jones.

 

Look how many hosts Family Feud burned through between Richard Dawson and Steve Harvey.  The show finally found stability again with Harvey and flourished, the same could happen to Divorce Court with Star Jones.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

As the 'inventor' of the Ring doorbell is a completely known promotionalist (it was a Shark Tank project) to the point of exhaustion, I can believe he only sold it to MGM as a daily strip. The guy goes to extremes to market it, including free devices to homes that install it and let the police know.

Could very well be. I can't predict what the public will go for any more.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/29/2021 at 1:15 PM, phillynewslover said:

Some NBC O&O's are replacing Access Daily with syndicated Dateline reruns (branded in promos as "Dateline in Daytime") starting January 3. I know WCAU and WTVJ are.

 

WNBC and WVIT have stuck with Access Daily.

On 12/31/2021 at 9:31 PM, KS-IL-IA said:

Besides Atlanta, what stations with Dr. Oz are not picking up Good Dish?

 

In Hartford, WFSB CBS 3 carried Oz (don't remember what they replaced it with). Good Dish is going to WCTX My 59 (sister of WTNH ABC 8).

 

WNYW is putting it in the Oz slot, but the series premiere will be pre-empted in the NYC market due to an afternoon college basketball game on FOX. Unlike most other syndies on the duopoly, there is no second run being carried on WNYW or WWOR for now.

 

Wheel and Ellen are the only daily syndies that still only offer strictly one run/airing, right? And I guess Access Daily if you can count that, since it seems to be going the way of All Access.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

In Hartford, WFSB CBS 3 carried Oz (don't remember what they replaced it with). Good Dish is going to WCTX My 59 (sister of WTNH ABC 8).

 

Oz moved to WCTX this past September, an upgrade considering that WFSB had pushed Oz to overnights post-Corden for 2020-21 after Sony gave them the okay to do so.

Edited by scrabbleship
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[quote] but the series premiere will be pre-empted in the NYC market due to an afternoon college basketball game on FOX [/quote]
 

Charlotte too, it will premiere on WJZY at 1am Monday night. It will settle into its regular time slot Tuesday afternoon at 1, replacing TMZ Live. Oz was most recently on WMYT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

[quote] but the series premiere will be pre-empted in the NYC market due to an afternoon college basketball game on FOX [/quote]
 

Charlotte too, it will premiere on WJZY at 1am Monday night. It will settle into its regular time slot Tuesday afternoon at 1, replacing TMZ Live. Oz was most recently on WMYT.

And KRIV, too. It will instead air at 8 a.m. local time on sister station KTXH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tomorrow is Martin Luther King Day, so Fox has started a new tradition of HBCU college basketball games on this day, which is definitely laudable. So it's a nationwide pre-emption.

 

Gus Johnson was going to call tomorrow's Notre Dame/Howard game, but Tim Brando mentioned on today's game after Philly/TB that he's ill 😢 (no mention of COVID or just something else). Howard is his alma mater (and this is actually a re-try from 2021, which saw it cancelled), so he must be gutted to not be there tomorrow.

Edited by mrschimpf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good Dish will be on at 3PM on WoodTV replacing Dr. Oz,

WXMI Fox17 flipped L&O SVU from 12:30AM to 1AM Modern Family is now a full hour from 12AM to 1AM, Chi Fire Sat 6PM if there is no College Basketball they didn't air Chi Fire during College Football season on the weekends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Star Jones will be taking over Divorce Court from Judge Faith Jenkins. Star has a big personality so she may do well on this program. Judge Faith was nice but her marital advice felt generalized and common sense. Judge Lynn Toler, who was more powerful and personable in that role, was the best. I wish Judge Mayblean Ephraim my favorite, could make a return to the program.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2022/tv/news/star-jones-divorce-court-judge-1235150919-1235150919/amp/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.