2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

17 minutes ago, Superdude said:

Have Jeopardy ratings declined notably  since trebek?  That could be the reason, a weakened Jeopardy as opposed to Wheel?

As far as I’ve seen, not really. The extraordinary amount of long winning streaks has driven a lot of interest back to the show. Although ratings have been noticeably better for Ken Jennings than Magic Bialik, the show itself is doing just fine. To paraphrase Alex from his memoir, anyone can host the show and people will still watch it (except for people who think they can trot out Alex’s head Futurama-style).

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/arts/jeopardy-savors-a-run-of-super-champions-after-host-stumbles

https://www.showbiz411.com/2022/06/21/ratings-jeopardy-post-ken-jennings-falls-below-5-mil-for-first-time-in-months-dropped-8-last-week

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Superdude said:

PBRTV suggests that the Jeopardy/Wheel switch may be a CBS thing, for uniformity nationwide.

https://www.pbrtv.com/wpxi-flipping-game-shows-july-4/

6 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

I would agree with that.

Well if that’s the case there are a bunch of stations that need to switch them, such as WCNC. They have probably been airing them in the wrong order for 26 years. I bet they would have aired Jeopardy earlier in the day during the Olympics.

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Sad 1

On 6/23/2022 at 2:02 AM, sanewsguy said:

This was sent to me, but FOX8 in Greensboro, NC is replacing "The Real" with self-syndicated "The Lee and Hayley Show" (originates from WTVQ in Lexington) on July 5th. The timeslot currently was being filled with a second helping of "Judge Judy". As much as I like Judge Judy, two hours is overkill. Good on FOX8 to pick them up.

Would love to see more stations pick up Lee and Hayley with all of the other talk shows being canceled or realigned this season (I would suggest KCWX in San Antonio pick them up but they don't exactly make it easy for viewers to get in touch with them).

Anyone who knows me knows I am a major fan of this show and it doesn't get enough love because this show is just amazing.

Is this their first non-morris station that they are on? 

8 hours ago, LexTVandRadio said:

Is this their first non-morris station that they are on? 

Gray's WBKO in Bowling Green, KY airs Lee and Hayley on their Fox 13.2 subchannel at 11am.

Edited by froyo49

On 6/24/2022 at 8:41 PM, WheelWarrior said:

WPXI in Pittsburgh will be swapping Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune starting July 4. Wheel will now be at 7:00 and Jeopardy! at 7:30, matching Youngstown neighbor WKBN (but not WTOV Steubenville which still does J! at 7:00).

It remains to be seen how they will handle 7:30 pre-emptions. I imagine there will be a lot more outcry when The Olympic Zone pre-empts Jeopardy! than when it would happen to Wheel. In that situation, Wheel would move to PCNC during Olympics. The Saturday runs of Wheel also get pre-empted during NFL season for The Jerome Bettis Show, so that will presumably apply to J! next season, unless they act like WTWO Terre Haute and swap the two shows on Saturdays only, or do what WTHR Indianapolis does (as they claim CBS Media Ventures contractually forces them to do even on Saturdays) and move J! to 7:00 and bump Wheel.

Wonder why they're doing this. Could it be so that people who get both WPXI and WTOV will get two chances to watch their preferred game show, or watch them both in their preferred order?

from Rob Owens Q and A.

Q: I have seen some other markets do this and I never thought that WPXI-TV would do so: Is there a particular reason why “Jeopardy!” and “Wheel of Fortune” are changing time slots at 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.? Is it because of ratings or any other reason?

– Aaron, Mt. Pleasant

Rob: I started hearing from viewers about this last week and started asking Channel 11 executives about the change. The station sent out a release on June 27 saying the change was made to better align these programs with how they are broadcast throughout the rest of the country.

It’s true that in many markets, “Wheel” airs before “Jeopardy!” and there’s a good reason for WPXI to make that change in its own self-interest: “Jeopardy!” gets higher ratings than “Wheel” on Channel 11 and by moving “Jeopardy!” to 7:30, the goal is surely to try to drive a larger audience to WPXI’s prime-time NBC programming.

Beginning July 4, “Wheel” will air at 7 p.m. and “Jeopardy!” at 7:30 p.m. on WPXI.

https://triblive.com/aande/movies-tv/tv-qa-why-are-jeopardy-and-wheel-of-fortune-switching-time-slots/ @Superdude

https://www.adweek.com/tvspy/knbc-adding-news-to-replace-ellen-airing-network-newscast-at-330/242334/

KNBC replacing Ellen with 3pm news and NBC Nightly News live from the East.

I can imagine they might not be the only NBC O&O with a Fox O&O in the market to add a 3pm news since the Fox O&O’s are adding Jennifer Hudson.

• Like 1

I’m hearing reports that after only one season airing in off-net syndication, Schitt’s Creek is being pulled from the syndication market so that more focus can be put into streaming, where the majority of people are watching it anyway.

2 hours ago, ActionTV27 said:

I’m hearing reports that after only one season airing in off-net syndication, Schitt’s Creek is being pulled from the syndication market so that more focus can be put into streaming, where the majority of people are watching it anyway.

2 seasons, it started in September 2020, yeah I read that a while back. WMYT cut back to one run this year (at 10:30pm) to make room for their run of Young Sheldon at 10pm. No telling what they will replace it with. American Housewife really only needs one run on the weekdays since ABC foolishly cancelled it after only 103 episodes. That would be a good fit for that spot.

Edited by Nelson R.

2 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

2 seasons, it started in September 2020, yeah I read that a while back. WMYT cut back to one run this year (at 10:30pm) to make room for their run of Young Sheldon at 10pm. No telling what they will replace it with. American Housewife really only needs one run on the weekdays since ABC foolishly cancelled it after only 103 episodes. That would be a good fit for that spot.

WKBD has always had one airing of Schitt's Creek at 2:30 AM late weeknights, which is more proof of how little faith was put into the show's syndie run.

Schitt's Creek only had one airing as well on CW7 at 12AM weeknights I only saw promos a few times for the show. I knew that it's run was ending when I read that the Fox stations didn't renew it's agreement with the show for syndie. I hope that The Liquidator is cleared this year in the West Michigan TV market not saying that will replace Schitt's Creek maybe Family Guy gets a full hour just will find in mid to late Sep.

Jennifer Hudson coming to WCCB September 12. That was the first fall promo I had seen on TV so that’s the first show I heard about for Charlotte other than Bahakel’s Your Day With Anna Kooiman which is also obviously going to WCCB. 

On 7/4/2022 at 10:23 PM, Nelson R. said:

RIP Wendy Williams’ YouTube channel 

Honestly, I’m not even sure how it lasted as long as it did on the NBC affiliate in West Palm Beach, WPTV, since 2014. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 1:51 PM, groupwfan said:

Just like their O&O cousin waaayyyy up on I-95, WPVI…

On 6/28/2022 at 12:12 AM, Kenneth Kissel said:

I would agree with that.

https://www.tvinsider.com/1041362/jeopardy-wheel-of-fortune-airs-first-schedule/amp/
Interesting read on which airs first and where. 

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, AdamTheJ said:

Honestly, I’m not even sure how it lasted as long as it did on the NBC affiliate in West Palm Beach, WPTV, since 2014. 

WJZY never picked it up from WSOC/WAXN after being bought by Fox. Guess there was a reason.

So wonder what gets 1:30? Pictionary? YBYL? Guessing this will only be on WAGA. Interesting that it will be streamed on Fox Soul. 

This likely means that they didn’t get Jennifer Hudson, unless it is in late night, since they currently have Wendy at 11am. That time slot will presumably be going to Sheri.

Edited by Nelson R.

On 7/8/2022 at 5:33 PM, iron_lion said:

what was the sense of that? literally erasing years of daytime television? Wendy's hot topic videos used to get a lot of hits.

I can understand deleting the website (you can't get tickets to a non-existent show) and Twitter/Instagram (that's so ephemeral), but the YouTube simply is probably Wendy having control of that content and refusing to allow DM/Lionsgate to retain the channel at all (same as when Letterman had his CBS-managed channel removed when the show ended and then started a WWP-managed channel), which would be justified.

Sherri also probably didn't want to keep the content of her guest host run up because she's already dealing with a big enough minefield with everyone as it is and prefers a full fresh start, and that includes the social accounts; unlike other cases such as Circa's subscribers becoming National Desk subscribers and being like 'oh yeah, Circa's gone...guess I'll stick around for this, same thing', you do not want to have those Wendy-era followers who don't like the show now sticking around to hate-watch you and just "Where's Wendy you suck"-ing every post.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1