2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

On 6/18/2022 at 1:33 PM, AdamTheJ said:

Speaking of Test runs, I have a question. If an American version of the UK hit game show Pointless were considered for syndication, and it was an hour long, just like its British counterpart, but with commercials, would you watch it? Or would you rather watch coverage of a mass shooting instead? And please be honest. If I worked in television,  I would pitch Pointless for the CBS owned stations. What day you?

I love Pointless! I'd watch it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Idk what Pointless is but I can already tell you KPXJ would try to pair it with Family Feud if it happened. And then you have KCWX that would want it in San Antonio. 

WAXN suddenly has the room with the cancellations of The Doctors, Right This Minute and Judge Jerry.

On 6/20/2022 at 1:20 PM, Nelson R. said:

WAXN suddenly has the room with the cancellations of The Doctors, Right This Minute and Judge Jerry.

I’ll be honest, I completely forgot about “The Doctors”. Does anyone know if there was correlation between the pandemic and viewership? 

This was sent to me, but FOX8 in Greensboro, NC is replacing "The Real" with self-syndicated "The Lee and Hayley Show" (originates from WTVQ in Lexington) on July 5th. The timeslot currently was being filled with a second helping of "Judge Judy". As much as I like Judge Judy, two hours is overkill. Good on FOX8 to pick them up.

Would love to see more stations pick up Lee and Hayley with all of the other talk shows being canceled or realigned this season (I would suggest KCWX in San Antonio pick them up but they don't exactly make it easy for viewers to get in touch with them).

Anyone who knows me knows I am a major fan of this show and it doesn't get enough love because this show is just amazing.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sanewsguy said:

The timeslot currently was being filled with a second helping of "Judge Judy".

Actually it was filled by “The Real”. “Lee and Haley” will air at 1pm. The Real will move to 12:30am replacing one of their runs of Access Hollywood and Right This Minute.

It would be nice to see WJZY replace The Good Dish with this (same company) though only smaller markets seem to be picking it up for some reason.

Edited by Nelson R.

Starting next week (6/27/2022), WDAF-TV, Ch. 4 in Kansas City, MO, will debut a 4PM newscast.

Current weekday daytime schedule:

2PM Judge Judy (x2)

3PM Family Feud (x2)

4PM Jeopardy! (x2)

Current late night schedule:

2AM Family Feud (x2)

Weekday daytime schedule starting 6/27/2022:

2PM Judge Judy

2:30PM Family Feud (x2)

3:30PM Jeopardy!

4PM Fox 4 News at 4PM

Weekday late night schedule starting 6/28/2022:

2AM Jeopardy!

2:30AM Family Feud

Edited by Route66Fan
  • Like 1

WDAF really can't decide what to do with Jeopardy!, can they? 😅 That's its second time slot change in less than a year, and the first time it won't be aired in a double run.

At least it still has the privilege of rarely being pre-empted by FOX sporting events, unlike its sister show. Even with TNF leaving FOX, there is still the World Series whose pregame show will pre-empt Wheel on all game days (and the game will push back its late night time slot further since FOX still thinks postseason MLB can be done within three hours), and it's also possible WDAF may bid for local broadcast rights to Chiefs TNF games (I don't believe they have ever aired MNF games; those typically air on KMBC).

Edited by WheelWarrior
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, plzstandby said:

KMBC schedule change for September 

10am The View

11am GMA3

12pm KMBC News at noon 

also Kelly is moving to Ellen’s old spot at 3pm

GMA3 moves to 11am and the news starts at noon on Monday.

28 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

GMA3 moves to 11am and the news starts at noon on Monday.

Which means KMBC is one of the few Central Time stations to carry it live with the East Coast. I wonder if there will be more changes like this, because I know a few stations that would be better off airing it at 11 (cough*WBAY*cough).

21 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

Which means KMBC is one of the few Central Time stations to carry it live with the East Coast. I wonder if there will be more changes like this, because I know a few stations that would be better off airing it at 11 (cough*WBAY*cough).

Actually the East Coast time is 1pm ET/noon CT (All My Children’s old time slot) so they may be airing it a day late.

Edited by Nelson R.

11 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Actually the East Coast time is 1pm ET/noon CT (All My Children’s old time slot) so they may be airing it a day late.

GMA3 actually have an Noon ET/11am CT feed.

Sister station KETV Omaha, and another ABC affil WBRZ Baton Rouge carry the earlier feed.

Edited by CircleSeven

5 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Sister station KETV Omaha, and another ABC affil WBRZ Baton Rouge carry the earlier feed.

I didn’t know that. I don’t know if ABC ever did that with All My Children or The Chew. Surprised more CT affiliates don’t take this feed.

Edited by Nelson R.

2 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

I didn’t know that. I don’t know if ABC ever did that with All My Children or The Chew. Surprised more CT affiliates don’t take this feed.

All My Children/The Chew never had an earlier feed prior to GMA Day/GMA3. Those shows had to be aired on a 23 hour delay.

8 hours ago, plzstandby said:

KMBC schedule change for September 

10am The View

11am GMA3

12pm KMBC News at noon 

also Kelly is moving to Ellen’s old spot at 3pm

This will be the first time, that I can remember, that KMBC-TV has aired The View at 10AM. I wonder if the 12PM Noon news on KCWE-TV was a test run & what will happen to it.

Edited by Route66Fan
To add stuff.

WPXI in Pittsburgh will be swapping Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune starting July 4. Wheel will now be at 7:00 and Jeopardy! at 7:30, matching Youngstown neighbor WKBN (but not WTOV Steubenville which still does J! at 7:00).

It remains to be seen how they will handle 7:30 pre-emptions. I imagine there will be a lot more outcry when The Olympic Zone pre-empts Jeopardy! than when it would happen to Wheel. In that situation, Wheel would move to PCNC during Olympics. The Saturday runs of Wheel also get pre-empted during NFL season for The Jerome Bettis Show, so that will presumably apply to J! next season, unless they act like WTWO Terre Haute and swap the two shows on Saturdays only, or do what WTHR Indianapolis does (as they claim CBS Media Ventures contractually forces them to do even on Saturdays) and move J! to 7:00 and bump Wheel.

Wonder why they're doing this. Could it be so that people who get both WPXI and WTOV will get two chances to watch their preferred game show, or watch them both in their preferred order?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

WPXI in Pittsburgh will be swapping Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune starting July 4.

WBTV did this in 1988. Jeopardy moved to 5:30 and Wheel to 5. Only to lose both of them to WSOC two years later so really it ended up being pointless. Jeopardy moved to WCNC in 1991 I believe and Wheel moved to WCNC in 1993. I still think it was a mistake for WBTV to let them get away in 1990, but they were still airing PM Magazine at 7:30 for a few more years, and Wheel might’ve been preempted anyway for The Dom Capers Show (the first Panthers head coach) had they still had the rights to Wheel from 1995 to 1998.

Edited by Nelson R.

On 6/23/2022 at 2:02 AM, sanewsguy said:

This was sent to me, but FOX8 in Greensboro, NC is replacing "The Real" with self-syndicated "The Lee and Hayley Show" (originates from WTVQ in Lexington) on July 5th. The timeslot currently was being filled with a second helping of "Judge Judy". As much as I like Judge Judy, two hours is overkill. Good on FOX8 to pick them up.

Would love to see more stations pick up Lee and Hayley with all of the other talk shows being canceled or realigned this season (I would suggest KCWX in San Antonio pick them up but they don't exactly make it easy for viewers to get in touch with them).

Anyone who knows me knows I am a major fan of this show and it doesn't get enough love because this show is just amazing.

After watching that interview, I see why you loved them. You got a nice studio! Our place is a dump.

On 6/23/2022 at 6:26 PM, CircleSeven said:

GMA3 has two feeds? Wow. No wonder why I'm seeing more ABC affiliates on the Central time zone either moving or adding news at 12 Noon now.

On 2/22/2022 at 12:48 PM, GoldenShine9 said:
22 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Would love to see more stations pick up Lee and Hayley with all of the other talk shows being canceled or realigned this season

WHNS would be a good fit.

Edited by Nelson R.

6 hours ago, WheelWarrior said:

WPXI in Pittsburgh will be swapping Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune starting July 4. Wheel will now be at 7:00 and Jeopardy! at 7:30, matching Youngstown neighbor WKBN (but not WTOV Steubenville which still does J! at 7:00).

It remains to be seen how they will handle 7:30 pre-emptions. I imagine there will be a lot more outcry when The Olympic Zone pre-empts Jeopardy! than when it would happen to Wheel. In that situation, Wheel would move to PCNC during Olympics. The Saturday runs of Wheel also get pre-empted during NFL season for The Jerome Bettis Show, so that will presumably apply to J! next season, unless they act like WTWO Terre Haute and swap the two shows on Saturdays only, or do what WTHR Indianapolis does (as they claim CBS Media Ventures contractually forces them to do even on Saturdays) and move J! to 7:00 and bump Wheel.

Wonder why they're doing this. Could it be so that people who get both WPXI and WTOV will get two chances to watch their preferred game show, or watch them both in their preferred order?

Or WPXI could give them up entirely and it would move to KDKA-TV (CBS Media Venues corporate cousin) KDKA-TV would have to give up their 7:30 Newscast and move it to WPCW. 

I always thought it was weird that Wheel, Jeopardy, and Judge Judy were on WPXI when Pittsburgh has a CBS O&O station that could easily air them as well. 

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Or WPXI could give them up entirely and it would move to KDKA-TV (CBS Media Venues corporate cousin) KDKA-TV would have to give up their 7:30 Newscast and move it to WPCW. 

I always thought it was weird that Wheel, Jeopardy, and Judge Judy were on WPXI when Pittsburgh has a CBS O&O station that could easily air them as well. 

...and Inside Edotion and Entertainment Tonight on WTAE.

I wonder if Jeopardy having two rotating hosts instead of one is a factor in the decision.  WPXI had the pair that way for decades.

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Superdude said:

I wonder if Jeopardy having two rotating hosts instead of one is a factor in the decision.

The only people who care about the host issue are the Karens on Facebook who don't realize Trebek can't be brought back from the dead. Jeopardy generally gets higher ratings than Wheel- Using it as a stronger lead-in for NBC Primetime.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1