2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

1 hour ago, Yankees4life said:

The kids gotta get their fill of...the Goldbergs and Young Sheldon before they head to school 🤣😂🤦‍♂️

That would make sense except that most elementary schools start at 8. Now some might start at 8:30 so they might get to catch some Bev bombs or Murray tell Adam or Barry they are a moron. 😂 If they were trying to reach that audience they should air it at 6 and 6:30 😂

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Haha 4

I just happened to think, Mike and Molly might be leaving broadcast syndication. It currently airs on WBNX at 10 and 10:30 but it is not on their fall schedule. It could be moving to another station in Cleveland but more likely it is leaving syndication. 

• Like 2

https://www.wjhl.com/programming-changes-coming-to-wjhl-abc-tri-cities/

Big changes coming July 4 to both WJHL’s ABC and CBS channels.

Dr. Phil moves from 10am on WJHL ABC Tri-Cities to 9am and from 4pm to 3pm on WJHL CBS Tri-Cities. 

The 9am news on WJHL ABC moves to 10am and Let’s Make a Deal moves from 3pm to 10am on WJHL CBS. Daytime Tri-Cities moves from 10am to 9am on WJHL CBS.

WJHL CBS starts a full 4pm news that day that replaces Dr. Phil. Daytime Tri-Cities replaces The Good Dish which presumably will no longer air in the Tri-Cities. It’s getting cancelled anyway.

Edited by Nelson R.

23 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

I just happened to think, Mike and Molly might be leaving broadcast syndication. It currently airs on WBNX at 10 and 10:30 but it is not on their fall schedule. It could be moving to another station in Cleveland but more likely it is leaving syndication. 

It is. It's not coming back and neither is 2 Broke Girls. 

Just now, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

It is. It's not coming back and neither is 2 Broke Girls. 

Both had a good run. Ironically they will be basically replaced by American Housewife and the Neighborhood (maybe not on the same stations) but Katy Mixon was on Mike and Molly and then went to American Housewife (for a lead role) and Beth Behrs was on 2 Broke Girls and then went to The Neighborhood. I think WCCB could end up with both shows because they have both M&M and 2BG.

Right This Minute has been cancelled after an 11 year run. 

From @TheRolyPolyon Discord

So this may have been missed, but *Right This Minute* has been officially canceled. No article will come out about this but Nick Calderone, one of the show's hosts, did.

While responding to a viewer as to why reruns are being shown everyday as its getting old...

*Sorry to tell you that RTM has not been renewed for another season. That’s why you can’t see it on the computer. The show will be in reruns until September and then off the air for good. It was a wonderful 11 year run and I’m super proud of our show and so thankful for all our fans. Thanks for watching.* -Nick Calderone, one of RTM's five hosts.

This means WAXN will have a third hour to fill in daytime for sure. They were already losing The Doctors and Judge Jerry. Now RTM. WSOC also loses Daily Mail TV and RTM. I am not even sure the duopoly will have Sheri Shepherd. This would be the perfect year to extend Eyewitness News Morning into the 9am  hour and/or finally start that 4pm newscast.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Right This Minute has been cancelled after an 11 year run. 

From @TheRolyPolyon Discord

So this may have been missed, but *Right This Minute* has been officially canceled. No article will come out about this but Nick Calderone, one of the show's hosts, did.

While responding to a viewer as to why reruns are being shown everyday as its getting old...

*Sorry to tell you that RTM has not been renewed for another season. That’s why you can’t see it on the computer. The show will be in reruns until September and then off the air for good. It was a wonderful 11 year run and I’m super proud of our show and so thankful for all our fans. Thanks for watching.* -Nick Calderone, one of RTM's five hosts.

This means WAXN will have a third hour to fill in daytime for sure. They were already losing The Doctors and Judge Jerry. Now RTM. WSOC also loses Daily Mail TV and RTM. I am not even sure the duopoly will have Sheri Shepherd. This would be the perfect year to extend Eyewitness News Morning into the 9am  hour and/or finally start that 4pm newscast.

Its about time. I remember when WPXI tried to air it at 1 PM. AHHHHHHH. It was a ratings bust from day 1.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Its about time. I remember when WPXI tried to air it at 1 PM. AHHHHHHH. It was a ratings bust from day 1.

Apparently it did better than Kelly Clarkson which they banished to 3am where it still airs.

Edited by Superdude
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, Superdude said:

Apparently it did better than Kelly Clarkson which they banished to 3am where it still airs.

Right This Minute was currently airing on PCNC. 

Edited by Nelson R.

I'll give RTM this; when every talk show was a bomb right out of the gate in the mid-10s, it helped Disney figure out what to do with 3pm after FABLife laid a rotten egg before they could sign Tamron; it's saved many a timeslot, and for many stations, it kept the lights on where a newscast couldn't or a court show/advertorial would look low-rent.

But it was always a transitional program between bringing viral videos to a wide audience before they most viewers just knew where to seek them online without the handholding, making it superfluous.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

I'll give RTM this; when every talk show was a bomb right out of the gate in the mid-10s, it helped Disney figure out what to do with 3pm after FABLife laid a rotten egg before they could sign Tamron; it's saved many a timeslot, and for many stations, it kept the lights on where a newscast couldn't or a court show/advertorial would look low-rent.

But it was always a transitional program between bringing viral videos to a wide audience before they most viewers just knew where to seek them online without the handholding, making it superfluous.

I watched this show, on a somewhat regular basis, during the first 5 seasons. The TV station that I watched it on was KMCI-TV, Ch. 38 in Kansas City, MO. For the first 4, or so, years, the had it on between 7-8PM.

• Like 2

Yes I remember Right This Minute being paired with America Now on Raycom stations in 2011. When I was living in Biloxi, WLOX went big on America Now when it first launched and then added Right This Minute when they launched their CBS subchannel in 2012. I wasn’t a fan, I thought it was ridiculous to watch a bunch of people sitting at a table critiquing YouTube videos. 

• Like 3

Surprisngly no appearence from Wendy Williams on her final show, not even a recorded message. 

Will all thse shows going away I wonder how much longer daytime dramas can hang on for, especially with Y&R and GH celebrating their 50th and 60th anniversaries repsecitively in 2023 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, iron_lion said:

Surprisngly no appearence from Wendy Williams on her final show, not even a recorded message. 

Will all thse shows going away I wonder how much longer daytime dramas can hang on for, especially with Y&R and GH celebrating their 50th and 60th anniversaries repsecitively in 2023 

To be fair. How many stations are going to become 24 hour news channels at this point?  Most syndicated shows have been a snore at this point.

7 hours ago, iron_lion said:

6 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

To be fair. How many stations are going to become 24 hour news channels at this point?  Most syndicated shows have been a snore at this point.

If Y&R and B&B  are cancelled and CBS gives the time to the affiliates, WBTV might basically be one. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Summer test run alert.

Speaking of Test runs, I have a question. If an American version of the UK hit game show Pointless were considered for syndication, and it was an hour long, just like its British counterpart, but with commercials, would you watch it? Or would you rather watch coverage of a mass shooting instead? And please be honest. If I worked in television,  I would pitch Pointless for the CBS owned stations. What day you?

12 minutes ago, ATLNewsExpert said:

Already seems to be a show distended to be aired on a MyTv affiliate at 3am and we'll call it a day

Or at 1:30am before their overnight infomercial block 

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Haha 3

I didn't know that Mike & Molly & 2 Broke Girls are ending their runs come Sep both air at WXSP they may get American Housewife or WOTV and move The Goldbergs to WXSP what they did with Blackish this past fall. The Neighborhood goes to CW7 in my opinion I could be wrong just got to wait and see the promos. Mike & Molly & 2 Broke Girls were on CW7 for the first few years before WXSP picked Mike & Molly up in June of 2019 & 2 Broke Girls in June 2020.

I didn't see Right This Minute getting canceled the first couple of years wasn't on in West Michigan WXMI Fox17 picked up RTM for weekend only in winter 2014 then was on in the afternoons in fall 2014 2PM to 3PM then moved to the late night hours in 2015, then moved to Media General/Nexstar was on WOTV at 1:30AM in fall of 2016 was moved in Jan 2017 to WXSP to 5PM only aired RTM 30-minutes only didn't air the second half or the weekend either in it's 4 year run largely in the morning hours at 11AM in fall 2017 and 10:30AM from 2018-20. Before it moved back to Fox17 largely because Scripps owned the station and had a stake in the show otherwise would've stayed on WXSP in my opinion. 

I think Jennifer Hudson may get the 1PM to 2PM timeslot I said 2PM to 3PM now that RTM is ending in Sep I think it gets 1PM. And as I said before Jennifer Hudson was going to Fox17 that they'll double run Dateline as I said when Daily Mail TV got canceled. As for 24/7 news I don't see it happening in the West Michigan market as there isn't enough happening unlike the bigger cities Detroit, Chi, NYC, LA etc. 4PM newscast is about as close as it will get which Fox17 already airs 4PM newscast all to themselves which that ends come this fall as I believe Wood TV will debut a 4PM newscast closer to Sep is when Wood will say it in my opinion.  

Edited by Megatron81