2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

11 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

with many of the June episodes listed as new (probably guest hosts

That’s what I noticed on WCCB on Zap2it

On 5/16/2022 at 1:31 AM, Megatron81 said:

As I believe that Nexstar is taking American Housewife WOTV or WXSP.

In the article last year it also mentioned Bahakel and Cox. So it could go to WMYT, WCCB or WAXN in Charlotte but I think it’s most likely going to WCCB.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2022 at 3:52 PM, WheelWarrior said:

Ellen is now listed at 2 PM, with many of the June episodes listed as new (probably guest hosts or the proposed "compliation" eps)

Judging by the descriptions on these listings, it looks like today's episode is the final episode hosted by Ellen herself, but not the actual series finale. Next week (barring Monday, a repeat) will have various guest hosts still under the Ellen moniker, with Friday June 3 being the last episode with any new material. Starting June 6 are compilation episodes of "Ellen's favorite guests".

• Like 2

On 5/24/2022 at 12:52 PM, WheelWarrior said:

According to Xfinity listings, it looks like Kelly and Ellen are simply swapping time slots on WNBC and WVIT starting June 8. Ellen is now listed at 2 PM, with many of the June episodes listed as new (probably guest hosts or the proposed "compliation" eps), and Kelly will move to 3 PM as we knew already.

According to IndieWire, they're also swapping early in Chicago, Dallas, Miami, Philadelphia and San Diego.

IndieWire | After ‘Ellen,’ a Noisy Fight to Crown the New Daytime Talk Show Darling

Included in that was a bit about the rough showing Jennifer Hudson had at upfronts last week.

Clarkson isn’t the only competitor, of course; she won’t even be the only “American Idol” alumnus. Jennifer Hudson, who placed seventh on the same singing competition in 2004, is launching her own talk show — and we were treated to a live, on-stage preview of it last week during the Warner Bros. Discovery upfront at Madison Square Garden.

“Treated” may be the wrong word. J. Hud struggled, including a teleprompter tussle when introducing HGTV and Magnolia mega-stars Chip and Joanna Gaines. The nascent host did her best to cover up awkward moments by hitting impromptu high notes, but even Jennifer Hudson can only sing so much. She also had a few moments of charm, but beyond her rendition of “Respect,” we’re not so sure Hudson earned the r-e-s-p-e-c-t of the advertising community.

It probably didn’t help that Hudson opened her hosting foray by declaring “I am the future.” She did not take care, TCB.

I don't have real high expectations for her show, but I hope that was just a case of nerves in that format, otherwise that doesn't bode well.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, roundtown said:

According to IndieWire, they're also swapping early in Chicago, Dallas, Miami, Philadelphia and San Diego.

IndieWire | After ‘Ellen,’ a Noisy Fight to Crown the New Daytime Talk Show Darling

Included in that was a bit about the rough showing Jennifer Hudson had at upfronts last week.

I don't have real high expectations for her show, but I hope that was just a case of nerves in that format, otherwise that doesn't bode well.

49 minutes ago, phillynewslover said:

WCAU is also swapping Ellen and Kelly on June 6.

WCCB already put Kelly Clarkson in her time slot in September when they acquired her from WJZY/WMYT. Clearly they signed a long-term deal with Clarkson.

Would have been nice to see Katz TV Group offer a Fall 2022 preview by now. Not only to see what the cash/barter splits for the new syndies are going to look like, but also even the cheap barter filler for the weekends as well. Not to mention what off-net syndicated shows are new for the year, and whether or not two particular NBC "Must See TV" zombies get their 8th, 9th or even 10th runs...

Edited by SS8609

3 minutes ago, SS8609 said:

Would have been nice to see Katz TV Group offer a Fall 2022 preview by now. Not only to see what the cash/barter splits for the new syndies are going to look like, but also even the cheap barter filler for the weekends as well. Not to mention what off-net syndicated shows are new for the year, and whether or not two particular NBC "Must See TV" zombies get their 8th, 9th or even 10th runs...

We know American Housewife and The Neighborhood are the off-net sitcoms. Who is the launch group for The Neighborhood? I forgot it was up for syndication until I saw the WBNX schedule. There was never an article. The CBS secondary O&O’s are American Housewife’s. Nexstar? Fox O&O’s have Pictionary. 

I saw from a few sources that Good Doctor will apparently be going into off-net next season. It was previously slated to roll out this season but nobody ever cleared it. I'm willing to bet that the ABC O&O's will use it as a replacement for Castle, which WABC and WPVI both run late Saturday nights.

6 hours ago, WheelWarrior said:

I saw from a few sources that Good Doctor will apparently be going into off-net next season. It was previously slated to roll out this season but nobody ever cleared it. I'm willing to bet that the ABC O&O's will use it as a replacement for Castle, which WABC and WPVI both run late Saturday nights.

The Good Doctor will essentially be the ABC O&O equivalent of whatever CMV sells to CBS O&Os on the weekends, except there’s only one serial and ABC Studios would be well-advised to offer something other than Wipeout for the other two hours it offers. Fox or the non-B3 Nexstar stations more or less get NBC’s serial repeats + Dateline (as well as American Ninja Warrior) because of Saturday Night Live.

Read on the other board that WYFF is picking up Jennifer Hudson. Likely at 2pm. Not a surprise with them being a Hearst station. They still have another hole with The Good Dish getting cancelled. Wonder if they will finally clear the fourth hour of Today. Doubtful. I also have noticed (slightly off topic) that NBC has quietly started a late night show called “Top Story With Tom Llamas”. When did that premeire? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

I also have noticed (slightly off topic) that NBC has quietly started a late night show called “Top Story With Tom Llamas”. When did that premeire? 

Top Story is a show on NBC News Now which airs at 7pm. It premiered September 20, 2021. According to Tom Llamas Wikipedia page (feel free to take with a grain of salt), the overnight repeat started March 28.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nelson R. said:

Read on the other board that WYFF is picking up Jennifer Hudson. Likely at 2pm. Not a surprise with them being a Hearst station. They still have another hole with The Good Dish getting cancelled. Wonder if they will finally clear the fourth hour of Today. Doubtful. I also have noticed (slightly off topic) that NBC has quietly started a late night show called “Top Story With Tom Llamas”. When did that premeire? 

“Top Story” repeats took the place of overnight reruns of “Today with Hoda and Jenna” that NBC was offering stations. Not every station was carrying the “Today” reruns, but many were. Some stations aren’t running “Top Story” either, including KPRC in Houston, which airs a 2nd run of “Dr. Phil” instead. (The first run airs at 1p.) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, H-Town TV Fan said:

KRIV Fox 26 in Houston is one of the stations airing "The Jennifer Hudson Show" this fall. That according to a commercial I recently saw.

Yeah apparently promos are already out. That poster on the other board saw it on WYFF. Not a surprise those stations are getting that show. KRIV is a Fox O&O and WYFF is Hearst.

I saw a promo for Jennifer Hudson on WXMI FOX17 many times no time given I'm guessing 2PM replacing Daily Mail TV come the fall. I really wonder what Wood TV will be airing at 3PM come the fall replacing Dr. Oz/The Good Dish combination, Fox17 will not be the only one to have a 4PM news come fall Wood TV will start a 4PM newscast I have been saying that many times on this form sorry for beating a dead horse.