2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

On 4/19/2022 at 11:53 AM, KS-IL-IA said:

KCTV in Kansas City still has "People Now" listed at 6:30 for May 2. A likely candidate would be "Inside Edition," since KCTV only carries it at 12:35a and sister station KSMO has it only at 1a.

I stand corrected. KCTV will have a 60-minute newscast when People ends. The late night spot is filled by Business First, which usually has an early-morning run.

The KSMO schedule still lists People.

Flint WNEM .2: airing Recipe.TV at 7:30AM,

Access Hollywood 7:30PM moves from 6PM,

Main channel WNEM is going to repeat the 11PM news at 1:30AM.

ROH ended last weekend CW7 is airing Bull at 10:30PM Sat & WWMT is airing The National Desk week in review at 11:30PM Sat. Sinclair being cheap with WWMT in that timeslot.

Wake Up Atlanta will be on WPCH from 6-9 starting May 9. Yep, 6-7 will still be on WGCL.

Other morning changes: 

4:30am King of Queens 

5am Funny You Should Ask

5:30am Atlanta Eats (shortened to 30 minutes)

9am Rachael Ray

On 4/22/2022 at 8:45 PM, Nelson R. said:

https://www.nexttv.com/news/dateline-to-return-for-sixth-season-in-syndication

Interesting that it has been picked up on some NBC O&O’s including New York and Chicago.

I guess this occupies the other daytime slot for some NBC O&Os (remember, Kelly slides into Ellen's slot for those said stations this fall) + leaving from FOX/MNT duops with another vacant slot dilemma.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

I knew Steve Wilkos was going to be renewed for a season 16.

Pictionary cleared in 90% of the country Sinclair, Nexstar, TEGNA ETC.

I think WJZY/WMYT will probably take Pictionary. Probably another hour long game show block in the daytime on one of the stations. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CLETVFan said:

WBNX has already released its Fall 2022 lineup.  New additions include Jennifer Hudson's talk show, Pictionary, The Neighborhood and Chicago PD among others.

https://www.wbnx.com/fall-schedule

I didn’t realize The Neighborhood was entering syndication this year. So they didn’t pick up American Housewife. And it looks like The Goldbergs will still be in syndication this coming year. According to the Katz Media spreadsheet the first cycle was set to expire this year. I had seen a graphic last year from TDog media on Twitter  that it had been renewed for 3 more years by Nexstar stations but I am not sure if that was official. 

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CLETVFan said:

WBNX has already released its Fall 2022 lineup.  New additions include Jennifer Hudson's talk show, Pictionary, The Neighborhood and Chicago PD among others.

https://www.wbnx.com/fall-schedule

Seeing the WBNX schedule is like Christmas morning! Neither I nor Google have heard of "iCrime with Elizabeth Vargas" -- anyone know anything?

• Like 1

I know KPXJ got both Jennifer Hudson and Sherri Shepherd. KMSS got Pictionary and The Neighborhood but idk what time slots they're airing in.

If I were 21, I'd air Hudson at 2pm just like WBNX and have Shepherd lead into her.  I don't know who got Karamo Brown, however. 

4 minutes ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Seeing the WBNX schedule is like Christmas morning! Neither I nor Google have heard of "iCrime with Elizabeth Vargas" -- anyone know anything?

Me either. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KS-IL-IA said:

I know Elizabeth hosted the revival of AMW for a very short time last year, but that appears to have ended. Perhaps this new show is about computer crime?

On 5/10/2022 at 11:58 AM, KS-IL-IA said:

A very odd spin-off of iCarly dealing with her true crime reporting cousin? 😂

Actually, no, I'm not finding anything about it online. This is a total mystery of a show, and it's not associated with Fox First Run. The only thing I can think is former Bellum Entertainment staffers got together a new company and sold a new show, because outside Dateline and before Bellum's collapse (we're not counting True Crime Daily), they were the last to try a daily crime strip.

37 minutes ago, CLETVFan said:

He’s probably headed to WCCB in Charlotte. With Maury and Jerry staying on in reruns, I don’t know if they will have room for both Jennifer Hudson and Drew Barrymore next year. 

I don't think this has been shared here yet. The next season of HOT BENCH will see two new judges joining Michael Corriero in the fall.

That's because Tanya Acker and Patricia DiMango have decamped for an upcoming Freevee court show produced by Judy Sheindlin and company. TRIBUNAL will pair the HB alums with Sheindlin's son Adam Levy, and see Byrd returning as bailiff.

https://deadline.com/2022/04/judy-sheindlin-panel-court-show-tribunal-amazon-freevee-judge-judy-bailiff-petri-hawkins-byrd-patricia-dimango-tanya-acker-ordered-1235011842/

• Like 1

I also didn't know that The Neighborhood was going to be in syndication as I didn't see an article about it. I'm guessing that it will be on CW7 as I doubt that WXMI Fox17 as they haven't put any sitcoms since Modern Family was cleared in syndication. As I believe that Nexstar is taking American Housewife WOTV or WXSP.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Xfinity listings, it looks like Kelly and Ellen are simply swapping time slots on WNBC and WVIT starting June 8. Ellen is now listed at 2 PM, with many of the June episodes listed as new (probably guest hosts or the proposed "compliation" eps), and Kelly will move to 3 PM as we knew already.

Edited by WheelWarrior