2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

12 hours ago, panewswatcher69 said:

What are the ratings for Live with Kelly and Ryan?  Over the past month, noticed Live has been airing promos on various cable networks.  With the promos, have ratings fallen compared to what they have been in the past?

Most recent ratings:

TALK SHOWS

Live with Kelly and Ryan (Disney-ABC) 1.6 NC

Dr. Phil (CMV) 1.5 +7%

Ellen DeGeneres (WBDTD) 0.9 +13%

Wendy Williams (Debmar-Mercury) 0.8 +14%

The Kelly Clarkson Show (NBCU) 0.8 NC

Maury (NBCU) 0.7 NC

Rachael Ray (CMV) 0.7 NC

Steve Wilkos (NBCU) 0.6 NC

Tamron Hall (Disney-ABC) 0.6 NC

Drew Barrymore (CMV) 0.5 NC

The Good Dish (Sony) 0.4 NC

Nick Cannon (CMV) 0.4 NC

Jerry Springer (NBCU) 0.3 NC

The Real (WBDTD) 0.3 NC

The Doctors (CMV) 0.2 NC

9 minutes ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Most recent ratings:

TALK SHOWS

Live with Kelly and Ryan (Disney-ABC) 1.6 NC

Dr. Phil (CMV) 1.5 +7%

Ellen DeGeneres (WBDTD) 0.9 +13%

Wendy Williams (Debmar-Mercury) 0.8 +14%

The Kelly Clarkson Show (NBCU) 0.8 NC

Maury (NBCU) 0.7 NC

Rachael Ray (CMV) 0.7 NC

Steve Wilkos (NBCU) 0.6 NC

Tamron Hall (Disney-ABC) 0.6 NC

Drew Barrymore (CMV) 0.5 NC

The Good Dish (Sony) 0.4 NC

Nick Cannon (CMV) 0.4 NC

Jerry Springer (NBCU) 0.3 NC

The Real (WBDTD) 0.3 NC

The Doctors (CMV) 0.2 NC

Can’t believe The Real hasn’t officially been canned yet.

13 hours ago, panewswatcher69 said:

What are the ratings for Live with Kelly and Ryan?  Over the past month, noticed Live has been airing promos on various cable networks.  With the promos, have ratings fallen compared to what they have been in the past?

Are you watching a lot of FX/FXX or the Nat Geo networks? I feel like since they've come under the Disney umbrella, the synergistic ads have been on in full force (including for corporate sibling Live)

I never remembered a time where so many "longtime" syndie show get the blade like this. 

But Fox is going to have to reshuffle the deck. They're losing alot of shows. I know they're getting Jennifer Hudson & Sherri Shephard. Maybe move Divorce Court from the MyNet side to the Fox side since Star Jones will be the new host. But it would be asinine to fill those empty slots [on the Fox side] for another run of TMZ & Extra.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I never remembered a time where so many "longtime" syndie show get the blade like this. 

But Fox is going to have to reshuffle the deck. They're losing alot of shows. I know they're getting Jennifer Hudson & Sherri Shephard. Maybe move Divorce Court from the MyNet side to the Fox side since Star Jones will be the new host. But it would be asinine to fill those empty slots [on the Fox side] for another run of TMZ & Extra.

With Fox launching a hip-hop focused TMZ pilot run this week think we'll be only seeing more TMZ extensions. I eventually think we'll be seeing the original TMZ extend to an hour or a Drew-esque split format since the Live show already easily fills an hour on the Fox stations (if not for required breaks and downtime I'm sure Fox's stations would be eager to go 4am-7pm with all-news).

On 4/8/2022 at 12:15 PM, PhillyWatch said:

Are you watching a lot of FX/FXX or the Nat Geo networks? I feel like since they've come under the Disney umbrella, the synergistic ads have been on in full force (including for corporate sibling Live)

Yes, it is National Geographic Wild - paging "The Incredible Dr. Pol".  Before the Live promos, American Idol promos ran.  I didn't connect the two Disney+ and National Geographic Wild.  Thank you.

I think TMZ Hip-Hop will go national in fall 2023-24 if the test run does well. I haven't also seen so many shows getting cancelled in syndication it always seems just 2 or 3 shows leave, I wonder if Celebrity Page will now go back to M-F strip as Meredith owned the show I think it had to do because of People TV being M-F why Celebrity Page was moved to the weekend?

NYC has one airing of TMZ Hip-Hop on WWOR (Not WNYW) weeknights at 11 PM, temporarily replacing the "E" run of Family Feud. This was also the secondary slot used for the Pictionary test run.

Not sure why they couldn't just sacrifice one of the three daily airings of the half-hour regular TMZ on WNYW (6:30p, 4:00a, 2:00p next day).

Edited by WheelWarrior
  • Like 2

WHNS replaces both the 7:30 and 11:30 airings of “People” with “Big Bang Theory.” beginning May 2.

They will not be expanding the “Six O’Clock News” to an hour. Instead “Big Bang Theory remains at 6:30. 

“Tamron Hall” replaces BBT and Sheldon at 3.

A double run of Young Sheldon will be airing at midnight and “Extra” gets pushed back to 2am followed by another run of “Ag Day”. Young Sheldon remains at 7 so apparently they get three Young Sheldons. Maybe the extra YS is a placeholder until they do expand the Six O’Clock news and they move the 6:30 BBT to 12:30.

WGCL replaces the 7pm “People” with a newscast and WPCH replaces it at 10:30 with “Friends.”

Haven’t looked up the other ex-Meredith markets.

Edited by Nelson R.

1 hour ago, Nelson R. said:

WHNS replaces both the 7:30 and 11:30 airings of “People” with “Big Bang Theory.” beginning May 2.

They will not be expanding the “Six O’Clock News” to an hour. Instead “Big Bang Theory remains at 6:30. 

“Tamron Hall” replaces BBT and Sheldon at 3.

A double run of Young Sheldon will be airing at midnight and “Extra” gets pushed back to 2am followed by another run of “Ag Day”. Young Sheldon remains at 7 so apparently they get three Young Sheldons. Maybe the extra YS is a placeholder until they do expand the Six O’Clock news and they move the 6:30 BBT to 12:30.

WGCL replaces the 7pm “People” with a newscast and WPCH replaces it at 10:30 with “Friends.”

Haven’t looked up the other ex-Meredith markets.

WSHM still lists People for the time being (on Titan TV, at least), but WFSB will be starting a 7 pm newscast.

Gray in general has been rather gung-ho about replacing syndicated programming with news and other local programming. Just look at WBTV in Charlotte. Of course, regulars of this site are probably all too familiar with this trend so it's probably like saying the sky is blue, but I thought it was relevant to point out, since it means less room for syndie programming going forward.

Edited by Adam MadMan

Just now, Adam MadMan said:

WSHM still lists People for the time being (on Titan TV, at least), but WFSB will be starting a 7 pm newscast.

TV Passport says WSMV in Nashville is expanding their noon news to an hour but People is still listed at 12:35am.

54 minutes ago, Adam MadMan said:

TV Passport has WSHM airing DailyMailTV at 7:30, a case of obvious filler as that has been axed too.

WFSB doesn't need more newscasts. They need a B anchor team to replace the one that became the A team by default. I know Gray can be cheap but this has persisted for way too long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, KS-IL-IA said:

KCTV in Kansas City still has "People Now" listed at 6:30 for May 2. A likely candidate would be "Inside Edition," since KCTV only carries it at 12:35a and sister station KSMO has it only at 1a.

Oh, glad to see that the former Meredith stations have gone from their clunky, hard-to-use listings service to Titan.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2022 at 3:14 PM, CircleSeven said:

Maury's replacement Karamo, has cleared in 90% of the country.

Surprised that WJW picked up the show.  I thought WUAB would carry it.  Then again, with Dr. Oz/Good Dish, The Real and DailyMailTV all gone, they to find something that isn't another hour of news to fill it with.

1 hour ago, CLETVFan said:

Surprised that WJW picked up the show.  I thought WUAB would carry it.  Then again, with Dr. Oz/Good Dish, The Real and DailyMailTV all gone, they to find something that isn't another hour of news to fill it with.

Does WUAB carry Maury?