2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

2 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

WJZ is launching a 9am newscast March 7th. Maury moves to WUTB at 2pm.

Or WBFF-DT2 since they moved the MyNet channel to a sub position (though it would be funny if they did actually move to the TBD TV wasteland it now is).

RIP to one of Maury's last stands on the Big Three. 

3 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

WJZ is launching a 9am newscast March 7th. Maury moves to WUTB at 2pm.

Another sign he's about to hang it up in original episodes? If thats the case, they'll pull a Judge Judy and keep the slots going with reruns!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hmaxhanson said:

Another sign he's about to hang it up in original episodes? If thats the case, they'll pull a Judge Judy and keep the slots going with reruns!

NBC apparently has a replacement in development with Karamo Brown, who has guest hosted on a few eps recently. I remember reading that somewhere. Will update this post if/when I find the link.

Edited by ColtFromGulfcoast

On 2/28/2022 at 9:14 PM, hmaxhanson said:

That is great. You never, ever want Maury on a big 3 network ever. You will get pre-empted by news reports, plus MYNet, Fox, CW, have time to run 2+ episodes a day. 

• Like 3

On 3/1/2022 at 11:35 PM, techteacher50 said:

That is great. You never, ever want Maury on a big 3 network ever. You will get pre-empted by news reports, plus MYNet, Fox, CW, have time to run 2+ episodes a day. 

Observed this a few posts back that the big three networks seem steer away from shows like Maury. I suppose they see shows like Steve Wilkos or Maury as "too trashy" per say?

Then again shows that arent that extreme like The Real, Wendy or Dicvoce Court typically dont get played on stations outside of Fox, MNT or the CW. I haven't come across big name talks shows like Ellen or Oprah on the latter three network stations but "Judge Judy" and "The People's Court" seem to play in either the big or lesser three.

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Kelly Clarkson is already on WPXI so that isn't an option. 

Yeah I know, but they air it in the graveyard slot of 3am, so I was hoping maybe WTAE would pick it up and move it to 3pm. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, tjt24 said:

Yeah I know, but they air it in the graveyard slot of 3am, so I was hoping maybe WTAE would pick it up and move it to 3pm. 

I doubt it. Rob Owen from TribLIVE told me that WPXI already continued the contract for Kelly Clarkson for 2 more years so it won't move to WTAE. 

• Like 2

I could see Jennifer Hudson replacing Ellen on WCCB. Or Wendy on WSOC/WAXN. Whichever station doesn’t get Jennifer will probably get Sherri Shepherd but we’ll see. Maybe Nick Cannon moves to WAXN or WJZY/WMYT, don’t see WCCB keeping it since they bumped it to 1am.

7 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

I doubt it. Rob Owen from TribLIVE told me that WPXI already continued the contract for Kelly Clarkson for 2 more years so it won't move to WTAE. 

That's stupid. Maybe since Wendy Williams got cancelled, they can move it to 11am. That would be the smart thing to do. 

• Like 4

Some changes CW7 is putting The National Desk weekend edition Sun at 10:30PM moving Last Man Standing to late Sun/early Mon 12:30AM To 1:30AM Seal Team is only on WWMT.

As for Jennifer Hudson talker I see Nexstar: WOODTV maybe could take over Ellen's timeslot at 4PM if they don't go with a newscast at 4PM or sister station WOTV, TEGNA: WZZM, Scripps: WXMI FOX17 those are the 3 TV stations I can see in West Michigan I don't see Sinclair picking it up.

1 hour ago, Superdude said:

WPXI either doesn't  like KC or it performed poorly at 1pm.  I could see Ch 11 picking up Sherri Shepherd  as that will be spiritual successor to WW.

Then why did WPXI resign KC for 2 years last September? I can see KC being the successor to WW more then Sherri.  Sherri could be a replacement for Judge Judy at 3 PM.

5 hours ago, ColtFromGulfcoast said:

Then why even launch it???

To fulfill contractual obligations after Dr. Oz was pulled due to his running for office in Pennsylvania.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1