2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

17 hours ago, SS8609 said:

(Jeopardy! is on KTRK at 11 a.m., still rather inappropriate considering how much more ad revenues and viewers they would get at 4:30 p.m. or even 6 p.m. with Wheel of Fortune moved over from KHOU, with their 6 p.m. news moved over to KIAH which will never happen in part because it wins its timeslot and nostalgia from the good ol' days of Marvin Zindler & Co.)

11:30, actually. Last Thursday's episode was mostly pre-empted by Biden, but the first and last couple minutes managed to be seen.

That's the benefit/drawback of J! being able to air in daytime. Typically, the only pre-emptions are for breaking news. You'll hardly ever see J! in Central Time being bumped for sports (PGA last week being an exception), random infomercial airings, or specials on the local food bank.

Even KTRK is so unwilling to sacrifice the 6:30-7:00 portion of their news that whenever they have to carry the O&O Localish specials that pre-empt Wheel on the other seven O&O's, they air them at 3:30, their latest pre-primetime, non-news slot, pre-empting Inside Edition. I'm also pretty sure they did not air the WNT rebroadcasts that pre-empted Wheel on the O&O's during March and April 2020 when COVID first peaked. KABC and KGO did not air them the second week probably due to too many complaints from Wheel fans, but did air them the first week.

KTRK airs Jeopardy! at 11:30, and Inside Edition at 3:30. I haven't a clue why they couldn't expand the 11 to an hour, end the news at 3, and adopt the WLS 3pm schedule, putting the 2 syndies back-to-back. Feels less confusing, and more streamlined.

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, 24994J said:

KTRK airs Jeopardy! at 11:30, and Inside Edition at 3:30. I haven't a clue why they couldn't expand the 11 to an hour, end the news at 3, and adopt the WLS 3pm schedule, putting the 2 syndies back-to-back. Feels less confusing, and more streamlined.

Agreed. Even swapping them would be better. And doesn’t KTRK have a separate team that anchors the 3pm?

9 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

Agreed. Even swapping them would be better. And doesn’t KTRK have a separate team that anchors the 3pm?

I don't even know, anymore, after the exits of Carson, Rascon (I didn't realize their names were the same letters 😂), and Ward...if he was even still around when the 3 debuted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Wheel is doing a special week this week where each episode salutes a different city, which they've done before, but this time, they are also doing tie-ins with those cities' affiliates. Anchors from the affiliates introduce each episode this week. Monday had Bill Ritter and Sade Baderinwa of WABC ABC 7 New York, Tuesday will have Dagmar Midcap and Sheena Parveen of KNSD NBC 39/7 San Diego (two days before the show gets pre-empted for over two weeks), and Wednesday will have Mary Bubala and Patrice Sanders of WBFF FOX 45 Baltimore. The other anchors haven't been announced yet, but Thursday's will be from KTVT CBS 11 Dallas, and Friday's from WXIX FOX 19 Cincinnati. All of these intros are intact on all airings and aren't exclusive to that affiliate. Here is Monday's intro with Bill and Sade of WABC.

https://clips.clippit.tv/wwgmqe/720.mp4

• Like 2

We may be seeing a lot more of Sherri Shepherd on The Wendy Williams Show. In fact, if all goes well, we may be seeing her return to the talk game (after her stint on The View) with her own show.

https://deadline.com/2022/02/wendy-williams-show-sherri-shepherd-permanent-host-1234928941/

Edited by Action Newsroom

1 hour ago, Action Newsroom said:

We may be seeing a lot more of Sherri Shepherd on The Wendy Williams Show. In fact, if all goes well, we may be seeing her return to the talk game (after her stint on The View) with her own show.

https://deadline.com/2022/02/wendy-williams-show-sherri-shepherd-permanent-host-1234928941/

I wonder what will happen with her role on 'Dish Nation'?

17 hours ago, kshow said:

I wonder what will happen with her role on 'Dish Nation'?

I can’t believe Dish Nation hasn’t been cancelled. How is it still airing at 7 on WAGA? I thought YBYL would’ve taken that time slot in the fall. 

5 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

I can’t believe Dish Nation hasn’t been cancelled. How is it still airing at 7 on WAGA? I thought YBYL would’ve taken that time slot in the fall. 

Rickey Smiley is based in Atlanta, thus they feel it's good for the timeslot. And for all that's said, it's very cheap (a few robo-cams with a Tricaster-like setup) and requires little time in the edit bay, fills a half-hour, and branding it as gossip makes it easier on the lawyers. Sometimes, that's all that's needed for a show to survive Fallout-style immaterial.

Edited by mrschimpf
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

Rickey Smiley is based in Atlanta, thus they feel it's good for the timeslot. And for all that's said, it's very cheap (a few robo-cams with a Tricaster-like setup) and requires little time in the edit bay, fills a half-hour, and branding it as gossip makes it easier on the lawyers. Sometimes, that's all that's needed for a show to survive Fallout-style immaterial.

As soon as I asked the question I figured there had to be an Atlanta connection 

The same Buzzfeed writer who exposed Ellen's issues is now after Dr. Phil in a new expose.

Color me surprised that the unlicensed egomaniac that forced primetime specials and two fictional retellings of his origin story onto CBS runs an ego-centric talk show full of abuse against lower staff and guests, including the withholding of medication. But really, everything found out here is unacceptable.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

The same Buzzfeed writer who exposed Ellen's issues is now after Dr. Phil in a new expose.

Color me surprised that the unlicensed egomaniac that forced primetime specials and two fictional retellings of his origin story onto CBS runs an ego-centric talk show full of abuse against lower staff and guests, including the withholding of medication. But really, everything found out here is unacceptable.

I thought this was pretty common knowledge long before this story came out. I guess the show stays on due to the relatively high ratings it still gets. I only watch on occasion as some of the stories are interesting at times. 

6 hours ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

I thought this was pretty common knowledge long before this story came out. I guess the show stays on due to the relatively high ratings it still gets. I only watch on occasion as some of the stories are interesting at times. 

Sounds like Dr. Phil will fall in line with the rest of the ViacomCBS troublemakers of the last several years which includes  Dan Schneider, Les Moonves, Charlie Rose, Peter Dunn, and David Friend. Get in Line Phil McGraw. 

56 minutes ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Sounds like Dr. Phil will fall in line with the rest of the ViacomCBS troublemakers of the last several years which includes  Dan Schneider, Les Moonves, Charlie Rose, Peter Dunn, and David Friend. Get in Line Phil McGraw. 

Wonder if WSOC would finally pull the trigger on that 4pm newscast?

• Like 2

Just noticed that WCCB has bumped Nick Cannon to 1am! They have moved Mom and Mike and Molly reruns back to 6 and 6:30pm. 

Old:

6pm Nick Cannon

11:30 Mike and Molly

Midnight Mom

12:30 Two Broke Girls

1am Kelly Clarkson repeat

New

6pm Mom

6:30 Mike and Molly

11:30 Two Broke Girls

Midnight Kelly Clarkson repeat

1am Nick Cannon

Evidently Nick totally bombed at 6pm in Charlotte. Any other markets demote him? This can’t bode well for its future. At least on WCCB.

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CLETVFan said:

Here's a look for the recent ratings for the current syndicated season.

https://www.nexttv.com/news/syndication-ratings-jeopardy-dips-without-amy-schneider-but-still-leads

How sad is it that Jerry Springer and Judge Judy are beating multiple shows currently in production?!? 

• Sad 1

Only noticed it today, but WLNY no longer carries encores of Drew Barrymore at 8 PM. They've replaced that slot with Law & Order SVU, but the show's website still lists WLNY's airings.

WWJ in Detroit also replaced its Drew encores at 3 AM with The Doctors.

Edited by WheelWarrior

15 hours ago, phillynewslover said:

As much as I enjoyed the show, Willims had mutiple personal crisis since her statue of liberty faint in 2017 which lead to multple guest hosting stints. The producers probably had enough. 

Really looking at it, Williams had an Oprah effect in that Sherri Shepard's upcomming and Nick Cannon's current show are spinnofs of hers.The Breakfast Club's Charlemagne tha God gained noteriety as her radio sidekick. and I'm sure Jerry O'Connell's seat on The Talk stems from the his capabilities displayed while hosting Wendy and his spinoff test run talk show.