2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

On 1/4/2022 at 3:37 PM, CLETVFan said:

Here's the website for The Good Dish with a page on where the show will be seen on:

https://www.gooddishtv.com/how-to-watch

The Oklahoma City listing is also incorrect. KOCO has announced that it will launch an 11:00 a.m. newscast as a replacement for Dr. Oz on January 17, instead of putting The Good Dish in that hour. Since they already air a replay of Dr. Oz at 12:07 a.m. (which replaced an overnight replay of The Kelly Clarkson Show in September), they’re likely gonna put The Good Dish in that slot.

Edited by T.L. Hughes
  • Like 1

With NATPE in Miami cancelled in-person, announcements are starting to come out about next year. First up, MGM, with one great idea and one which makes you question why creatives exist when suits just find the lowest common denominator;

Teen Court...yes, a very good idea as it seems that adults forget that their kids have to suffer through court shows that seem to be taking on more adult issues as time goes on. It'll be nice to have a show that's designed for the afterschool crowd and has regular old teen disputes, plus teen 'judges' with 'Jersey attitude' (never a bad thing to have on TV). Should be a good one.

Ring Nation...really?!?! MGM is doing five days a week out of this?! We already get enough viral home cam video from local news, RightThisMinute and innumerable magazine shows. Is someone really going to watch 22 minutes of mainly black-and-white nightvision footage of crimes, car accidents and FedEx drivers slipping on ice, and marriage proposals (!?) that basically comes down to 'Amazon Presents: Stretching the terms of service for your doorbell camera to absurd extremes and not paying your users for use of footage'? They're competing with YouTube channels with doorbell footage; never a good sign. And makes me glad I use Nest and Wyze instead.

Also...Divorce Court continues to never die, with Star Jones taking the bench after a two-year run with Faith Jenkins. I expect her run on the show, like everything involving The View, to be completely drama free and she'll never appear in the tabloids regarding backstage drama. 😉

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

Ring Nation...really?!?! MGM is doing five days a week out of this?! We already get enough viral home cam video from local news, RightThisMinute and innumerable magazine shows. Is someone really going to watch 22 minutes of mainly black-and-white nightvision footage of crimes, car accidents and FedEx drivers slipping on ice, and marriage proposals (!?) that basically comes down to 'Amazon Presents: Stretching the terms of service for your doorbell camera to absurd extremes and not paying your users for use of footage'? They're competing with YouTube channels with doorbell footage; never a good sign. And makes me glad I use Nest and Wyze instead.

It never says it's a strip ... did it? The concept screams weekend filler.

5 hours ago, KS-IL-IA said:

It never says it's a strip ... did it? The concept screams weekend filler.

As the 'inventor' of the Ring doorbell is a completely known promotionalist (it was a Shark Tank project) to the point of exhaustion, I can believe he only sold it to MGM as a daily strip. The guy goes to extremes to market it, including free devices to homes that install it and let the police know.

18 hours ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

I liked Judge Lynn Toler when she was on Divorce Court, but 3 judges in 3 years doesn't seem like a good sign. Plus, I'm surprised it's still on. I liked the show during the late 2000's and early 2010's compared to the last few seasons. 

Jenkins was very good but she probably was just filler until a "name" was available like Star Jones.

Look how many hosts Family Feud burned through between Richard Dawson and Steve Harvey.  The show finally found stability again with Harvey and flourished, the same could happen to Divorce Court with Star Jones.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

As the 'inventor' of the Ring doorbell is a completely known promotionalist (it was a Shark Tank project) to the point of exhaustion, I can believe he only sold it to MGM as a daily strip. The guy goes to extremes to market it, including free devices to homes that install it and let the police know.

Could very well be. I can't predict what the public will go for any more.

On 12/29/2021 at 1:15 PM, phillynewslover said:

Some NBC O&O's are replacing Access Daily with syndicated Dateline reruns (branded in promos as "Dateline in Daytime") starting January 3. I know WCAU and WTVJ are.

WNBC and WVIT have stuck with Access Daily.

On 12/31/2021 at 9:31 PM, KS-IL-IA said:

Besides Atlanta, what stations with Dr. Oz are not picking up Good Dish?

In Hartford, WFSB CBS 3 carried Oz (don't remember what they replaced it with). Good Dish is going to WCTX My 59 (sister of WTNH ABC 8).

WNYW is putting it in the Oz slot, but the series premiere will be pre-empted in the NYC market due to an afternoon college basketball game on FOX. Unlike most other syndies on the duopoly, there is no second run being carried on WNYW or WWOR for now.

Wheel and Ellen are the only daily syndies that still only offer strictly one run/airing, right? And I guess Access Daily if you can count that, since it seems to be going the way of All Access.

17 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

In Hartford, WFSB CBS 3 carried Oz (don't remember what they replaced it with). Good Dish is going to WCTX My 59 (sister of WTNH ABC 8).

Oz moved to WCTX this past September, an upgrade considering that WFSB had pushed Oz to overnights post-Corden for 2020-21 after Sony gave them the okay to do so.

Edited by scrabbleship
  • Like 1

[quote] but the series premiere will be pre-empted in the NYC market due to an afternoon college basketball game on FOX [/quote]

Charlotte too, it will premiere on WJZY at 1am Monday night. It will settle into its regular time slot Tuesday afternoon at 1, replacing TMZ Live. Oz was most recently on WMYT.

2 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

[quote] but the series premiere will be pre-empted in the NYC market due to an afternoon college basketball game on FOX [/quote]

Charlotte too, it will premiere on WJZY at 1am Monday night. It will settle into its regular time slot Tuesday afternoon at 1, replacing TMZ Live. Oz was most recently on WMYT.

And KRIV, too. It will instead air at 8 a.m. local time on sister station KTXH.

Tomorrow is Martin Luther King Day, so Fox has started a new tradition of HBCU college basketball games on this day, which is definitely laudable. So it's a nationwide pre-emption.

Gus Johnson was going to call tomorrow's Notre Dame/Howard game, but Tim Brando mentioned on today's game after Philly/TB that he's ill 😢 (no mention of COVID or just something else). Howard is his alma mater (and this is actually a re-try from 2021, which saw it cancelled), so he must be gutted to not be there tomorrow.

Edited by mrschimpf

Good Dish will be on at 3PM on WoodTV replacing Dr. Oz,

WXMI Fox17 flipped L&O SVU from 12:30AM to 1AM Modern Family is now a full hour from 12AM to 1AM, Chi Fire Sat 6PM if there is no College Basketball they didn't air Chi Fire during College Football season on the weekends.

Star Jones will be taking over Divorce Court from Judge Faith Jenkins. Star has a big personality so she may do well on this program. Judge Faith was nice but her marital advice felt generalized and common sense. Judge Lynn Toler, who was more powerful and personable in that role, was the best. I wish Judge Mayblean Ephraim my favorite, could make a return to the program.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2022/tv/news/star-jones-divorce-court-judge-1235150919-1235150919/amp/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WNYW has again bumped out 'The Real' in favor of another panel discussion show "The Good Dish". I wonder why they keep bringing back and getting rid of 'The Real'.

The 2 PM slot (in which they run TMZ and Extra previous day repeats) is wide open to accommodate any experimental shows, leaving 1:00 open for "The Real"....unless it's doing unfavorably in the ratings?

Edited by iron_lion

CBS has an odd non-holiday Friday golf day this afternoon with the Famer's Insurance Open from San Diego; it's the third round today rather than the second, thanks to Sunday's AFC Championship (Jim Nantz will be calling the tournament from the GEHA Field at Arrowhead pressbox in Kansas City), which means everything from 5pm-8pm ET (minus an hour each time zone) will get pre-empted. 

WDJT in Milwaukee is thus airing the J!/WoF block at 3pm (yes, WoF at 3:30pm. Someone on Twitter expressed skepticism that this will actually happen but it's scheduled so...), while this time Dr. Phil gets the 2am shove-off. Before you ask about Boston (which may not actually happen because of this year's Noreaster of the Century about to sweep in), they're both on WSBK instead at their usual time tonight.

ETA - And yes, it did air at 3:30 on WDJT.

Edited by mrschimpf

5 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

WDJT in Milwaukee is thus airing the J!/WoF block at 3pm (yes, WoF at 3:30pm. Someone on Twitter expressed skepticism that this will actually happen but it's scheduled so...), while this time Dr. Phil gets the 2am shove-off. Before you ask about Boston (which may not actually happen because of this year's Noreaster of the Century about to sweep in), they're both on WSBK instead at their usual time tonight.

That someone was me. 😆

We avoided posting it on the WOF fan group's pre-emption schedule because the last time we did that on Thanksgiving with a few scheduled afternoon Wheel airings, all of them got pulled, and we decided not to mention the specific affiliates anymore in case CBSMV is in fact catching wind of these airings by watching the fan group's info like a hawk (basically I'm doing their job for them...). This time, I didn't mention WDJT, and lo and behold, it properly aired. This is only the first same-day daytime airing of Wheel this season that happened; the earliest airing before this was 5:00 PM CT one day on WLUK in Green Bay to accommodate extra pregame for a Packers MNF game.

Also, WCTV in Tallahassee is using their sister station WFXU for WOF/J! for the first known time. They used to air the shows overnight.

Edited by WheelWarrior
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, lugnuts6 said:

Updates on if the following daytime syndicated talk shows have been given their "Toe Tag" For the trip to the "Cancelation morgue"

Nick Cannon

Drew Barrymore

Wendy Williams 

So you're saying they got cancelled?

• Confused 1

On 1/28/2022 at 11:04 AM, mrschimpf said:

CBS has an odd non-holiday Friday golf day this afternoon with the Famer's Insurance Open from San Diego; it's the third round today rather than the second, thanks to Sunday's AFC Championship (Jim Nantz will be calling the tournament from the GEHA Field at Arrowhead pressbox in Kansas City), which means everything from 5pm-8pm ET (minus an hour each time zone) will get pre-empted. 

And in Houston, KHOU aired their 4, 5 and 6 p.m. newscasts on their Quest station KTBU, which I'm surprised isn't even in the planning stages of becoming an indie considering the opportunities for additional newscasts of theirs + the number of shows from CMV and others that still haven't found a home in Houston after KUBE went all-shopping, all the time, and aired Wheel of Fortune at 3 a.m. early Saturday morning, which is usually filled by Peter Popoff's "pay for pray" solicitation show. (Jeopardy! is on KTRK at 11 a.m., still rather inappropriate considering how much more ad revenues and viewers they would get at 4:30 p.m. or even 6 p.m. with Wheel of Fortune moved over from KHOU, with their 6 p.m. news moved over to KIAH which will never happen in part because it wins its timeslot and nostalgia from the good ol' days of Marvin Zindler & Co.)

Edited by SS8609