2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

3 minutes ago, CLETVFan said:

How has Wendy's show been doing this season with all of the guest hosts?

Also, how are the ratings for the other shows, especially the newer offerings?

Here are the daytime/syndicated ratings for the middle of November sweeps.

https://www.nexttv.com/news/syndication-ratings-ken-jennings-return-keeps-jeopardy-in-winners-circle

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Big Rollo Smokes said:

That was a different show entirely (The Maury Povich Show), before Maury got trashy.

WNBC-TV had the early seasons of The Jerry Springer Show as well, thanks to its long-standing relationship with Multimedia (channel 4 also carried Donahue and Sally Jessy Raphael, Multimedia's two flagship talkers). In New York, both programs moved to WPIX around 1998, long after Springer went all-conflict and just as Maury was heading in that direction.

In Houston, KPRC 2 continued to air "Maury" all the way until 2004, when what was then KHWB WB 39 picked it up. I think "Jerry Springer" also moved to 39 from 2 at that same time.

4 hours ago, H-Town TV Fan said:

In Houston, KPRC 2 continued to air "Maury" all the way until 2004, when what was then KHWB WB 39 picked it up. I think "Jerry Springer" also moved to 39 from 2 at that same time.

And as far as I'm concerned, there are only four "Big Three" affiliates airing "Maury": KDNL (St. Louis, ABC), WNCF (Montgomery, ABC), WGBC-DT2 (Meridian, NBC), and the biggest surprise to me, WJZ (Baltimore, CBS).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phillynewslover said:

That article includes a quote from executive vice president of sales for CBS Media Ventures, which seems to imply the show will be airing all across the country. It also says it will air on all Fox stations but I don't know how true that is (they probably meant O&O's).

That was the test chain for Pictionary, so yup, FTS's stations will get it. Which makes each ratings period for 25 Words and You Bet Your Life on those stations important, as they're in a deadlock now, and the one ahead by February or March can start planning for a new season, while the other is done.

15 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

The Dr. Oz Show will end production on January 14 as the titular host will focus solely on his PA Senate run.

Sounds like the new show might not necessarily directly replace the old one. But I could be wrong. 

Edited by Nelson R.

On 12/9/2021 at 1:43 AM, H-Town TV Fan said:

And as far as I'm concerned, there are only four "Big Three" affiliates airing "Maury": KDNL (St. Louis, ABC), WNCF (Montgomery, ABC), WGBC-DT2 (Meridian, NBC), and the biggest surprise to me, WJZ (Baltimore, CBS).

There was a fifth, WTWC, that passed it over to its Fox subchannel in favor of Tamaron Hall just this September.

2 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Sounds like the new show might not necessarily directly replace the old one. But I could be wrong. 

That would be "The Good Dish."

Wasn't there supposed to be a fourth host on that show when it was first announced as a separate show?

I hadn't seen this until now, but E! is carrying Access Hollywood same-day at 11:30 p.m. ET (mainly since they killed their news department last year).

It's just after the West Coast goes to primetime, but for many of its stations that only have room for it after network late night or Fox stations, they can't be happy to be undermined like this. I understand cable rights for talk shows and the like late, late at night (as Bravo does for Kelly Clarkson) or time-fillers nobody cares about like Celebrity Page, but this doesn't seem like the right move for Access unless it just moves to E!.

CBS46 in Atlanta will not carry Dr. Oz's replacement from Sony, The Good Dish, opting instead for 3 p.m. local news (and Inside Edition). I wonder what kind of carriage The Good Dish will ultimately get, and how many other stations/groups might decline to pick it up.

Edited by patlovestv