2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

3 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

Wendy Williams is back on next Monday...but with guest hosts as she continues to recover.

Sadly, there gets to be a point where for her affiliates, DebMerc better just name a permanent guest host or give the time back. Guest hosts rotating in and out has only made the repeats they have age worse than most.

I wouldn't be surprised if she never returns, as she's had so many health problems over the last few years, she'd be probably there one day and not the next day.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 7:59 AM, Nelson R. said:

WJZY will be moving  up Young Sheldon and Big Bang Theory to 1 and 1:30 in TMZ Live’s spot. (Except reversing the two shows). In the past they have done the same thing with TMZ in place of YS at 2:30. (BBT at 2). Which actually sort of justifies the extra run of TMZ Live on WMYT at 3 (though WJZY could air it in late night). WJZY did air BBT at 1 despite the guide saying TMZ Live. I recorded to get YS. However instead of airing YS they joined TMZ Live in progress at 1:30! 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

WMYT ended up airing that episode of YS Sunday night at midnight. Someone must’ve seen this post. 😅

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

Wendy Williams is back on next Monday...but with guest hosts as she continues to recover.

Sadly, there gets to be a point where for her affiliates, DebMerc better just name a permanent guest host or give the time back. Guest hosts rotating in and out has only made the repeats they have age worse than most.

This could almost be like the Jeopardy! situation with guest hosts coming in and out.

I can't picture Wendy being happy about this, because if some hosts prove to be a hit, he or she could end up being a replacement for her

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 3:22 PM, CLETVFan said:

This could almost be like the Jeopardy! situation with guest hosts coming in and out.

I can't picture Wendy being happy about this, because if some hosts prove to be a hit, he or she could end up being a replacement for her

I could see Nick Cannon taking over next fall. Would be easier to plan switching stations and all that. Not so much immediately. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Glimmer said:

Warner Bros shopping new talk show with Jennifer Hudson for next fall

I could actually see some of the larger Ellen groups (NBC O&Os, Hearst, etc) going for this 

For some reason, i think NBC would develop it's own replacement. 

I think if this one goes forward, it would be on the Fox O&Os being that Telepictures and Fox do business frequently.

• Like 1

It will be interesting where Jennifer Hudson would go in West Michigan. I have a feeling that Wood TV will put a 4PM newscast just my opinion and I could be wrong on that, as what I thought WZZM would've done when Judge Judy ended they kept her. That is all I'll say on the matter. 

I wonder now that Gray will own Meredith if People On TV will get canceled since that was Meredith's baby. I'm guessing Jan is when Sony says which TV stations groups are going to air it across the country? As big show happens down in South Beach about the new shows in syndie for fall 22-23 season.

2 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

I wonder now that Gray will own Meredith if People On TV will get canceled since that was Meredith's baby. 

People on TV will be controlled by IAC's Dotdash (once they acquire Meredith's National Media assets after the spin-off). Gray won't have anything to do with the production of the show.

I check out the schedules of stations across the country (with a particular interest in independents, Fox, CW and MyNet), and have found two off-net/off-cable shows that only appear to air weekdays on one station nationwide:

• "Murdoch Mysteries," 9 p.m. weekdays on KCWX, San Antonio
  • "The Carbonaro Effect," 5 and 5:30 a.m. weekdays on KCDO, Denver

Do any other stations carry these on weekdays? I'm not a fan of either, but just interested that (perhaps) one station is airing them.

On 11/15/2021 at 3:47 AM, CircleSeven said:

People on TV will be controlled by IAC's Dotdash (once they acquire Meredith's National Media assets after the spin-off). Gray won't have anything to do with the production of the show.

I knew that Gray had nothing to do with production of the show since Meredith kept that when the merger happen I was wondering if Gray is going to get rid of the show once they take over the Meredith TV stations on Dec 1? Gray could be the launch group for People On TV/People The TV Show when it goes national in fall of 2022 season.

When did WDAF FOX 4 Kansas City change their schedule? September? Last season, they acquired Jeopardy! from KSHB (to go with Wheel) and double-ran it at 2:00 (first-run) and 2:30 PM (Daytime run). Looking at their schedule today, they now double-run it at 4:00 and 4:30 (as much of the Central Time Zone does), now with Daytime J! first and first-run J! second. They now double-run Judge Judy at 2:00. I would imagine 4:30 CT is the second or third most common time slot for J! behind 7:00 ET and possibly 7:30 ET (but with only one 6:30 CT airing to go with the latter on tiny KVHP FOX 29 Lake Charles, LA).

Maybe they were getting too many complaints from fans that they were airing it too early? I believe it had the 4:30 slot on KSHB. Of course, it still has the benefit of rarely being subject to pre-emptions compared to Wheel in the coveted MLB/TNF pregame slot. However, in the rare case it does get pre-empted, the first-run episode usually isn't made up (and the Daytime ep never is), though pre-empted Wheels almost-always air after the late news. Looking at their schedule this week, J! is completely gone between Wednesday and the weekend rerun at 3:00 AM Sunday. Wheel is not pre-empted Thursday (as long as MLS doesn't run past 6:00 CT, in which case the 6:00 news would run in full and JIP Wheel), and Friday's Wheel will air at 11 after the news.

Also, as of Saturday, all three runs of Jeopardy! will now be from the same, current season. I know that has never happened with J! before, and I imagine that's never happened for other syndies that have had at least two weekday runs and a weekend run. Still disappointed in their decision to not rerun the 2020-21 season episodes with Alex. If Daytime J! is only going to be a month or two behind the main run, let's just roll out a Daytime Wheel run instead, pretty please? 😜

Edited by WheelWarrior

36 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

When did WDAF FOX 4 Kansas City change their schedule? September? Last season, they acquired Jeopardy! from KSHB (to go with Wheel) and double-ran it at 2:00 (first-run) and 2:30 PM (Daytime run). Looking at their schedule today, they now double-run it at 4:00 and 4:30 (as much of the Central Time Zone does), now with Daytime J! first and first-run J! second. They now double-run Judge Judy at 2:00. I would imagine 4:30 CT is the second or third most common time slot for J! behind 7:00 ET and possibly 7:30 ET (but with only one 6:30 CT airing to go with the latter on tiny KVHP FOX 29 Lake Charles, LA).

Judge Judy was probably a contractual timeslot lock at 4pm when it was first-run (along with ratings justifying it) ; with it out of production, WDAF could move J! to 4pm.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WheelWarrior said:

Maybe they were getting too many complaints from fans that they were airing it too early? I believe it had the 4:30 slot on KSHB. Of course, it still has the benefit of rarely being subject to pre-emptions compared to Wheel in the coveted MLB/TNF pregame slot. However, in the rare case it does get pre-empted, the first-run episode usually isn't made up (and the Daytime ep never is), though pre-empted Wheels almost-always air after the late news. Looking at their schedule this week, J! is completely gone between Wednesday and the weekend rerun at 3:00 AM Sunday. Wheel is not pre-empted Thursday (as long as MLS doesn't run past 6:00 CT, in which case the 6:00 news would run in full and JIP Wheel), and Friday's Wheel will air at 11 after the news.

Also, as of Saturday, all three runs of Jeopardy! will now be from the same, current season. I know that has never happened with J! before, and I imagine that's never happened for other syndies that have had at least two weekday runs and a weekend run. Still disappointed in their decision to not rerun the 2020-21 season episodes with Alex. If Daytime J! is only going to be a month or two behind the main run, let's just roll out a Daytime Wheel run instead, pretty please? 😜

WDAF moved J! to the 4-5PM hour, back in, I think, September. KSHB last had J! in the 3-4PM hour.

Edited by Route66Fan
To add stuff.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:11 PM, WheelWarrior said:

During this year's March Madness, WNEM in Bay City, MI had planned to air J!/WOF at 10 and 10:30 AM in the hour vacated by Let's Make a Deal (which goes off-air on some game days). CBS Media Ventures found out about this, called them, and told them they could not air Wheel that early, so they had to air People at 10:30 instead. Doesn't make sense to me; they would rather Wheel not air at all than a few hours early?

On 8/26/2021 at 9:37 PM, phillynewslover said:

That doesn't make any sense to me; if I was a Wheel Watcher, I would definitely rather see it at 10:30a then completely miss that day's episode.

They did it again today! 😠 

When CBS has the late NFL game on Thanksgiving every other year, KHOU in Houston usually airs Wheel at 12:00 PM CT before B&B since they don't do news that day because of their parade (which pre-empts the NY parade on the network). This year, it seems CBS MV called them up last minute and went "Nope. No Wheel when the sun is up.", so they aired Daily Blast Live instead and Wheel is airing after Corden at 12:37 AM.

Also, KTAB in Abilene, TX was set to air Wheel at 2:30 CT today before NFL, but that too has been pulled and moved to post-Corden.

Is CBS MV trying to hurt Wheel's ratings on purpose? What's the harm in airing it early if it's distributed to affiliates the day before anyway? If anything, Jeopardy! should be the show that should have more uniform airings, since when long-running champs get defeated, the social media posts from the CT fans come out and then the ET/PT fans are like, "What?! So-and-so loses today? How did you see it already? Spoiler alert!"

And what if you watch it on Paramount+ if it airs on CBS where you live? There's no recording option on there, so you would have to stay up for it.

KLST in San Angelo, TX is also scheduled to air Wheel at 2:30 CT today and I bet that airing will get pulled and replaced with another syndie too (probably Inside Edition which normally airs at 3:30 but is pre-empted by NFL).

Yep, KLST showed J! early, but followed it with an infomercial instead of Wheel.

This makes no sense. Wheel is losing out on hundreds of thousands of viewers because of their strict policies. I've had some affiliate programming directors tell me that they can't makegood Wheel period but can makegood J! because of the fact that it has champions. The one at WRIC in Richmond (which airs J! at 12:30 PM the next day when pre-empted but skips Wheel) told me "The Jeopardy! owners allow us to air it at another time but the Wheel owners don't." ....They're under the same ownership. Wheel deserves so much better.

• Like 1