2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

12 hours ago, nbc4ne said:

Ā 
Kinda curious to know if the trouble involving Ellen herself is why her show moved to mornings.

Probably less that, more to allow it to actually air since 4 p.m. CT has seemed to become the place for live news conferences since local news is now in the 4 p.m. slot for many stations.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nbc4ne said:

Ā 
Kinda curious to know if the trouble involving Ellen herself is why her show moved to mornings. Also, I Still canā€™t stand the narrator since the 2020-21 seasonĀ of hot bench, Christopher Thomas. I miss Rino Romano.

I grew up in western Washington. KING 5 used the 11:00 AM slot for Ellen DeGeneres in the first several years. She didn't move to afternoons until Oprah Winfrey's show ended, as I recall. When KING launched 'Take 5' at 4PM, Ellen moved to 3PM and Dr. Phil moved from its long-time 3PM time to 2PM.

Meanwhile down here in the Yakima market, she started out on WB 100+ (on cable), then went to KNDO a couple of seasons later...and she has always been at 4:00 leading into news.

I don't bother watching it anymore since her executive producer fiasco and the pandemic, much like 98% of my TV viewing. It's been ages since I watched more than 45 minutes of TV at a time (well, other than digitizing old VHS tapes!)

• Confused 1

WXMI Fox17 Steve Wilkos will not be cleared in West Michigan TV market as Right This Minute is staying at 1PM to 2PM it was only on late night for stop-gap for L&O SVU at 12:30AM beginning late night Mon.

Ā 

CW7 Jeopardy will air at 5PM on Sep 27 moving from 10:30PM for The National Desk which will air 10:30PM to 12AM which I think 30 minutes was enough just my opinion which Family Guy at 11PM & Bob's Burger at 11:30PM was just stop-gap Family Guy will remain at 12:30AM & Bob's Burger at 1AM. Macgyver will air Sat Sep 25 at 8PM & Bull at 9PM 1 week before The CW take's Sat primetime.

Ā 

WXSP Black-ish moving from sister station WOTV a full hour at 4PM to 5PM 2 Broke Girls moves from 4PM to 5Pm with just single EP, Mike & Molly gets only a single EP at 5:30PM was on a full hour at 5PM to 6PM kinda surprised that 2 Broke Girls or Mike & Molly didn't get a second run at 2AM as that is still going to be paid programming.Ā 

Young Sheldon weekend run will be on WMYT Sunday nights at 7 and 7:30 which bump the Two and a Half Men weekend run to 6 and 6:30. On WHNS it will be on Sunday nights at midnight and 12:30. Instead of continuing where the primary run left off during the week like The Goldbergs does, it starts over with the very first two episodes that just aired Monday and Tuesday at 10pm. That means the weekend run must be on its own.Ā If that is the airing pattern then they definitely shouldā€™ve had the primary run air on WJZY weekdays at 7 and the secondary run (which starts with season 3) on WMYT weeknights at 10 but according to TV Passport itā€™s the other way around.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Nelson R.

Question for those in the industry... are syndies sent as one big file of the full episode, or is each segment its own file? A friend of mine was watching Wheel tonight and texted me asking if my airing was "messed up" like his. He said his affiliate accidentally skipped Round 3, then aired Round 4 twice in a row. If the files are individual segments, I could see that being an easy mistake to make.Ā I do know that Wheel has issued SD episode masters on DVD's for contestants who request them, and there are about two minutes of silent black screens where the commercial breaks would be.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

In Tucson Young Sheldon Well Airing On KMSB At 6pm And 6:30pm Full Hour BumpingĀ  ModernĀ Family Which Starts September 27th Which Moves To KTTU At 5pm and 5:30pm And Leno Your Bet Life Well Airing At 10:30pm and 11pm Weeknights Starts September 20th Bumping FriendsĀ And Finally Nick Cannon Well Airing At 3pm Weekdays Bumping 25 Worlds Or Less Which Moves To KTTU Weeknights At At 10pm And 10:30pm And Relative Justice Has Aired On KTTU Weekdays At 1pm And 1:30pm Highway Thru Hall Has Aired On KWBA Weekdays At 3pm S.W.AT Well Airing On Sundays At 9pm And MacGyver Remake From 2016 Well Also Airing On Saturday At 10pm Then On KGUN Both At Between 11:05pm and 12:05am on Saturdays As well And Finally Seal Team And Bull Both Airing On KTTU On Saturdays And Sundays At 8pm and 9pm Bumping NCIS And NCIS New Orleans But From KVOA And KOLD And KGUNĀ No Changes And The Liquidator Well Not Be Cleared Here In Tucson As A Result.

About a week, or more, ago, WDAF-TV in Kansas City, MO swapped the time slots of Jeopardy! & Judge Judy. Jeopardy! now airs back-to-back from 4-5PM & Judge Judy now airs back-to-back from 2-3PM. Judge Judy aired in the 4-5PM timeslot, on WDAF-TV since about 1998 (23 years)Ā Before that, Judge Judy was airing, back-to-back, from 11AM-12PM from 1997-98 & when it premiered in 1996,Ā WDAF-TV aired it in a post 11PM timeslot.

Edited by Route66Fan
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2021 at 6:51 PM, H-Town TV Fan said:

Some schedule changes in Houston, TX to talk about, according to Zap2It:

• On KTXH My 20 Vision, "Judge Judy" replaces the 2nd run of "Divorce Court" at 2:30pm on September 6th (and on the 13th, another run of "Judge Judy," moving DC to KRIV FOX 26 at 1:30am) and the two extra runs of "Family Feud" move up to 6pm and 6:30pm, shifting "Modern Family," the three runs of "The Big Bang Theory," "Schitt's Creek,"Ā "2 Broke Girls," and "The Simpsons" down an hour.
  • "You Bet Your Life" with Jay Leno will air on KRIV at 6:30pm and 11:30pm, starting Sept. 13.
  • "Relative Justice" will air on KIAH CW39 at 12 noon, also starting September 13, moving the single run of "Judge Jerry" to 5am (yes, 5am) only for now.
  • Syndicated reruns of "S.W.A.T." will air on CW39 starting September 18.

More Houston TV schedule changes:

• The amount of episodes of "Schitt's Creek" aired on KTXH each day has now been cut to 1, at 8:00pm.
  • "Bull" and "SEAL Team" replaced "NCIS" and "NCIS: New Orleans" on KHOU on the weekends on September 18.
  • "Young Sheldon" will air on KIAH CW39 at 6:00 and 6:30pm CST starting September 27, cutting "The Goldbergs" and "Last Man Standing" to one episode each, and moving "black-ish" back to it's original timeslot (when it debuted in syndication in 2018), 5:00pm. Also on CW39, the "Jerry Springer" reruns on The CW have been replaced in the 3:00pm slot by the syndicated ones, and CW39's morning newscast "No Wait Weather and Traffic" was recently expanded by a half-hour at the start (from 5:30am to 9:30am). And "MacGyver" started airing on CW39 (at 12 noon and 1:00pm) on weekends, along with "S.W.A.T." (at 4:00Ā and 5:00pm), on September 18.
  • "Nick Cannon" will air on KRIV FOX 26 at 11:00am (replacing "The Real", which will now exclusively air on KTXH) and repeat at 2:00am (replacing the "TMZ Live" repeat).

@H-Town TV FanĀ it seems something similar is happening in the NYC market. Ā Nick CannonĀ is replacing The RealĀ on WNYW Fox 5.Ā According to my program guide,Ā previous day repeats are still scheduled on WWOR MY 9. CannonĀ and Jerry O'Connel were being floatedĀ around for their own talk shows following their substitutions for Wendy Williams during her abense.

Ā 

I wonder if The Real's numbers aren't that great for affiliates to experiment with Nick Cannon's new show?

Edited by iron_lion

Today aĀ screen banner on WNYWĀ confirmed *new* episodes of The Real will be moving to 5PM on WWOR.

Ā 

No more Jerry Springer re-runs on WPIX 11,Ā the show airs exclusively on WLNY 10/55 now. That's Maury and Jerry both gone from Ch. 11.

Edited by iron_lion

11 minutes ago, iron_lion said:

Today aĀ screen banner on WNYWĀ confirmed *new* episodes of The Real will be moving to 5PM on WWOR.

Ā 

No more Jerry Springer re-runs on WPIX 11,Ā the show airs exclusively on WLNY 10/55 now. That's Maury and Jerry both gone from Ch. 11.

Well technically, Jerry is still on WPIX at 11:30am as Judge Jerry enters its 3rd season.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 1:09 PM, tjt24 said:

Updating this thread to say that it seems like KDKA has started aĀ 12:30pm newscast on sister station WPCW and streaming platform CBSN Pittsburgh. It must have started today. Now all three Pittsburgh stations have a full hour of news at Noon and at 4pm starting this afternoon.Ā 

IMG_20210913_130439.thumb.jpg.6e3e5582005d6279e7af85d70356916b.jpg

Courtesy of their social media pages.Ā 

Here is the Opening and ticker for the WPCW newscast.

WPCW.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 10:46 PM, tw-804 said:

To my home market (Richmond/Petersburg, VA)Ā we go...

Ā 

WTVR (CBS) andĀ WRIC (ABC): No change.

WWBT (NBC):Ā Well, just a little change.Ā I mentioned earlier that WWBT debuted a new 11am newscast calledĀ NBC12 News Before NoonĀ last Monday (9/6), moving TODAY with Hoda & Jenna to 10am leaving LIVE with Kelly and Ryan without a home in Richmond.

WRLH (FOX):Ā Judge Judy repeats replaceĀ The Doctors at 9am starting tomorrowĀ (Monday 9/13). Judy continues to air at 5pm, while The Doctors moveĀ to 4am.Ā You Bet Your Life with Jay LenoĀ will air at 11:30am and 11pm. The second airing of YBYL moves Daily Mail TV to 11:30pm.Ā The Steve Wilkos Show moves from 4pm to 1pm replacing Funny You Should Ask which will move to 3:30am. Wilkos continues to air at 10am. AĀ second airing of Maury will air at 4pm startingĀ tomorrowĀ untilĀ Nick CannonĀ premieresĀ on SeptemberĀ 27th in that timeslot.

WRLH-DT2 (TBD/MNT):Ā No change to the subchannel'sĀ weeknight 6-8pm syndicated lineup.

WUPV (CW): The new showĀ Relative Justice airs at 2pm starting tomorrow (Monday 9/13). The RealĀ now airs weekdaysĀ atĀ 8am.Ā Starting Monday, September 20th, Dateline will air at 9am (replacing a second airing of Divorce Court and Judge Jerry),Ā Law & Order: SVUĀ will air at 10am (replacing The Jerry Springer Show) andĀ Chicago Fire will air at 11am (replacing Judge Mathis).Ā That meansĀ Divorce Court and Judge Jerry willĀ continue toĀ airĀ at 7am and 7:30am respectively, Judge Mathis continues to air at 5pm, andĀ The Jerry Springer Show moves to an overnight timeslot at 3am.

Ā 

I'll update this post if there any more changes.

Ā 

Update on Richmond:Ā WRLHĀ is airingĀ Young SheldonĀ weeknights at midnight starting tonight (9/27). It's best to put the show on at 7pm or 7:30pm with The Big Bang Theory.

Edited by tw-804

On 9/27/2021 at 9:02 PM, tw-804 said:

Ā 

Update on Richmond:Ā WRLHĀ is airingĀ Young SheldonĀ weeknights at midnight starting tonight (9/27). It's best to put the show on at 7pm or 7:30pm with The Big Bang Theory.

WJZY is airing it at 7 beforeĀ BBT, WMYT is airing it at 10, after their two runs of BBT,Ā Ā cutting out a run of Schittā€™s Creek. What an AWFUL clearance for Richmond.

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 11:19 AM, WheelWarrior said:

For the first known time, Daytime Jeopardy! is going to feature episodes from the current season instead of only the previous one. The first two weeks will be Mayim Bialik's two weeks as host from last season, then it jumps ahead to her episodes from this coming season, meaning Daytime Jeopardy! will only be one week behind first-run Jeopardy! instead of a year behind. If this keeps up, I could see affiliates viewing this as pointless and dropping it, especially the ones that double-run J!. People might get confused when Mayim is hosting both episodes, especially if the current champion is on a 6+ day streak, so that one episode would be Day X but the other would be Day (X - 5). J! Weekend will also be showing Mayim's episodes from last season to start off.

Ā 

Turns out they changed the rotation at the last minute, and the listings weren't updated until yesterday. Starting this week, rather than running current episodes on a one-week delay as once listed, DJ! is actually running the post-Trebek episodes in order for now, starting with Ken Jennings' first episode that aired the Monday after Trebek's last. J! Weekend is still running Mayim's episodes from last season. Her eps of last season will run out after 11/20, so it is not yet known which host the rotation will jump to after that.

On 9/27/2021 at 8:37 PM, Nelson R. said:

WJZY is airing it at 7 beforeĀ BBT, WMYT is airing it at 10, after their two runs of BBT,Ā Ā cutting out a run of Schittā€™s Creek. What an AWFUL clearance.Ā 

Ā 

YS is getting awful clearances across the country -- 2 and 7 a.m. were the worst I'd seen.Ā 

• Sad 1