2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

What are you doing WHNS??? 

Starting September 27 when Young Sheldon debuts, Tamron Hall gets booted to late night at 2am. She is currently airing at 1pm. Yet one of their runs of Modern Family gets put at 2:30 in the afternoon. I…can’t…even…

Changes:

1:00 Divorce Court (replaces Tamron Hall)

1:30 Judge Jerry (replaces Tamron Hall)

2pm Mom (replaces Divorce Court)

2:30 Modern Family (replaces Judge Jerry)

3:30 Young Sheldon (replaces Mom)

7pm Young Sheldon (replaces Big Bang Theory)

12:30am Big Bang Theory (replaces Modern Family)

2am Tamron Hall (replaces Friends and Judge Hatchett)

3am Judge Hatchett (replaces Karen Mills)

AgDay previously replaced Millionaire at 4am.

Bet Tamron might be WYFF bound next fall, with Gray not big on syndication, and how is she not on there already? Isn’t she on most Hearst stations? They could use an upgrade from Dr. Oz, and Ellen is ending as well.

Actually I just remembered that WYFF delays the fourth hour of Today to late night, they air Kelly and Ryan at 9, which makes their decision to carry Dr. Oz at 11am all the more baffling. They need to pick up Hoda and Jenna at 11am and then put Tamron at 2 (like sister WXII) and Kelly at 3 and they will be set.

Edited by Nelson R.

19 hours ago, H-Town TV Fan said:

Here's something that I find ridiculous: With KUBE-TV Houston switching to full-time ShopHQ programming, none of the syndicated programs (first-run or off-net) that were being shown as more ShopHQ programming came in are currently shown on any of the Houston-area stations, that according to listings on Zap2It.

What a waste of channel bandwidth. If there weren't 1A implications where the FCC can't kill a station based on poor content, WRNN's use of their spectrum auction funds could be considered a betrayal to the American taxpayer.

You have Weigel, who used their WMLW spectrum sale to expand MeTV to wide main-channel coverage and their sister networks...good use of their money, along with WVCY grabbing full-metro radio stations from poor/terrible owners to expand their reach; don't agree with some of their views, but their heart is in the right place. Then there's WRNN and Richard French, which are wasting wide main-channel coverage in major markets on ShopHQ, infomercial feeds, and low-tier networks (not counting the ethnic networks that existed on them before purchase, which just tail along on the RNN spectrum and actually do good compared to their owner).

• Thanks 1

Starting tonight, WKRN in Nashville temporarily moves Wheel of Fortune to 12:06 AM Central on Tuesday nights due to The Mike Vrabel Show. This results in Extra and the Dr. Phil encore sliding back half an hour, and Right This Minute at 1:33 AM is skipped over to the Kelly & Ryan encore at 2:00.

Edited by WheelWarrior

13 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

Starting tonight, WKRN in Nashville temporarily moves Wheel of Fortune to 12:06 AM Central on Tuesday nights due to The Mike Vrabel Show.

I wish Panthers Huddle would air earlier in the week. It doesn’t air until Saturday nights at 10:35 on WAXN and 11:35 on WSOC. It could air at 7:30 on WSOC on Tuesday and Entertainment Tonight could flip to WAXN at 8. That way it doesn’t go head to head with college football.

22 hours ago, H-Town TV Fan said:

Here's something that I find ridiculous: With KUBE-TV Houston switching to full-time ShopHQ programming, none of the syndicated programs (first-run or off-net) that were being shown as more ShopHQ programming came in are currently shown on any of the Houston-area stations, that according to listings on Zap2It. Couldn't any of the other stations in Houston at least have made an effort to try and pick those programs up for their schedules? For now, for those people who live in Houston, you're gonna have to tune to KBTX (if you're lucky to get it, which I am right now) to see some of the programs pre-empted in Houston.

Another thing: On the KIAH CW39 listings on Zap2It, there is interestingly a "To Be Announced" listing at 3:00 p.m. CST for the weeks of September 13th and 20th. I wonder what that may mean...

That leaves a lot of shows with no home, including Rachael Ray and The Doctors. Drew Barrymore still has her overnight run on KIAH, so at least there’s that. (KUBE was also running her at 4p.) The ShopHQ announcement was made in late May. By then, most stations have their fall programming locked in. Maybe we will see some of the KUBE shows reappear as the season progresses, most likely overnight. KTBU is another option. Even though they run most of the Quest lineup intact, they have been airing Daily Blast Live and a repeat of sister station KHOU’s Great Day Houston in early afternoons. This was the most recent schedule I could find for KUBE …

ABA8B56B-76D2-440C-9CDD-A5887D82DA6A.jpeg

Edited by Greggo
  • Like 2

I forgot Weigel owned KYAZ now so maybe that's another option as well.

12 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

What are you doing WHNS??? 

Starting September 27 when Young Sheldon debuts, Tamron Hall gets booted to late night at 2am. She is currently airing at 1pm. Yet one of their runs of Modern Family gets put at 2:30 in the afternoon. I…can’t…even…

Changes:

1:00 Divorce Court (replaces Tamron Hall)

1:30 Judge Jerry (replaces Tamron Hall)

2pm Mom (replaces Divorce Court)

2:30 Modern Family (replaces Judge Jerry)

3:30 Young Sheldon (replaces Mom)

7pm Young Sheldon (replaces Big Bang Theory)

12:30am Big Bang Theory (replaces Modern Family)

2am Tamron Hall (replaces Friends and Judge Hatchett)

3am Judge Hatchett (replaces Karen Mills)

AgDay previously replaced Millionaire at 4am.

Bet Tamron might be WYFF bound next fall, with Gray not big on syndication, and how is she not on there already? Isn’t she on most Hearst stations? They could use an upgrade from Dr. Oz, and Ellen is ending as well.

Actually I just remembered that WYFF delays the fourth hour of Today to late night, they air Kelly and Ryan at 9, which makes their decision to carry Dr. Oz at 11am all the more baffling. They need to pick up Hoda and Jenna at 11am and then put Tamron at 2 (like sister WXII) and Kelly at 3 and they will be set.

WLKY did just boot Tamron though. And then you have KETV and KCCI which don't carry it in the first place.

3 hours ago, WheelWarrior said:

Is COPS completely gone now? I know KUBE was still airing it last season.

Yes and no.

It was recently acquired by Fox Nation, which will run both old and new episodes. But as far as syndication, I don't think we'll be seeing it any time soon, if ever again.

Edited by Adam MadMan
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Adam MadMan said:

Yes and no.

It was recently acquired by Fox Nation, which will run both old and new episodes. But as far as syndication, I don't think we'll be seeing it any time soon, if ever again.

It's also on both Pluto TV and Reelz, but on over-the air syndication, it's probably finished, although Langley Productions has acquired the syndication rights from FOX/Disney.

• Confused 1

On 9/14/2021 at 3:04 PM, RCA TK47 said:

I also watched it on Monday... Right off the bat before bringing the contestants out, Jay does his little "Headlines" bit from 'The Tonight Show'.  I sat there and thought to myself, "Ummm... okay... this is awkward."  The guy won't ever give up his late night shtick.... like he's trying to hold onto some sort of relevancy or something.  Kevin does his usual courtesy laughing at Jay to pacify him.  Actually, I think Tim Allen would be a better choice to host.

Maybe I should change my complaints about this show not being cleared in Yakima. Maybe the PDs looked at a sample and thought "this is NOT what we should air, especially at prime access..."

My family loved Jay Leno's Tonight Show. And personally his Jaywalking and Headlines segments from years past are still funny. But if he's trying to host YBYL and instead hijacks it with "The Somewhat-Looks-Like-Tonight Show with Jay Leno and No Guests", this show is out before the ball drops in Times Square.

21 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

What a waste of channel bandwidth. If there weren't 1A implications where the FCC can't kill a station based on poor content, WRNN's use of their spectrum auction funds could be considered a betrayal to the American taxpayer.

You have Weigel, who used their WMLW spectrum sale to expand MeTV to wide main-channel coverage and their sister networks...good use of their money, along with WVCY grabbing full-metro radio stations from poor/terrible owners to expand their reach; don't agree with some of their views, but their heart is in the right place. Then there's WRNN and Richard French, which are wasting wide main-channel coverage in major markets on ShopHQ, infomercial feeds, and low-tier networks (not counting the ethnic networks that existed on them before purchase, which just tail along on the RNN spectrum and actually do good compared to their owner).

WRNN has been a waste of spectrum since the mid 1990s. They were much better when it was WTZA on 62 as an independent for the Hudson Valley and Poughskeepsie. But the NYC stations won out on viewers, and WTZA faded away...WRNN tried, but failed within a few years.

Waste of spectrum that SHOULD have been sold in the spectrum auction. As should have most of the full-power stations running nothing but shopping/infomercials. WMDE in Dover comes to mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

WRNN has been a waste of spectrum since the mid 1990s. They were much better when it was WTZA on 62 as an independent for the Hudson Valley and Poughskeepsie. But the NYC stations won out on viewers, and WTZA faded away...WRNN tried, but failed within a few years.

WTZA didn't fail because people preferred the NYC and/or Albany stations, WTZA failed because the original owner (a noted regional developer) was in a money bind and had to sell the station and the Frenches were the first to buy. Unfortunately the Frenches had delusions of grandeur and wanted their local CNN wannabe even before purging all the syndication.

RNN even worked until they bit off way more then they could chew. Had they focused on the Hudson Valley and maybe made some inroads in relevant areas (Fairfield County and full carriage in Westchester/Rockland), they could've easily have become the Hudson Valley's WFMZ. But the Frenches never have been happy or satisfied with anything ever. It makes me wonder what would've happened had they ended up with the WFAS radio stations that they wanted to buy.

Changes in Oklahoma City:

KFOR (NBC):

* No changes to its weekday syndicated lineup; the only change to its weekday schedule overall is the addition of a rebroadcast of Oklahoma’s News 4 at 10:00 at 12:35 a.m. (replacing A Little Late with Lilly Singh, as NBC has turned over that show’s 1:35 a.m. ET slot back to its stations; it’s the first time that KFOR has run a late-night rebroadcast of its 10:00 news, and the first time any of the market’s Big Three affiliates - not counting KWTV’s News 9 Now subchannel - has aired a rebroadcast of its late news, since Channel 4 was under Local TV LLC ownership).

On Saturdays/early Sundays (starting 9/18), Raw Travel (bumped up from 1:33 a.m.) and S.W.A.T. replace both weekend editions of Right This Minute (which will be only shown in the market on weekdays, at 2:00 a.m., this season) at 12:33 and 1:03 a.m., and MacGyver replaces a double-run of World’s Funniest Weather at 2:03 a.m.

* On Sunday late nights (starting 9/19), SEAL Team and Bull replace NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: New Orleans at 11:05 p.m. and 12:05 a.m. on Sundays.

KOCO (ABC): As of 9/13, a second run of The Dr. Oz Show (which will also continue to air at 11:00 a.m.) replaced The Real at 12:06 a.m. weeknights. (This reduces The Real’s clearance in the OKC market for the 2021-22 season to early morning airings on Bounce TV via KSBI-DT2 and KOPX-DT2.)

KWTV (CBS):

The only syndicated addition is In Touch With Dr. Charles Stanley at 5:00 a.m. Sundays, airing in tandem with KFOR’s broadcast of that show (In Touch also airs two hours earlier on KOCO and three hours later on KOCB).

* As an aside, the weekend editions of News 9 This Morning are being slashed from three hours (from 5:00-8:00 a.m.) on both days to just two hours on Saturday (shifting to 8:00-10:00 a.m.) and one hour on Sunday (reduced to 7:00-8:00 a.m.) in order to accommodate CBS Saturday Morning (from 6:00-8:00 a.m., moved over from its News 9 Now subchannel) and one hour of the CBS Dream Team block on Sunday mornings (being moved to the 6:00-7:00 a.m. slot to accommodate CBSSM and the Saturday edition of N9TM).

KOKH (Fox): No changes.

KOCB (CW):

* On weekdays, effective 9/6, an airing of Divorce Court replaced the secondary run of Judge Jerry (which remains at 9:00) at 9:30 a.m., syndicated reruns of Jerry Springer replaced one airing each of 25 Words or Less and Family Feud at 11:00 a.m., the secondary run of Funny You Should Ask and the primary run of 25WOL replaced The CW’s now-defunct daytime hour at 1:00 and 1:30 p.m., and TMZ on TV (which sister station KOKH will also continue airing at 2:00 a.m.) replaced the secondary run of FYSA at 4:00 p.m. On 9/13, You Bet Your Life replaced one episode each of Two Broke Girls (bumped to 1:30 a.m., replacing an airing of Mike & Molly, which will continue to air at 11:30 p.m.) and Two and a Half Men (bumped to 11:00 p.m., replacing an airing of Family Guy) at 5:00 and 5:30 p.m. Starting 9/27, Nick Cannon will replace one episode each of Family Feud and 25WOL at 3:00 p.m., and the evening edition of The National Desk will replace one episode each of Family Guy (the primary run of which move up to 9:30 p.m., with the secondary run being bumped to 2:30 a.m.) and Bob’s Burgers (bumped to 2:00 a.m.) at 10:00 p.m. (Funny they didn’t think of running TND at 11:00 to flow into their midnight rebroadcast of Fox 25 News at 9:00, or bumping said rebroadcast to 11:00.)

* On Saturdays, Film Flickers with Kimberly & Esteban (from San Antonio sister station KMYS) and Good Taste with Tanji replace both airings of Sheriffs of El Dorado County at 10:00 and 10:30 p.m. Saturdays (starting 9/18). On Sundays, the weekend run of Two Broke Girls (moved from 2:00 a.m. early Sunday) replaces a double-run of TAAHM at 10:00 and 10:30 p.m. (No information as of yet for what replaces the two runs of the cancelled Central Ave. at 3:00 p.m. Sundays.)

KAUT (Ind.):

On weekdays, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit replaces The Doctors (bumped to 6:00 a.m., replacing a double-run of Impractical Jokers, an episode  of which is bumped to 2:00 a.m., replacing Right This Minute) at 10:00 a.m. and a double-run of Who Wants to be a Millionaire? reruns at 11:00 a.m., Storage Wars replaces Pawn Stars (bumped to 12:30 a.m.) at 1:00 p.m., The Liquidator replaces Cheaters at 1:30 p.m., an extra run of Inside Edition (which remains at 9:30 p.m. as a repeat) and Cheaters both replace The Drew Barrymore Show (bumped to 5:00 a.m.) at 4:00 and 4:30 p.m., The Goldbergs replaces Black-ish (bumped to 1:00 and 1:30 a.m.) at 5:00 and 5:30 p.m., Young Sheldon replaces The Goldbergs at 6:00 and 6:30 p.m. and an airing of M*A*S*H (which will now air at 10:30 p.m. and 12:00 a.m.) at 10:00 p.m., and a tertiary run of Maury (moved from 5:00 a.m.) replaces a second run of The Doctors at 4:00 a.m.

* On Sundays, Storage Wars replaces Pawn Stars at 4:00 p.m., MacGyver replaces Friends at 7:00 p.m., S.W.A.T. replaces NCIS at 8:00 p.m., SEAL Team replaces NCIS: New Orleans at 9:00 p.m. and Bull replaces The Listener (which will remain at midnight) at 10:00 p.m.

(I’m not familiar with what KSBI [MyNetworkTV]’s entire schedule was last season, so it’s not listed here.)

Edited by T.L. Hughes

WCCB changes starting September 27 according to the website and it looks like we have another newscast expansion in the market, this time at night.

Nick Cannon will air at 6pm, not at 4pm as his website indicated, replacing the primary runs of Mom and Mike and Molly. I knew it didn’t make sense to have Nick at 4 because that would’ve meant moving Ellen twice.

So one run of Mom gets bumped to midnight, and the other to 2:30 in the morning. Mike and Molly and Two Broke Girls (which previously aired at midnight and 12:30am) are reduced to one run. Maybe they will get more runs on the weekend. But they are also losing their Saturday night runs because of CW primetime. It appears WCCB is expanding their actual 10pm news to a full hour (well its listed as WCCB news at 10 and 10:30) and bumping WCCB News Edge to 11pm as a result. This means all three stations (WJZY, WAXN and WCCB) will have actual news for a full hour at 10.

Seems like they could put the extra runs of Mike and Molly and Two Broke Girls at 2 and 3am instead of the infomercial and that religious show.

Edited by Nelson R.

WATN's new schedule as of September 27th (changes highlighted in bold):

5:00AM: Good Day Memphis

7:00AM: Good Morning America

9:00AM: The Ellen Degeneres Show (moving from 4:00PM; replacing 20 Words or Less)

10:00AM: The View

11:00AM: ABC24 News Midday (reduced to a half-hour newscast)

11:30AM: Daily Blast Live

12:00PM: GMA3: What You Need to Know

1:00PM: General Hospital

2:00PM: Dr. Phil (moving up one hour)

3:00PM: The Nick Cannon Show

4:00PM: Hot Bench (two episodes; moving from WLMT)

5:00PM: ABC24 News

5:30PM: ABC World News Tonight

6:00PM: ABC24 News

6:30PM: You Bet Your Life w/ Jay Leno

I should also point out that WATN does air The Drew Barrymore Show; however, it's on at 1:05AM.

Edited by TennTV1983
Updated to reflect change from Local 24 to ABC24
  • Like 2

What's the deal with NBC's "Clear the Shelters" special? It looks like all the O&O's are carrying it but only a few non-O&O affiliates are. WNBC is airing it on its main station and the Cozi TV subchannel. Access Hollywood got pre-empted two days in a row as a result (yesterday, Brooklyn Nine-Nine moved an hour early due to the Giants game which pre-empted the primetine lineup).

KNSD is airing it Saturday at 6:30. WBRE is one of the few non-O&O's that is airing it tonight, and is pairing it with a second special, pre-empting both Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! tonight. I imagine it can be scheduled whenever the affiliates choose, but must be between Friday and Sunday of this weekend.

2 hours ago, WheelWarrior said:

What's the deal with NBC's "Clear the Shelters" special? It looks like all the O&O's are carrying it but only a few non-O&O affiliates are.

"Clear The Shelters" is a yearly pet adoption drive where the NBC O&Os (& affiliates) team up with the local shelters to try the find these pets a home. They've been doing this initiative for years.

This special only airs once a year. They normally air this special right around August.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TennTV1983 said:

9:00AM: The Ellen Degeneres Show (moving from 4:00PM; replacing 20 Words or Less)

I should also point out that WATN does air The Drew Barrymore Show; however, it's on at 1:05AM.

I wish Local Memphis Live would come back to 9am.

Edited by NewsGuyTV
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/17/2021 at 3:04 PM, TennTV1983 said:

Kinda curious to know if the trouble involving Ellen herself is why her show moved to mornings. Also, I Still can’t stand the narrator since the 2020-21 season of hot bench, Christopher Thomas. I miss Rino Romano.

5 minutes ago, nbc4ne said:

Also, I Still can’t stand the narrator since the 2020-21 season of hot bench, Christopher Thomas. I miss Rino Romano.

Personally, I don't really care for either voice-over. Don't really like either of them. I think Bill Ratner or Steve Kamer would have been better choices.