2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

1 minute ago, Nelson R. said:

What they should do is move Y&R to 1 and either cancel The Talk and expand B&B to an hour at 2 or shorten The Talk to 30 minutes. But I know CBS likes to have that 30 minute jump on Days in the Eastern Time Zone.

Not in some markets. Here in Pittsburgh, Days used to air at 3 PM instead of 1 PM (until this year) on WPXI. I agree with this though, The Talk is on its way out.

4 hours ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Noting that the shillfestĀ The Balancing ActĀ was somehow picked up by WBBM in Chicago forĀ two episodesĀ as late-night filler...surprised they aren't repeating ET in late night like most other stations do or just filling it with an hour of paid programming. They probably grabbed it because Montel Williams was added, but it's a 'lipstick on a pig' situation for a show which mainly fills mornings on CW/MyNet affiliates.

• Like 1

WPIX is adding Young Sheldon on September 27th, which is bumping The Goldbergs to the overnight hours (1:30 and 3:00am). Also looks like Mom is moving down to 4am.

Ā 

WNYW also seems to be relegating The Real to WWOR in favor of The Nick Cannon Show at the 11am slot. Problem is, WWOR runs the previous day episode of The Real (5pm)Ā and it will remain that way even if itā€™s leaving WNYW. Maybe that will change, but as of now that seems to be the case.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

I don't like this. Move Young & The Restless to 1 PM and move Bold & The Beautiful to Pittsburgh's CW. that would have been better then this split plan. Both WTAE and WPXI have full hour long news on 1 channel. this is a sad move to "Compete" with that.Ā  You also could move the entire 12 PM Newscast to Pittsburgh's CW as well and do another syndication show in the noon position like Hot Bench or something else. Another Idea is put Bold & The Beautiful at 12 PM on KDKA.

None of that would work. This is really the only way they can make this work right now. Another far fetched idea that would make this work is to cancel The Talk and give the 2pm hourĀ to the affiliates, which won't be happening anytime soon.Ā 

Ā 

I personally don't think them adding a 12:30pm newscast is entirely necessary, but that's just me.

Too bad WPXI airs this at 3 AM each day.Ā  You could do the smart thing and move this to 3 PM and put Judge Judy at 3 AM.

Yes this would've been a smart move. But Judy has always been a strong lead-in to WPXI's newscasts, so they really don't want to mess with something that's working. And I commend them for that.Ā 

Ā 

But the other solution I had in mind was to move Kelly to 11am before their Noon news, and move Wendy Williams to either 3am or it could go to another station.

Ā 

At this point, the only two ways for Kelly to get a decent timeslot in Pittsburgh is if Rachael Ray gets cancelled or is move to another channel or when Ellen ends next year, it could move to WTAE, which is certainly possible.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

22 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

So despite the promos indicatingĀ it was going to be on both WJZY and WMYTĀ and the website showing three runs of Young Sheldon in Charlotte at noon, 7 and 7:30, zap2it shows only one run, atĀ 10pm, on WMYT. It also doesnā€™t show any runs it has listed for WHNS at 3:30, 6:30 and 7.

Ā 

And I donā€™t see Nick Cannon listed at all on WCCB or for any Charlotte station despite the fact their Twitter follows them and they are listed as a station carrying it on their website. It is supposed to be airing at 4.

Ā 

Iā€™m super confused. I guess they just havenā€™t updated the listings yet.

Ā 

This would presumably cut Schittā€™s down to one run on WMYT at 10:30,Ā as they donā€™t have but one run listed now.

TV Passport confirms YS at 7 on WJZY.Ā The Young Sheldon website is incorrect for Charlotte. Young Sheldon will be airing at 7 on WJZY (that is correct) and 10 on WMYT and not noon and 7:30 on WJZY. I knew the noon WJZY listing was incorrect. WJZY does keep their run of BBT at 7:30. WMYT picks up a run of TMZ to replace the WJZY 7:00 airing at 1am. This pushes Dish Nation back to 1:30am.

Most stations that air both runs will probably be airing the pilot episode first on Monday and then the Season 3 premiere. However in Charlotte it will be backwardsā€¦WJZY will be airing the Season 3 premiere at 7 and WMYT the pilot at 10.

WMYT will be cutting out a run of Schittā€™s Creek to make room for their run of YS. They ought to put YS at 9 and put BBT at 9:30 and 10 so it would be chronologically correct, like WJZY with YS at 7 and BBT at 7:30.

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Thanks 1

Here's something that I find ridiculous: With KUBE-TV Houston switching to full-time ShopHQ programming,Ā noneĀ of the syndicated programs (first-run orĀ off-net) that were being shown as more ShopHQ programming came in are currently shown on any ofĀ the Houston-area stations, that according to listings on Zap2It. Couldn't any of the other stations in HoustonĀ at least have made an effort to try and pick those programs up for their schedules? For now, for those people who live in Houston, you're gonna have to tune to KBTX (if you're lucky to get it, which I am right now) to see some of the programs pre-empted in Houston.

Ā 

Another thing: On the KIAH CW39 listings on Zap2It, there is interestingly a "To Be Announced" listing at 3:00 p.m. CST for the weeks of September 13th and 20th. I wonder what that may mean...

10 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Starting thisĀ year their only MondayĀ simulcast is tonight and then they will simulcast two Saturday games in the new Week 18 (the final week of the regular season). But granted horrible timing. They shouldā€™ve put off the season for both showsĀ a week. And Jeopardy wouldā€™ve dodged the Richards week.

Ā 

To make matters worse, the MNF game went into overtime, ABC's feed did not sign off until just after midnight Eastern/9:00 Pacific. I found at least two affiliates that didn't air Wheel at all because of them slotting it too close to the game. KOMO 4 in SeattleĀ aired Wheel and J!, but both about 35 minutes later than the times listed.

Ā 

Despite the Richards stuff, J! is still getting preferential treatment over Wheel. KXTV 10 in Sacramento was supposed to show J! at 9:00 but they slid it back about 5 minutes to air in its entirety, then JIP'd Wheel in the middle of Round 1 after J! finished. J! was the only show they programmed to slide. They couldn't let Wheel slide too and then JIP Inside Edition at 10:05?? And then KATU did some news after the game, and slid two infomercials and J! half an hour later, which meant J! aired in Wheel's scheduled slot of 10:30, and Wheel was skipped to the 11:00 news.

Ā 

Wheel/CBS MV probably won't care about all this since O&O's KABC, KGO, and KFSNĀ all slotted both shows in the 10 PM hour and truncated their newscasts to not run past 10:00 (KABC did not do news; only postgame and two local special encores as padding before Wheel/J!).

Ā 

I heard that back when MNF was on ABC every week, the West Coast would slide Wheel to air Tue-Sat, but that's not favorable now because Saturday's airings are also pre-empted by college football and slotted in primetime slots that may or may not be impacted by overrun. Still, what a day for Wheel to get screwed like this. It would be nice if CBS MV gave them the master again to make up later in the week. I only know of one affiliate that didn't air J! at all tonight (KOTA, also did not air Wheel).

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by WheelWarrior

Big shifts on WVTV and WVTV-DT2Ā starting 9/27:

Ā 

The evening edition of The National Desk premieresĀ at 9pm on WVTV, shifting their block of The Goldbergs/Last Man Standing/The King of Queens to DT2 at different times: The Goldbergs at 5pm (moving Judge Jerry to 12pm), Last Man Standing at 6pm (causing Two and a Half Men to move to 9pm) and The King of Queens to 10pm (which moves the animation block to midnight, following former 9pm occupant Schittā€™s Creek at 11pm). Ā And if that wasnā€™t enough for DT2,Ā Divorce Court will be down to a single airing at 10:30am.Ā 

Following The National Desk, DailyMail TV and Dish Nation are now on (much) earlier times of 11pm and midnight, respectively. Ā An encore of Access Daily follows at 12:30am.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Glimmer

8 hours ago, H-Town TV Fan said:

Here's something that I find ridiculous: With KUBE-TV Houston switching to full-time ShopHQ programming,Ā noneĀ of the syndicated programs (first-run orĀ off-net) that were being shown as more ShopHQ programming came in are currently shown on any ofĀ the Houston-area stations, that according to listings on Zap2It. Couldn't any of the other stations in HoustonĀ at least have made an effort to try and pick those programs up for their schedules? For now, for those people who live in Houston, you're gonna have to tune to KBTX (if you're lucky to get it, which I am right now) to see some of the programs pre-empted in Houston.

Ā 

Another thing: On the KIAH CW39 listings on Zap2It, there is interestingly a "To Be Announced" listing at 3:00 p.m. CST for the weeks of September 13th and 20th. I wonder what that may mean...

All I have to say is.....Turn on the Tuuubeee.

Ā 

That's where I see them ending up.Ā 

15 hours ago, tjt24 said:

I personally don't think them adding a 12:30pm newscast is entirely necessary, but that's just me.

I will say it was confirmed by PBRTV that the WPCW 12:30 Newscast would be a repeat of the KDKA noon news and not be a LIVE broadcast which just makes this lazy on KDKA's part.

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

I will say it was confirmed by PBRTV that the WPCW 12:30 Newscast would be a repeat of the KDKA noon news and not be a LIVE broadcast which just makes this lazy on KDKA's part.

Yeah there's no need for that honestly.Ā They already do that on CBSN Pittsburgh, and it should just stay there. No need for it to air on WPCW at the same time. I actually thought it was a live newscast.Ā 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tjt24 said:

Yeah there's no need for that honestly.Ā They already do that on CBSN Pittsburgh, and it should just stay there. No need for it to air on WPCW at the same time. I actually thought it was a live newscast.Ā 

For Tuesdays it makes sense due to the Steelers Mike Tomlin Press ConferenceĀ  airing at 12 PM on WPCW against the live KDKA Noon newscast. In the off season and other days? I'm not so sure.

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, H-Town TV Fan said:

Ā 

It's entirely possible they still hold the syndication contracts even if they aren't airing the programs.

For Tuesdays it makes sense due to the Steelers Mike Tomlin Press ConferenceĀ  airing at 12 PM on WPCW against the live KDKA Noon newscast. In the off season and other days? I'm not so sure.

I agree with that. It probably wouldn't hurt to re-air the news at 12:30pm after Tomlin's press conference. But it isn't necessary beyond that.Ā 

• Like 2

Kelly Clarkson airing at 3 AM in a market as large as Pittsburgh is just wrong. Especially since she's in a transition period to take over Ellen's timeslots on many affiliates in 2022.

Did anyone tune into the YBYL premiere? Did it seem like a hit? How was the chemistry between Jay Leno and Kevin Eubanks, knowing they haven't been together on TV in 10 years or more?

• Like 4

Has anyone started watching "Jeopardy!" this week?Ā  The Mike Richards era has started this week.Ā  Here's an article that will be happy to see him gone from the TV screens.Ā  (By the way, the comments here are more pro-Mike than usual.)

https://deadline.com/2021/09/jeopardy-host-mike-richards-review-1234832394/

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

Kelly Clarkson airing at 3 AM in a market as large as Pittsburgh is just wrong. Especially since she's in a transition period to take over Ellen's timeslots on many affiliates in 2022.

Did anyone tune into the YBYL premiere? Did it seem like a hit? How was the chemistry between Jay Leno and Kevin Eubanks, knowing they haven't been together on TV in 10 years or more?

Just watch as WPGH or WPCW grab her.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

I pretty much agree with everything here:Ā https://www.forbes.com/sites/marcberman1/2021/09/13/the-laughs-are-slim-in-the-jay-leno-hosted-you-bet-your-life-reboot/?sh=75539df540ac

Ā 

The good news there is a secret word -- but the bad news is that it's sponsored. And Jay practically led the contestant to saying it in the first episode.

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

Ā 

I honestly found it kinda unwatchable and rushed all the way through. Ā 

2 hours ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

Ā 

I also watched it on Monday... Right off the bat before bringing the contestants out, Jay does his little "Headlines" bit from 'The Tonight Show'.Ā  I sat there and thought to myself, "Ummm... okay... this is awkward."Ā  The guy won't ever give up his late night shtick.... like he's trying to hold onto some sort ofĀ relevancy or something.Ā  Kevin does his usual courtesy laughing at Jay to pacify him.Ā  Actually, I think Tim Allen would be a betterĀ choice to host.

• Like 1