2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

To my home market (Richmond/Petersburg, VA) we go...

WTVR (CBS) and WRIC (ABC): No change.

WWBT (NBC): Well, just a little change. I mentioned earlier that WWBT debuted a new 11am newscast called NBC12 News Before Noon last Monday (9/6), moving TODAY with Hoda & Jenna to 10am leaving LIVE with Kelly and Ryan without a home in Richmond.

WRLH (FOX): Judge Judy repeats replace The Doctors at 9am starting tomorrow (Monday 9/13). Judy continues to air at 5pm, while The Doctors move to 4am. You Bet Your Life with Jay Leno will air at 11:30am and 11pm. The second airing of YBYL moves Daily Mail TV to 11:30pm. The Steve Wilkos Show moves from 4pm to 1pm replacing Funny You Should Ask which will move to 3:30am. Wilkos continues to air at 10am. A second airing of Maury will air at 4pm starting tomorrow until Nick Cannon premieres on September 27th in that timeslot.

WRLH-DT2 (TBD/MNT): No change to the subchannel's weeknight 6-8pm syndicated lineup.

WUPV (CW): The new show Relative Justice airs at 2pm starting tomorrow (Monday 9/13). The Real now airs weekdays at 8am. Starting Monday, September 20th, Dateline will air at 9am (replacing a second airing of Divorce Court and Judge Jerry), Law & Order: SVU will air at 10am (replacing The Jerry Springer Show) and Chicago Fire will air at 11am (replacing Judge Mathis). That means Divorce Court and Judge Jerry will continue to air at 7am and 7:30am respectively, Judge Mathis continues to air at 5pm, and The Jerry Springer Show moves to an overnight timeslot at 3am.

I'll update this post if there any more changes.

Edited by tw-804

On 9/8/2021 at 12:07 PM, Glimmer said:

The Milwaukee shifts….

WITI: You Bet Your Life premieres 9/13 at 10:35pm (pushing the 2xSeinfeld/Extra/Access Hollywood block back a half-hour); the second run of the show replaces an Extra encore at 2:35am

Interestingly, they’re sticking with the Judge Judy encores at noon and 3pm/3:30pm for the time being 

WISN and WTMJ: no changes at the moment

WDJT: on weekend late-nights, NCIS, NCIS: New Orleans and one run of The Andy Griffith Show are replaced by Bull, S.W.A.T. and SEAL Team starting 9/18 and 9/19

WVTV: Chicago Fire replaces The CW run of Jerry Springer at 1pm beginning 9/20

WMLW: MacGyver premieres 9/18 with a double run starting at 10am

A third run of The Big Bang Theory is added at 4:30pm starting 9/13, which will serve as the lead-in to Young Sheldon when it launches 9/27.  This triggers a lot of shifts to the usual evening/late-night comedy blocks (Modern Family’s hour block shifts up a half-hour to 3:30pm, Black-ish moves back an hour to 11pm when SVU starts 9/20 at 10pm, Mom is cut to a single weekday run at 3pm, still no word where Mike & Molly lands after YS takes its slot on 9/27)

Update to WITI: Turns out what we thought was cancelled (Real Milwaukee) was just in mothballs for the spring and summer. Their local show will return on the 27th to fill the 10 a.m. hour. The Wendy site says Wendy then moves to noon, airing back-to-back with Nick Cannon at 1.

So despite the promos indicating it was going to be on both WJZY and WMYT and the website showing three runs of Young Sheldon in Charlotte at noon, 7 and 7:30, zap2it shows only one run, at 10pm, on WMYT. It also doesn’t show any runs it has listed for WHNS at 3:30, 6:30 and 7.

And I don’t see Nick Cannon listed at all on WCCB or for any Charlotte station despite the fact their Twitter follows them and they are listed as a station carrying it on their website. It is supposed to be airing at 4.

I’m super confused. I guess they just haven’t updated the listings yet.

This would presumably cut Schitt’s down to one run on WMYT at 10:30, as they don’t have but one run listed now.

Edited by Nelson R.

ATLANTA: They just ran the promo, but WAGA found a time slot for Jay Leno’s You Bet Your Life: Midnight, bumping Extra to 12:30 and moving the TMZ repeat to 2:30 am after Access Hollywood (they previously had the 1980 version with Buddy Hackett; WXIA carried Bill Cosby’s in 1992).

Other than that (besides WPCH picking up Young Sheldon and Nick Cannon’s talker), everything else remains status quo on ‘AGA, WSB, WXIA, and WGCL; dunno about WATL and WUPA.

Edited by johnnya2k6

Some change on WXMI Fox17, as I said The List will air at 12PM, You Bet Your Life will air at 12:30PM second run as the promo only said 7:30PM, Steve Wilkos gets bump from 12PM to 1PM to 2PM, Dateline 3PM the second run will be no more at 3AM, Friends 7PM & 2:30AM, Two & Half Men 11:30PM & 2AM, Modern Family 12AM & 1:30AM, Right This Minute 12:30AM to 1:30AM was on at 1PM to 2PM, Drew Barrymore 10AM, second run bumped form 2AM now on at 3AM. Top 10 Late Sun 11:30PM.

CW7 MacGyver late Sun 11:30PM, Seal Team 12:30AM would've been Sat at 8PM & 9PM if The CW didn't have programming on Sat night. WWMT late Sat Seal Team 12:30AM, Late Sun Bull at 12AM. Wood TV Late Sat SOS at 1:30AM replacing Storm Of Suspicion in the timeslot still airs on WXSP Sat at 9PM.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

Update to WITI: Turns out what we thought was cancelled (Real Milwaukee) was just in mothballs for the spring and summer. Their local show will return on the 27th to fill the 10 a.m. hour. The Wendy site says Wendy then moves to noon, airing back-to-back with Nick Cannon at 1.

So WITI will entirely be in local news from 4:30am-12pm…interesting!

Bet CBS Media Ventures is thrilled to know that the Wheel and Jeopardy! season premieres are impacted by a national Monday Night Football game on the West Coast ABC affiliates... All airings have to be moved to primetime slots between the game and 10/11 PM newscasts, and then of course there's the potential issue of the game overrunning and having to JIP one of the shows.

Since ABC brought back national MNF last year, their broadcast goes until 11:15 ET/8:15 PT, which means some affiliates are forced to schedule a half-hour syndie that will get JIP'd halfway through at best. KGUN in Tucson, AZ is doing half an episode of RightThisMinute from 8:15-30, then the ABC Fall Preview Special at 8:30, then J!/Wheel at 9:00. KOTA in Rapid City, SD only has a 45-minute gap between the game and news, so Wheel is slotted from 9:15-45 MT and only half of Jeopardy! from 9:45-10:00. Last year, Wheel was the 15-minute show; I guess the Mike Richards controversy was a factor in changing that. Still, you'd think they'd just put one of the game shows at 9:30 at best and put half an infomercial or some other filler for 9:15-30, or at least put one of the shows down for a guaranteed full airing in an overnight slot.

For the Lafayette, LA market:

--KATC: no changes, with the only exception being the new Jay Leno-hosted You Bet Your Life at 1:05am (there is another run on KATC 3.2 [CW] at 1p)

--KLFY: no changes (and they're airing reruns of Judge Judy at 3p, too)

--KADN: no changes so far, but Young Sheldon reruns do start two weeks from today at 5p as per youngsheldonweeknights.com (that is the only change I know of; there should be more if I see an updated lineup for the 27th tomorrow because as of now, Zap2it only goes to the 26th)

--KLAF: no changes thus far

UPDATE: Young Sheldon reruns air at 5p & 5:30p on KADN starting on the 27th, with Mike & Molly reduced to one run and airing at 10:30p; the rest of KADN's schedule remains

For KADN 15.3 (MyAcadianaTV), a second run of the People's Court airs at 1p, replacing Divorce Court (which I believe has officially moved to KATC 3.2 and the rest of the CW 100+ station group); Law & Order SVU reruns also air at 4p on 15.3 in addition to their Monday runs on MyNetworkTV, and also, Comics Unleashed moves from Fox 15 at 10:30p to 15.3 at 11p

I believe these changes all start on the 27th......

Edited by J1975am

Updating this thread to say that it seems like KDKA has started a 12:30pm newscast on sister station WPCW and streaming platform CBSN Pittsburgh. It must have started today. Now all three Pittsburgh stations have a full hour of news at Noon and at 4pm starting this afternoon. 

IMG_20210913_130439.thumb.jpg.6e3e5582005d6279e7af85d70356916b.jpg

Courtesy of their social media pages. 

Edited by tjt24
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, DetroitTVNews said:

WMYD will be airing Chicago Fire followed by Law & Order SVU in primetime starting September 20 to replace My Network programming.

No one will notice the affiliation switch. 

3 hours ago, WheelWarrior said:

Since ABC brought back national MNF last year

Not full-time. The only time they simulcasted last year was Week 2, the 50th anniversary game, and then Week 13 and 16. Starting this year their only Monday simulcast is tonight and then they will simulcast two Saturday games in the new Week 18 (the final week of the regular season). But granted horrible timing. They should’ve put off the season for both shows a week. And Jeopardy would’ve dodged the Richards week.

Edited by Nelson R.

59 minutes ago, phillynewslover said:

Kelly Clarkson is in New York City for her third season premiere. Her in-studio audience is back, as well.

Ellen's last season begins today as well. Sorry, but good riddance. The fiasco with her producers tarnished what was left of her show. My mom was a big fan of Ellen DeGeneres and watched every afternoon. But last season she watched 1 or 2 episodes if that. I do feel sorry for Andy, being put in the middle of this, but hopefully he'll find a new job at another show. Either that or he'll have a nice pension fund from WB.

Meanwhile, Zap2It has no Yakima affiliate for Young Sheldon. I am interested to see if Protection Court still has a double-run on KCYU as listed on Zap2It. Extreme Reach format sheets ended last week so it is not in syndication anymore. Something had to have replaced it. Will tune it at 1:00 and find out...

17 minutes ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

Ellen's last season begins today as well. Sorry, but good riddance. The fiasco with her producers tarnished what was left of her show. My mom was a big fan of Ellen DeGeneres and watched every afternoon. But last season she watched 1 or 2 episodes if that. I do feel sorry for Andy, being put in the middle of this, but hopefully he'll find a new job at another show. Either that or he'll have a nice pension fund from WB.

Meanwhile, Zap2It has no Yakima affiliate for Young Sheldon. I am interested to see if Protection Court still has a double-run on KCYU as listed on Zap2It. Extreme Reach format sheets ended last week so it is not in syndication anymore. Something had to have replaced it. Will tune it at 1:00 and find out...

Maybe Andy can move over to Kelly's show.  Just an idea.  I can see Kelly picking up where Ellen left off.

Oh and speaking of courtroom shows, OWN (Oprah's cable channel) is now airing Couples Court reruns.  I just saw them listed there in a marathon setting.  I would not be surprised if that channel picks up Paternity Court.

55 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Not full-time. The only time they simulcasted last year was Week 2, the 50th anniversary game, and then Week 13 and 16. Starting this year their only Monday simulcast is tonight and then they will simulcast two Saturday games in the new Week 18 (the final week of the regular season).

Tonight isn't ABC's only Monday simulcast. The network is also simulcasting MNF in Weeks 14 and 15.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2021/09/the-walt-disney-company-kicks-off-the-nfls-biggest-season-ever/

• Thanks 1

Fox has closed on their acquisition of TMZ from WarnerMedia.

Fox Corp.’s entertainment division has closed its acquisition of TMZ from WarnerMedia, confirming that founder and managing editor Harvey Levin will continue with the newly situated company.

Terms were not disclosed, but the deal is believed to be worth in the range of $100 million to $125 million.

Fox will now own and operate all of TMZ’s linear, digital and experiential assets, including syndicated magazine programs TMZ and TMZ Live. 

Fox Television Stations’ in-house syndication division, Fox First Run, will oversee all program sales, marketing and affiliate relations for TMZ and TMZ Live, effective immediately. The two programs have been renewed through 2022-23, with TMZ cleared in 99% of the country this coming season and TMZ Live cleared in 72% of the U.S.

https://deadline.com/2021/09/fox-tmz-acquisition-warnermedia-closes-harvey-levin-1234832123/

3 hours ago, tjt24 said:

Updating this thread to say that it seems like KDKA has started a 12:30pm newscast on sister station WPCW and streaming platform CBSN Pittsburgh. It must have started today. Now all three Pittsburgh stations have a full hour of news at Noon and at 4pm starting this afternoon. 

IMG_20210913_130439.thumb.jpg.6e3e5582005d6279e7af85d70356916b.jpg

Courtesy of their social media pages. 

I don't like this. Move Young & The Restless to 1 PM and move Bold & The Beautiful to Pittsburgh's CW. that would have been better then this split plan. Both WTAE and WPXI have full hour long news on 1 channel. this is a sad move to "Compete" with that.  You also could move the entire 12 PM Newscast to Pittsburgh's CW as well and do another syndication show in the noon position like Hot Bench or something else. Another Idea is put Bold & The Beautiful at 12 PM on KDKA.

1 hour ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

Too bad WPXI airs this at 3 AM each day.  You could do the smart thing and move this to 3 PM and put Judge Judy at 3 AM.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

I don't like this. Move Young & The Restless to 1 PM and move Bold & The Beautiful to Pittsburgh's CW. that would have been better then this split plan. Both WTAE and WPXI have full hour long news on 1 channel. this is a sad move to "Compete" with that.  You also could move the entire 12 PM Newscast to Pittsburgh's CW as well and do another syndication show in the noon position like Hot Bench or something else. Another Idea is put Bold & The Beautiful at 12 PM on KDKA.

They're a CBS O&O. I don't think they would do that.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, phillynewslover said:

They're a CBS O&O. I don't think they would do that.

How well does Young & The Restless and Bold & The Beautiful even do in the ratings? I'm sure many CBS Stations wanted to do an hour long newscast as well like their ABC and NBC counterparts but these soap operas (which died a LONG time ago) continue to get in the way.

Also wanted to add KDKA-TV air the CBS Evening News at 7 PM instead of 6:30 PM (like most CBS owned stations and affiliates) so my proposal CAN work. 

Edited by Kenneth Kissel

Just now, Kenneth Kissel said:

How well does Young & The Restless and Bold & The Beautiful even do in the ratings? I'm sure many CBS Stations wanted to do an hour long newscast as well like their ABC and NBC counterparts but these soap operas (which died a LONG time ago) continue to get in the way.

What they should do is move Y&R to 1 and either cancel The Talk and expand B&B to an hour at 2 or shorten The Talk to 30 minutes. But I know CBS likes to have that 30 minute jump on Days in the Eastern Time Zone.

• Like 2