2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

Starting 9/13, WLNY's airings of Judge Judy will uniquely be the C and D runs, rather than repeats of the A and B runs that air earlier in the day on WCBS, meaning NYC will now get four unique episodes per weekday instead of two.

For the "Judy Library" encores, the A and B runs will start with Season 21 (2016-17) in order (A: 2101, B: 2102, etc.), and the C and D runs will do the same with Season 18 (2013-14).

How many weekend runs does Judy have? Two or four? WCBS/WLNY has three total airings on weekends, but the first two (5a on WCBS, 10:30p on WLNY) are the same episode. If only two, the weekend run will be Season 17 (2012-13, the first in HD) starting with odd-numbered episodes (1701/1703 one weekend, 1705/1707 the next, etc.); I'm guessing that was a period where new episodes premiered in both the A and B runs.

Edited by WheelWarrior

14 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

Starting 9/13, WLNY's airings of Judge Judy will uniquely be the C and D runs, rather than repeats of the A and B runs that air earlier in the day on WCBS, meaning NYC will now get four unique episodes per weekday instead of two.

For the "Judy Library" encores, the A and B runs will start with Season 21 (2016-17) in order (A: 2101, B: 2102, etc.), and the C and D runs will do the same with Season 18 (2013-14).

Looked on zap2it and WCNC is the same except they only air three runs so they skip the D run. A and B run is at 3 and 3:30pm. They will only be airing the odd numbered episodes of Season 18 (the C run) weekdays at 12:30pm). 

Edited by Nelson R.

Changes in DFW's TV lineup starting next week:

Jay Leno's You Bet Your Life replaces The Dr. Oz Show on KDFW (FOX 4) at 2pm. (Dr. Oz Show will have to find a new home).

Relative Justice debuts of KDAF (CW 33) at Noon.

KTXA has six hours of court shows from 12-6pm. 

No changes at KXAS (NBC 5), WFAA 8 (ABC), and KTVT (CBS 11).

On 9/7/2021 at 12:48 PM, WheelWarrior said:

The CW+ never updated its online schedule. Here is the current lineup according to WNNE in Burlington, VT.

New shows: Highway Thru Hell, Divorce Court, The Liquidator, Moviefone TV (debut), MacGyver

Gone shows: Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, Jerry Springer, Seinfeld, SSN Sports, Nightwatch

Increased runs: American Ninja Warrior (now airing weekdays in addition to 3 weekend runs)

Reduced runs: Judge Jerry (4 to 3 weekday), To the Rescue (2 to 1 weekend), Made in Hollywood (2 to 1 weekend)

WEEKDAYS (CHANGES IN BOLD)

6:00 AM - Highway Thru Hell (formerly Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? x2)

7:00 AM - Divorce Court (formerly Judge Jerry)

7:30 AM - Judge Jerry

8:00 AM - Steve Wilkos x2

10:00 AM - Maury x2

12-2 PM - [Local]

2:00 PM - black-ish x2 (formerly Judge Jerry x 2)

3:00 PM - Judge Jerry x2 (formerly Jerry Springer)

4:00 PM - Divorce Court x2 (formerly The Goldbergs x2)

5:00 PM - Steve Wilkos (formerly black-ish x2)

6:00 PM - Bob's Burgers x2

7:00 PM - Family Guy x2

8-10 PM - [CW Primetime]

10:00 PM - The Goldbergs x2 (formerly Seinfeld x2) [10:00 preempted in some markets by sister station newscast]

11:00 PM - Schitt's Creek x2

12:00 AM - American Ninja Warrior (formerly Steve Wilkos)

1:00 AM - The Liquidator (formerly SSN Sports)

1:30-6 AM - [Local]

Once Nick Cannon arrives on the 27th at 6pE/5C (at least according to the schedule I saw that was dated from June), Bob's Burgers moves to 11pE/10C, followed by Black-ish and Schitt's Creek.

• Sad 1

For the first known time, Daytime Jeopardy! is going to feature episodes from the current season instead of only the previous one. The first two weeks will be Mayim Bialik's two weeks as host from last season, then it jumps ahead to her episodes from this coming season, meaning Daytime Jeopardy! will only be one week behind first-run Jeopardy! instead of a year behind. If this keeps up, I could see affiliates viewing this as pointless and dropping it, especially the ones that double-run J!. People might get confused when Mayim is hosting both episodes, especially if the current champion is on a 6+ day streak, so that one episode would be Day X but the other would be Day (X - 5). J! Weekend will also be showing Mayim's episodes from last season to start off.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

For the first known time, Daytime Jeopardy! is going to feature episodes from the current season instead of only the previous one. The first two weeks will be Mayim Bialik's two weeks as host from last season, then it jumps ahead to her episodes from this coming season, meaning Daytime Jeopardy! will only be one week behind first-run Jeopardy! instead of a year behind. If this keeps up, I could see affiliates viewing this as pointless and dropping it, especially the ones that double-run J!. People might get confused when Mayim is hosting both episodes, especially if the current champion is on a 6+ day streak, so that one episode would be Day X but the other would be Day (X - 5). J! Weekend will also be showing Mayim's episodes from last season to start off.

Wait, Daytime Jeopardy!'s episodes were from the previous season? I always thought they were from the current season or at least several weeks prior (I know Weekend Wheel of Fortune's episodes are always from the previous season).....

I've always wondered this: when it comes to double-runs of syndicated shows, for secondary runs, are there any reasons certain episodes are picked? Is it because some episodes won't hold viewers' interest, is it because someone does or says something on air that might run the risk of either offending viewers,  or do those reasons fit under the "we're just doing this to fill time" umbrella?? Again, it's something I've always wondered.....

1 hour ago, WheelWarrior said:

Yeah, even though WCNC hasn’t aired it in years so it’s irrelevant to Charlotte, this is a slap in the face to Alex. They should be airing Trebek episodes. I guess they are trying to distance themselves from Mike Richards.

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Yeah, even though WCNC hasn’t aired it in years so it’s irrelevant to Charlotte, this is a slap in the face to Alex. They should be airing Trebek episodes. I guess they are trying to distance themselves from Mike Richards.

They could have easily simply aired S37 E1-52 over the course of the year for J! Weekend since Alex hosted 75 episodes last season.

• Like 1

Not in Philadelphia. WFMZ is airing it Sunday mornings at 1:30a and 4a; I thought WPSG aired it on weekends, too, but I guess they got rid of that. 

Also - are NCIS and NCIS: NO leaving syndication? Currently, they air Saturday from 8p to 10p on WPSG, and Sunday from 12:05a to 2:05a on KYW, but those runs will be replaced with CW Primetime, SEAL Team, and Bull, respectively.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, phillynewslover said:

Not in Philadelphia. WFMZ is airing it Sunday mornings at 1:30a and 4a; I thought WPSG aired it on weekends, too, but I guess they got rid of that. 

Also - are NCIS and NCIS: NO leaving syndication? Currently, they air Saturday from 8p to 10p on WPSG, and Sunday from 12:05a to 2:05a on KYW, but those runs will be replaced with CW Primetime, SEAL Team, and Bull, respectively.

Why the laughing reaction? What's funny? Lol.

PHILADELPHIA SYNDICATED CHANGES - FALL 2021

First run - weekdays

• Nick Cannon - Noon on WTXF (FOX - Fox Television Stations; starts Sep. 27)
  • You Bet Your Life - 7:30p on WTXF (FOX - Fox Television Stations; starts Sep. 13)
  • Relative Justice - 2p and 2:30p on WPSG (The CW - CBS Television Stations; starts Sep. 13)
  • The Balancing Act - 6a and 6:30a on WPSG (The CW - CBS Television Stations; starts Sep. 13)
  • Scene of the Crime - 7a on WPSG (The CW - CBS Television Stations; starts Sep. 13)
  • Forensic Justice - 7:30a on WPSG (The CW - CBS Television Stations; starts Sep. 13)

Off-net - weekdays

• Young Sheldon - 7p and 9:30p on WPHL (MyNetworkTV - Nexstar Media Group; starts Sep. 27)
  • Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - 11p on WPSG (The CW - CBS Television Stations; starts Sep. 21)
  • Highway Thru Hell - 3a on WFMZ (Ind. - Maranatha Broadcasting; started Sep. 7)
  • Storage Wars - 4a on WFMZ (Ind. Maranatha Broadcasting; started Sep. 7)*
  • The Liquidator - Not cleared

*Will air from 2p to 4p on Saturdays and 3:30a on Mondays on WPSG, starting Sep. 11

First-run - weekends

• Top 10 - Saturdays at 7p on WFMZ (Ind. - Maranatha Broadcasting; starts Sep. 11)

Off-net - weekends

• SOS: How to Survive - Mondays at 2a on WPHL (MyNetworkTV - Nexstar Media Group; starts Sep. 13)
  • Bull - Sundays at 1:05a on KYW and 6p on WPSG (CBS/The CW - CBS Television Stations; starts Sep. 19)
  • SEAL Team - Saturdays at 6p on WPSG and Sundays at 12:05a on KYW (CBS/The CW - CBS Television Stations; starts Sep. 18-19)
  • S.W.A.T. Saturdays at 3p and Sundays at 1a on WPHL (MyNetworkTV - Nexstar Media Group; starts Sep. 18-19)
  • The Good Doctor - Not cleared

Edited by phillynewslover
  • Thanks 1

S.W.A.T., Seal Team and Bull will all be cleared here for weekend reruns.

Seal Team gets an early evening Saturday timeslot on KNDO-23 beginning 9/25. Bull, on the other hand, gets a bull.... 2:30AM timeslot early Sunday morning...

S.W.A.T. will run on KAPP on Saturday nights.

SOS is not cleared here. As is Storage Wars, Relative Justice, The Balancing Act, or Top 10. And of course, YBYL. No station cleared it here. With 98% of the nation clearing it, baffling decision by all of the stations here. Big late-night star + his bandleader sidekick and still every station turned it down.

7 hours ago, DENDude said:

In Denver- KDVR was announced last month as the station for "You Bet your Life with Jay Leno" but instead KCDO has picked it up.  It will air at 7PM & 7:30PM, it will then Re-Air at 12:36AM on KMGH. 

I’ve never heard tell of a station to back out of a show at the last minute like that.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

I totally understand that Sony is trying to distance itself from Mike but to wipe out Alex's first 75 episodes of S37 just because Richards was there is absolutely inexcusable on the part of Sony.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

And of course, YBYL. No station cleared it here. With 98% of the nation clearing it, baffling decision by all of the stations here. Big late-night star + his bandleader sidekick and still every station turned it down.

This is the time to mention that in Boston - a Top 10 market - there is no station in Boston proper airing YBYL. WMUR has picked it up to air at the puzzling hour of 10:30 AM but still.

If Boston's in that 2%, I think the stations are worried that it may turn into a bust. Everyone jumped on the chance for Celebrity Name Game with another ex-late night host. But maybe they realize YBYL hasn't been profitable since Groucho's last show 60 years ago. Both Buddy Hackett and Bill Cosby failed within months. I wish good luck for Jay Leno nevertheless...three's a charm?

3 hours ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

If Boston's in that 2%, I think the stations are worried that it may turn into a bust. Everyone jumped on the chance for Celebrity Name Game with another ex-late night host. But maybe they realize YBYL hasn't been profitable since Groucho's last show 60 years ago. Both Buddy Hackett and Bill Cosby failed within months. I wish good luck for Jay Leno nevertheless...three's a charm?

9 hours ago, scrabbleship said:

This is the time to mention that in Boston - a Top 10 market - there is no station in Boston proper airing YBYL. WMUR has picked it up to air at the puzzling hour of 10:30 AM but still.

Idk what WFXT's reasoning for not picking it up is but here's why 3 other stations that could have picked it up most likely didn't, other than aforementioned circumstances. 

One station's senior partner doesn't exactly have respect among fans of game shows and then two other stations that could have gotten it probably still have a bad taste in their mouth from the whole Leno experiment in primetime. 

I'm just partially messing around here but still...could be possible. 

• Like 1

WCCB is picking up Chicago Fire for weekend late night…it starts Saturday night the 25th/Sunday the 26th at 1am and 2am, between double runs of MacGyver and Major Crimes.

Also starting tomorrow night WMYA is starting something I’ve never seen a MyNet affiliate do…split their schedule. They are putting You Bet Your Life at 8 and 8:30, followed by the first hour of MyNet at 9. After WLOS’ 10pm news, a double run of DailyMail TV and Funny You Should Ask, The second hour of MyNet won’t be airing until midnight.

Now the evening edition of The National Desk starts the 27th so they’ll be more changes to come if they clear it. They probably won’t clear it all because of WLOS’ 10:00 news bur I imagine WMYA is clearing part of it otherwise it would make more sense to put Feud as part of that primetime block and air MyNet after the news. It actually still make sense to do that. Why not put MyNet from midnight-2 after The National Desk?

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Confused 1