2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

1 minute ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

She was pretty good. At this point, Pat Sajak could probably do both shows without a hitch. Tell viewers "I'll see you on Jeopardy" at the end of Wheel...

That won’t work on WCNC…Jeopardy airs first. I guess it still could but you’ll have to wait til the next day or Monday.

2 minutes ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

KCYU/KFFX in central Washington adds Seinfeld reruns beginning Labor Day. Divorce Court gets dumped from the schedule.

Looks like WAXN is hanging onto Seinfeld.

Would probably make more sense for him to say "See you on Wheel" at the end of Jeopardy, since J! airs first on most Central Time stations since Wheel is required to air in prime access and Jeopardy isn't (quite a few stations in ET/PT air J! first, too). There are a few markets where the shows air on separate stations (one example being Minneapolis; Wheel airs on CBS O&O WCCO, and Jeopardy airs on NBC affiliate KARE)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

She was pretty good. At this point, Pat Sajak could probably do both shows without a hitch. Tell viewers "I'll see you on Jeopardy" at the end of Wheel...

And as for Funny You Should Ask, that awful show needed to be canned two years ago. Jon Lovitz always on there doing mediocre jokes and a $5,000 bonus round? What is this...1971? Brought to you by that guy who brought former TV judges back to do fake court cases. 

KCYU/KFFX in central Washington adds Seinfeld reruns beginning Labor Day. Divorce Court gets dumped from the schedule. That gives KCYU a 4 hour sitcom block in the afternoon/evening. King of Queens double run, 2 Broke Girls double, Seinfeld double, and LMS double. I assume Young Sheldon will NOT air on KCYU with their sitcom-heavy schedule, and my assumptions about KIMA/KEPR getting reruns may be coming true.

Re-enactments of court dealings used to be the standard for court shows like the original Divorce Court, Superior Court and The Judge.  Its cheaper to film court transcripts, which is what I gather these court shows do.   

Also, Funny You Should Ask is awful but its basically Hollywood Squares.  Also, Jon Lovitz was great back in the day.

5 hours ago, phillynewslover said:

since J! airs first on most Central Time stations

All but one Central Time Zone station, actually. The only one that airs Wheel first is KVHP FOX 29 in Lake Charles, LA which airs Wheel at 6:00 and J! at 6:30. That is the only market in the Central Time Zone where those shows air at those times. Wheel airs at 6:30 in every other CT market and J! airs between 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM. 

Also, J! is required to air in prime access in ET/PT, just not CT/MT because it isn't usually possible to put both J! and Wheel there. However, J! is allowed to move to an earlier time slot when it's pre-empted; Wheel is not. Some affiliates will try it anyway, though; KAUZ in Wichita Falls, TX normally double-runs J! at 4:00 and 4:30 CT (Daytime J! first, then the main run, but on occasions when Wheel gets pre-empted, it moves up to 4:30, primary J! moves to 4:00, and Daytime J! doesn't air for the day.

During this year's March Madness, WNEM in Bay City, MI had planned to air J!/WOF at 10 and 10:30 AM in the hour vacated by Let's Make a Deal (which goes off-air on some game days). CBS Media Ventures found out about this, called them, and told them they could not air Wheel that early, so they had to air People at 10:30 instead. Doesn't make sense to me; they would rather Wheel not air at all than a few hours early?

And during the Tokyo Olympics, several West Coast NBC affiliates moved J! to 3 or 4 PM Pacific. Nobody moved Wheel to afternoon slots except for a couple small Mountain Time Zone affiliates: KKCO Grand Junction (4:30 MT) and KPVI Idaho Falls (5:30 MT; they did not carry Olympic Zone)

2 hours ago, ScottJ said:

Pat Sajak isn't going to host Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy,  so there's no point in speculating what his sign-off would be. 

Apparently they didn't want anyone already hosting a game show on the air to guest host Jeopardy!. I would have liked to see Pat do it (again), but I'm sure all the "fanbros" on Twitter who keep gunning for Levar would probably throw a fit.

Edited by WheelWarrior
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

During this year's March Madness, WNEM in Bay City, MI had planned to air J!/WOF at 10 and 10:30 AM in the hour vacated by Let's Make a Deal (which goes off-air on some game days). CBS Media Ventures found out about this, called them, and told them they could not air Wheel that early, so they had to air People at 10:30 instead. Doesn't make sense to me; they would rather Wheel not air at all than a few hours early?

That doesn't make any sense to me; if I was a Wheel Watcher, I would definitely rather see it at 10:30a then completely miss that day's episode.

Another thing I never really got was why Wheel doesn't have a daytime run, but Jeopardy does. Is there a reason why Wheel can't air out of prime access (in CT, at least), and doesn't have a daytime run, but Jeopardy can/does?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, phillynewslover said:

Another thing I never really got was why Wheel doesn't have a daytime run, but Jeopardy does. Is there a reason why Wheel can't air out of prime access (in CT, at least), and doesn't have a daytime run, but Jeopardy can/does?

It's a relic from when Wheel had a daytime version that has remained out of inertia if anything. The involved parties seem to like the status quo more than anything at this point. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, scrabbleship said:

It's a relic from when Wheel had a daytime version that has remained out of inertia if anything. The involved parties seem to like the status quo more than anything at this point. 

Yeah, I think it's really just an "old times" thing.

Wheel was creaming the competition (and J!) in ratings for decades. They probably figured it was so successful with just one airing with a prime access mandate that it wasn't even necessary to give it a secondary run. That all changed once Nielsen began counting multiple runs cumulatively and Judge Judy and Family Feud jumped to the top (both had up to four runs at the time; Feud now has six). Jeopardy! and Daytime Jeopardy! are counted separately in ratings; that's why they're titled differently.

Given that Wheel very rarely tops the game show ratings now (usually only when there's an upset such as breaking news or a trial pre-empting everything pre-7:00 ET), it's really high time they start rolling out another Wheel run. CBS TVD actually almost did for the 2012-13 season, but they backed out for some reason. It is known that it was meant for early fringe and would not have been allowed to be paired with Daytime Jeopardy!

At the very least, CBS MV/Sony should put out a "recommendation" that if a station carries both runs of J! and Wheel, Daytime J! should be used as a defacto "alternate slot" for Wheel if it's pre-empted in its regular slot. You have WDAF in Kansas City double running J! at 2:00 and 2:30 CT every weekday very rarely with any problems (especially since FOX rarely carries breaking news on the non-O&O's), yet Wheel has to air at 11:00 PM or later at least once a week from September-December for NFL and MLB pregame, and for the full week before the Super Bowl if the Chiefs play. They do generally move Wheel's Weekend run to Saturday or Sunday afternoon when FOX has evening sports (I've seen them air it as early as 12:30 PM CT), so I wish they and others would do that on weekdays. KMVT in Twin Falls, Idaho replaced Daytime J! with Wheel at 4:00 MT when it was pre-empted by the March Madness finals earlier this year.

Edited by WheelWarrior
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

Yeah, I think it's really just an "old times" thing.

Wheel was creaming the competition (and J!) in ratings for decades. They probably figured it was so successful with just one airing with a prime access mandate that it wasn't even necessary to give it a secondary run. That all changed once Nielsen began counting multiple runs cumulatively and Judge Judy and Family Feud jumped to the top (both had up to four runs at the time; Feud now has six). Jeopardy! and Daytime Jeopardy! are counted separately in ratings; that's why they're titled differently.

Given that Wheel very rarely tops the game show ratings now (usually only when there's an upset such as breaking news or a trial pre-empting everything pre-7:00 ET), it's really high time they start rolling out another Wheel run. CBS TVD actually almost did for the 2012-13 season, but they backed out for some reason. It is known that it was meant for early fringe and would not have been allowed to be paired with Daytime Jeopardy!

At the very least, CBS MV/Sony should put out a "recommendation" that if a station carries both runs of J! and Wheel, Daytime J! should be used as a defacto "alternate slot" for Wheel if it's pre-empted in its regular slot. You have WDAF in Kansas City double running J! at 2:00 and 2:30 CT every weekday very rarely with any problems (especially since FOX rarely carries breaking news on the non-O&O's), yet Wheel has to air at 11:00 PM or later at least once a week from September-December for NFL and MLB pregame, and for the full week before the Super Bowl if the Chiefs play. They do generally move Wheel's Weekend run to Saturday or Sunday afternoon when FOX has evening sports (I've seen them air it as early as 12:30 PM CT), so I wish they and others would do that on weekdays. KMVT in Twin Falls, Idaho replaced Daytime J! with Wheel at 4:00 MT when it was pre-empted by the March Madness finals earlier this year.

Would be nice if WCNC could air Daytime Jeopardy and a Daytime Wheel at 3 and 3:30 now that Judge Judy has ended. They could be keeping the reruns but I’m not sure.

WAXN so far still only airs four Family Feuds for some reason. 

15 hours ago, ScottJ said:

I believe that YBYL special is available for all affiliates to air, not just the Fox O&Os, so keep an eye out for that in the listings for markets where an affiliate hasn't been announced yet. The air window runs from 8/27-9/19. https://syndication.extremereach.com/library/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/08/You-Bet-Your-Life-Preview-Special-HTFC.pdf

Just saw on Zap2it that it is airing on WJZY on September 10 at 11:30am…that might just be its regular time slot…

It has not been announced by the station but according to the Zap2it and TV Passport listings they are planning on expanding Good Day Charlotte to the 9am hour starting September 7 (not the 6th) which would  slide Rachael Ray and 25 Words or Less x2 back an hour to 10am and 11am. So YBYL could take over the 11:30 slot on the 13th.

Now according to TV Passport they are starting GDC at 4am. But zap2it still has Extra at 4am. This wouldn’t start til Tuesday the 7th.

Since it hasn’t been announced by anyone at the station I don’t know if it’s official, I am just posting what I saw on TV Passport and zap2it.

The YBYL special is also airing on WMYA on September 7 at 9:30am and on September 9 at 6pm according to Zap2it.

Edited by Nelson R.

Updated WCCB schedule as of September 6:

10am Steve Wilkos (replaces syndicated Jerry Springer)

11am Maury (replaces Steve Wilkos)

Noon Jerry Springer (replaces Maury, not sure if this is syndicated or CW but I think it’s syndicated because I noticed that Jerry Springer is gone from WLFL’s schedule that week)

1pm Steve Wilkos (replaces CW Jerry Springer)

2pm Maury (replaces Steve Wilkos)

3pm Drew Barrymore (replaces Maury)

4pm Ellen (replaces Drew Barrymore)

5pm Kelly Clarkson (replaces Ellen, moves from WMYT)

1am Kelly Clarkson (replaces Drew repeat)

3:30am Drew Barrymore repeat (replaces Forensic Files and Friends)

My question is it says on Nick Cannon’s website that it is going to be at 4pm, that might be a typo, why would they move Ellen again? 

Edited by Nelson R.

9 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Noon Jerry Springer (replaces Maury, not sure if this is syndicated or CW but I think it’s syndicated because I noticed that Jerry Springer is gone from WLFL’s schedule that week

Syndicated. There's no more CW Springer. They sold the time slot back to the affiliates in exchange for running on Saturday nights.

Edited by Adam MadMan

2 minutes ago, Adam MadMan said:

Syndicated. There's no more CW Springer. They sold the time slot back to the affiliates in exchange for running on Saturday nights.

I know but I thought they might be running the CW Springer temporarily at noon for a few more weeks since the CW Saturday night doesn’t start til October 2.

Edited by Nelson R.

On 8/28/2021 at 10:48 AM, Nelson R. said:

I know but I thought they might be running the CW Springer temporarily at noon for a few more weeks since the CW Saturday night doesn’t start til October 2.

The last CW Springer will feed on Friday, September 3. The network will no longer provide the daytime hour as of Monday, September 6. So whatever WCCB is doing, they are doing with syndicated product.

• Like 1

Just now, carolinanews4 said:

The last CW Springer will feed on Friday, September 3. The network will no longer provide the daytime hour as of Monday, September 6. So whatever WCCB is doing, they are doing with syndicated product.

That answers my question. I figured that was the case and the network was giving the affiliates some leeway since the Saturday night programming doesn’t start until Saturday October 2.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

That answers my question. I figured that was the case and the network was giving the affiliates some leeway since the Saturday night programming doesn’t start until Saturday October 2.

Yes, I believe it was designed to give affiliates flexibility in adding syndicated product. Waiting until October to give back the daytime hour would have made acquiring new product difficult since you couldn't clear it until several weeks into the new season.

• Like 1

You Bet Your Life will be on KREM 2 in Spokane (prime access to boot!), but Zap2It shows absolutely nothing for the Yakima channels. I hope someone cleared it and it hasn't been added yet to the schedules. I'd love to check it out, since Kevin Eubanks will be back, and Jay will be doing a lot of the skits that he did on the old Tonight Show.

Edited by VHSgoodiesWA

2 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Relative Justice clearances are out. It did not get picked up in Charlotte. Thought it might go to WMYT or WAXN.

KSTW CW11 in Seattle, but no pick-up in Yakima/Tri-Cities. A lot of new syndicated shows go uncleared in this small market. I don't mind, it's another court show I don't have to see, but on the other hand, Access Hollywood has gone uncleared in this market for some 10 to 15 years and counting...