2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

1 hour ago, Nelson R. said:

This is the first affiliate I have heard of to move LMAD to the afternoon. It makes much more sense at 10/9, unless an affiliate airs a game show after it at 4/3. But is Drew live at 10/9?

Drew is live at 9am eastern but with Chicago airing it at 9a CENTRAL (it'll be 10a EST) means it's already in the can by then.

Yesterday was the first day of taping for the new season. I'm surprised they actually went through with it as scheduled, given the controversy and possibility he'd have to step down/be fired. According to Variety, he'll continue as executive producer. I'm not sure if that's a good idea, but it is what it is.

4 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

This is the first affiliate I have heard of to move LMAD to the afternoon. It makes much more sense at 10/9, unless an affiliate airs a game show after it at 4/3. But is Drew live at 10/9?

WCCO has been doing this for years since the launch of their 9am newscast, LMAD leads into Dr. Phil. 

5 hours ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Robert Feder is reporting that WBBM in Chicago is swapping Drew Barrymore and Let's Make a Deal on Aug. 30, with Drew moving to 9 and LMAD to 2.

4 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

3 minutes ago, noggi said:

WCCO has been doing this for years since the launch of their 9am newscast, LMAD leads into Dr. Phil. 

Most of the CBS affiliates in the Central time zone carry LMAD at 2pm (after The Talk). It'll be sad to lose that two hour game show block in Chicago. I guess was they move Drew to the morning so it wouldn't compete with Clarkson on Channel 5. And even with move, it ain't going to make any difference (the ratings are low anyway), as many watch the WGN Morning News & Live with Kelly & Ryan on that slot. 

A few years ago, Orlando affiliate WKMG moved LMAD from 10am to 3pm to lead in with their (at the time) new 4pm newscast. Could LMAD be a strong show at 2pm on Channel 2? We'll just see.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

CBS affiliates have the choice to air Let's Make a Deal at either 10A Eastern / 9A Central or at 3P Eastern / 2P Central. While most choose to pair it with The Price is Right, there are plenty of stations that choose an afternoon run. For the most part, the scheduling harkens back to whatever timeslot the station was using to air Guiding Light. That show was also permitted to air in the mornings or afternoon, and was ultimately cancelled to make room for Let's Make a Deal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, carolinanews4 said:

CBS affiliates have the choice to air Let's Make a Deal at either 10A Eastern / 9A Central or at 3P Eastern / 2P Central. While most choose to pair it with The Price is Right, there are plenty of stations that choose an afternoon run. For the most part, the scheduling harkens back to whatever timeslot the station was using to air Guiding Light. That show was also permitted to air in the mornings or afternoon, and was ultimately cancelled to make room for Let's Make a Deal.

Yes I’m aware, I just had not heard of a station moving it from the morning to the afternoon. WBTV moved it from 3 to 10 in 2013.

Edited by Nelson R.

On 8/19/2021 at 9:58 PM, Nelson R. said:

WCCB is replacing Millionaire at 4am starting Monday the 30th with Friends.

Looks like the Millionaire reruns may be done for good after the 27th, because that episode is the series finale. WLNY is replacing it with encores of ET (first airs on sister WCBS) starting the 30th.

WCBS is keeping Judge Judy at 4:00 and 4:30 as of 9/13, but it looks like the 10:00/10:30 PM encores on WLNY will be gone; they're not listed on Xfinity Remote starting that day. (EDIT: never mind, they are now)

What's also not listed starting 9/13 is Daytime Jeopardy! on WABC. I was curious as to whether they would air the entirety of last season like usual or just stick to a loop of Trebek episodes; same for J! Weekend.

Also, possibly in the wake of the Mike Richards controversy, the listing for 9/13's main airing of J! is not listed as a new episode, unlike Wheel of Fortune's airing. However, J! did tape one week of episodes with Mike, and Wheel of Fortune taped at least four weeks as of now (plus the entirety of Celebrity WOF Season 2).

Edited by WheelWarrior
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, WheelWarrior said:

Looks like the Millionaire reruns may be done for good after the 27th, because that episode is the series finale. WLNY is replacing it with encores of ET (first airs on sister WCBS) starting the 30th.

WCBS is keeping Judge Judy at 4:00 and 4:30 as of 9/13, but it looks like the 10:00/10:30 PM encores on WLNY will be gone; they're not listed on Xfinity Remote starting that day.

What's also not listed starting 9/13 is Daytime Jeopardy! on WABC. I was curious as to whether they would air the entirety of last season like usual or just stick to a loop of Trebek episodes; same for J! Weekend.

Also, possibly in the wake of the Mike Richards controversy, the listing for 9/13's main airing of J! is not listed as a new episode, unlike Wheel of Fortune's airing. However, J! did tape one week of episodes with Mike, and Wheel of Fortune taped at least four weeks as of now (plus the entirety of Celebrity WOF Season 2).

Yeah I think that Millionaire will be done after next week. Was hoping that WCNC would replace the 12:30 Judge Judy with Daytime Jeopardy but it doesn’t look like that is going to be the case. I can’t find any listings past two weeks out.

Edited by Nelson R.

25 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Yeah I think that Millionaire will be done after next week. Was hoping that WCNC would replace the 12:30 Judge Judy with Daytime Jeopardy but it doesn’t look like that is going to be the case. I can’t find any listings past two weeks out.

KTXA in Dallas is getting rid of it as well, replacing it with Hot Bench.

However, Millionaire is still listed on the CW Plus schedule at 6:00 and 6:30 AM weekdays. Could be a placeholder until they change it to something else, though.

1 hour ago, WheelWarrior said:

Spoke a bit too soon. It's moving from 2:05 AM to 2:20 AM on WABC starting 9/13 (technically 14). Like with the main run, no episode info listed yet.

I thought that a Little Late repeats were ending in Sep? Wood TV is airing TMZ at 1:30AM as someone already said, which is run at 10:30PM on sister TV station WXSP.

CW7: As of Aug 30 25 Words Or Less will be on for a full hour 5PM to 6PM, Family Guy 11PM & 12:30AM, Bob's Burger 11:30PM & 1AM I'm thinking there just place holders if CW7 gets the lesser shows Highway Thru Hell, The Liquidator will not know until I see it on TVPassport when mid/late Sep comes. Those shows will either be on CW7 or WXSP I'd be surprised if WXMI Fox17 aired those shows.

WMYT changes starting September 6

Extra replaces Access Hollywood at 12:30pm

Dateline replaces Dr. Oz at 1pm (11am run remains on WJZY for now but I have a hunch this is where YBYL is going)

Dr. Oz replaces Kelly Clarkson at 3pm

Dish Nation moves over from WJZY, still at 1am, replaces an infomercial

Access Hollywood replaces an infomercial at 1:30am

Kelly Clarkson is going to WCCB…

Source: Zap2it

Looks like TMZ Live, People’s Court and Judge Mathis are staying on WJZY for yet another year as all those shows start new seasons that day. And the latter two keep their runs on WMYT. They need to just be on WMYT. 

Edited by Nelson R.
Kelly Clarkson is going to WCCB…

5 minutes ago, phillynewslover said:

The Hollywood Reporter says Mayim Bialik will get the job (this screenshot from the TVNT Discord).

image.png

That screenshot says she'll be "the first guest host".... not get the permanent job.

• Like 1