2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

1 hour ago, CLETVFan said:

What kind of shop are they running at The Doctors?  This is like the third host to sue over the years...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CLETVFan said:

If it doesn't get renewed even with this, I'll be surprised. It's the only first run syndie show not made by Entertainment Studios that gets a rating of less than 1!

16 minutes ago, Glimmer said:

Article says not til next fall, which lines up with what the Katz spreadsheet has been saying. But this makes the ABC cancellation all the more mind boggling. They could’ve had a Season 6 and made more money. Unless that is a typo, like the “no Season 5” statement is.

It will likely go to WCCB here, it’s a perfect fit with “Mom “and Katy Mixon’s previous sitcom “Mike and Molly.”

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Not a syndicated program but it could be replaced with one…this is a huge deal in Chicago…https://www.robertfeder.com/2021/07/21/abc-7-cancels-windy-city-live-10-years-great-television/

As said in the other thread, I'd be surprised if Tamron Hall doesn't replace it. They are either one of the only or the only ABC O&O that doesn't carry the show.

• Like 3

Here are the launch groups for Relative Justice with Rhonda Wills, produced by Wrigley Media Group (includes my speculation on the Philadelphia area):

• CBS Television Stations (this would be either KYW or WPSG... WPSG could air it anywhere from 6a to 8a, and KYW could at 2:37a; neither are good timeslots)
  • Sinclair Broadcast Group 
  • Nexstar Media Group (WPHL; could air at 10:30a/4:30p, 11a/4p, or 11:30a/5p, as three court shows air in those timeslots twice)
  • E.W. Scripps Company
  • Tegna Inc.
  • Weigel Broadcasting
  • Gray Television

I believe this is the first show produced by Wrigley Media Group; it will be the first syndicated show to be produced in Kentucky, where the company is headquartered. An abandoned movie theater was converted into the show's studio. Lou Dennig will serve as executive producer; he has worked on several successful court shows like Judge Judy, Divorce Court, and Judge Joe Brown.

Just now, phillynewslover said:

Here are the launch groups for Relative Justice with Rhonda Wills, produced by Wrigley Media Group (includes my speculation on the Philadelphia area):

• CBS Television Stations (this would be either KYW or WPSG... WPSG could air it anywhere from 6a to 8a, and KYW could at 2:37a; neither are good timeslots)
  • Sinclair Broadcast Group 
  • Nexstar Media Group (WPHL; could air at 10:30a/4:30p, 11a/4p, or 11:30a/5p, as three court shows air in those timeslots twice)
  • E.W. Scripps Company
  • Tegna Inc.
  • Weigel Broadcasting
  • Gray Television

I believe this is the first show produced by Wrigley Media Group; it will be the first syndicated show to be produced in Kentucky, where the company is headquartered. An abandoned movie theater was converted into the show's studio. Lou Dennig will serve as executive producer; he has worked on several successful court shows like Judge Judy, Divorce Court, and Judge Joe Brown.

It will likely be on WMYT in Charlotte.

I'm guessing that The CW Daytime will end on 13TH or 20TH just my opinion as new shows debut on Sep 13, 20 & 27.

Relative Justice will be on CW7 or WXSP, Highway Throu Hell as well. I'm kinda surprised that no promos for Young Shelton yet since that is a big sitcom.

For the next 2 weeks Rachel Ray moves to WOTV at 12PM which is always her slot when Wood TV has the Olympics on, along with Ellen at 3PM. I didn't see Inside Edition listed so that maybe off for the next 2 weeks not sure on that thou.

7 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

I'm guessing that The CW Daytime will end on 13TH or 20TH just my opinion as new shows debut on Sep 13, 20 & 27.

Relative Justice will be on CW7 or WXSP, Highway Throu Hell as well. I'm kinda surprised that no promos for Young Shelton yet since that is a big sitcom.

For the next 2 weeks Rachel Ray moves to WOTV at 12PM which is always her slot when Wood TV has the Olympics on, along with Ellen at 3PM. I didn't see Inside Edition listed so that maybe off for the next 2 weeks not sure on that thou.

CW Daytime will likely go through the week of the 20th since the Saturday night programming doesn’t start til October 2. 

Young Sheldon promos have begun in earnest on both WJZY and WMYT here, both stations are airing it. WJZY’s version is slightly different as it indicates that it will be paired with BBT. But WMYT’s just says “Young Sheldon coming this fall 5 nights a week.” But both have the older Sheldon with Amy watching the younger Sheldon on TV. YS will not be starting til September 27 and the same for YBYL.

5 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

So much for Tamron Hall replacing Windy City Live. Another local show called Daytime Chicago will be replacing it. Rachael Ray will move to the afternoons. https://tvnewscheck.com/more-news/journalism/article/tonya-francisco-and-amy-rutledge-to-host-wgns-daytime-chicago-this-fall/

Daytime Chicago is bumping Rachael Ray at 10am on WGN not Windy City Live on WLS. 

2 minutes ago, NBC 5 Chicago said:

Daytime Chicago is bumping Rachael Ray at 10am on WGN not Windy City Live on WLS. 

I fixed it. Tdog threw me off in his tweet because he said “Goodbye Windy City Live, Hello Daytime Chicago”.

Edited by Nelson R.

Just now, phillynewslover said:

Speaking of that, though, I wonder if they might try to get Rachael Ray in addition to/instead of Tamron? Most of the O&O’s have that show too. 

The article specifically said Rachael Ray was moving to the afternoons. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Glimmer said:

Can't remember the last time a lame duck station was thanked in a show's station move; makes me wonder if WCIU agreed to let Tamron (which was apparently doing well for them) go in exchange for other Disney programming.

The only other Disney show on WLS’ schedule is Kelly and Ryan, I doubt WCIU ends up with that but stranger things have happened. Now I could see WCIU get American Housewife reruns next year which are owned by Disney.

WCIU has a good relationship with the other stations in town. Still, a little odd for such a mention, but remember that ABC 7 aired news on The U for 4.5, and the elimination of it was mutually beneficial. There are no hard feelings there.

• Like 1