2021-22 Syndicated News

CLETVFan

I thought I would start a thread for the upcoming fall syndication season as opposed to continuing in one from last year.

Anyway, I have already seen promos for Young Sheldon, You Bet Your Life and Nick Cannon on WBNX.  It's safe to say that all of the big shows are going to be on 55.

Wonder what the other Cleveland stations are doing this fall?

11 hours ago, CLETVFan said:

I thought I would start a thread for the upcoming fall syndication season as opposed to continuing in one from last year.

Anyway, I have already seen promos for Young Sheldon, You Bet Your Life and Nick Cannon on WBNX.  It's safe to say that all of the big shows are going to be on 55.

Wonder what the other Cleveland stations are doing this fall?

I don’t live in Cleveland but here’s WBNX’s fall schedule. Nick Cannon will air at 2pm. Young Sheldon at 4 and 6:30pm (both following The Goldbergs) and You Bet Your Life at 8 and 8:30. Young Sheldon will also air weekends, Saturday nights at 7:30 and Sunday nights at 6:30, also following The Goldbergs. 

As for my market, Charlotte, as I said in last year’s thread, it’s been confirmed via on air promos that WJZY and WMYT will share Young Sheldon, and that WJZY will air You Bet Your Life. No word on Nick Cannon but they might have that show too since FTS still owned the stations when they they signed on for the show.

Don’t know about the other Charlotte stations. There could be some shows moving around stations. Nexstar demoted Kelly Clarkson, The Real and Dr. Oz to WMYT in February when WJZY launched their noon and 4pm news. Also WCCB will have 1pm open (3pm in most markets) with the CW Jerry Springer run going away.

Edited by Nelson R.

What I know for Philadelphia so far (will make an updated post later this summer).

KYW

No known changes

WPVI

No known changes

WCAU 

No known changes

WTXF

Pictionary at 1p for this week and next week (25WOL moves to 12:30 and 1:30)

Nick Cannon at 12p (displaces The Feed AT Night replay and Judge Judy rerun)

You Bet Your Life (timeslot unknown)

WPHL

Young Sheldon premieres on September 27 (timeslot unknown; 6:30p is my guess but that could be wrong)

WPSG

Botched reruns at noon (at least temporarily), replacing Jerry Springer (the CW Daytime episode still airs at 1p but that will be gone soon too)

Curious to see where You Bet Your Life will go on WTXF. While it was stated that most stations were airing it between 5p and 8p, I think they might air a double run at 4p. If they're not continuing with Judge Judy after she goes into just reruns, they'll have to find something for the 4:00 slot. A 4p newscast could also be the replacement (KYW, WCAU, WPVI, and even WFMZ already have them).  

Set the 3 hour extension for the All-Star game in case it was rain delayed  (I know, Denver) but I also wanted to look for promos and caught this one right at the end of Access Hollywood. It sounds like Young Sheldon will be taking TMZ’s place at 7 on WJZY,  paired with Big Bang Theory.

So I guess YBYL will go either in the morning or afternoon. 

8AFD2A0A-608C-4070-B892-03151859BCF8.jpeg

Edited by Nelson R.

On 7/13/2021 at 10:34 PM, Glimmer said:

In Milwaukee...WITI is adding Nick Cannon (no timeslot known at the moment) and You Bet Your Life (weeknights at 10:35pm) this fall

Probably the same as last year for Nick; 1pm, as they had to put two-week delayed repeats of "Wendy" on for the season instead.

And expect if YBYL doesn't do well within merely a month, "Seinfeld" will return to 10:35 post-haste (Milwaukee viewers stubbornly like their "Seinfeld" double-shot there since WITI first picked it up for syndication and outside the "Arsenio" season, they've been adverse to move it).

5 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

And expect if YBYL doesn't do well within merely a month, "Seinfeld" will return to 10:35 post-haste (Milwaukee viewers stubbornly like their "Seinfeld" double-shot there since WITI first picked it up for syndication and outside the "Arsenio" season, they've been adverse to move it).

If it ain’t broke, why fix it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phillynewslover said:

Will Highway Thru Hell be in syndication on weekends only or weekdays as well? 

I looked on the Katz spreadsheet and I couldn’t really tell. It did say it would be an hour long.

17 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

I looked on the Katz spreadsheet and I couldn’t really tell. It did say it would be an hour long.

Yes, it is an hour long. The Weather Channel currently airs it a lot on the weekends. Maybe it will be in weekend syndication too? 

9 hours ago, phillynewslover said:

Yes, it is an hour long. The Weather Channel currently airs it a lot on the weekends. Maybe it will be in weekend syndication too? 

It seems like the type of show that will be on weekends only. Like Weather Gone Viral and Wipeout.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

It seems like the type of show that will be on weekends only. Like Weather Gone Viral and Wipeout.

I agree. I think it will probably be on the same stations as Weather Gone Viral too, since they are both The Weather Channel shows. Currently, WPSG airs WGV at 2p on Saturdays. AFAIK, Wipeout airs on WPVI at 2a on Sunday mornings, although I doubt HTH will go to any ABC O&O's.

I wonder when the acquisition of the Meredith stations goes through, if the existing Gray stations will pick up “People”? If they did, in the case of WBTV I can’t see them ditching or moving “On Your Side With Jamie Boll.” I suppose they could shorten “QC at 3” to 30 minutes but I don’t see a place for it on their schedule other than at 1:37 in the morning.

1 hour ago, Nelson R. said:

I wonder when the acquisition of the Meredith stations goes through, if the existing Gray stations will pick up “People”? If they did, in the case of WBTV I can’t see them ditching or moving “On Your Side With Jamie Boll.” I suppose they could shorten “QC at 3” to 30 minutes but I don’t see a place for it on their schedule other than at 1:37 in the morning.

I would expect KSLA to do the same.  

On 7/16/2021 at 6:48 PM, phillynewslover said:

Will Highway Thru Hell be in syndication on weekends only or weekdays as well? 

I read that Highway Thru Hell is going to air 5 days a week from B&C article and that Top 10 & SOS How To Survive gets the weekend run.

You Bet Your Life is the only promo I have seen for the fall no time given from WXMI Fox17 as I said in the other thread. I also wonder if WZZM is going to air Judge Judy repeats or go with 4PM Newscast in the fall. I'm kinda surprised that Judge Judy's last week isn't going to be all new as I see repeats in the 4PM & 4:30PM on the TV guide for Monday.

7 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

I read that Highway Thru Hell is going to air 5 days a week from B&C article and that Top 10 & SOS How To Survive gets the weekend run.

You Bet Your Life is the only promo I have seen for the fall no time given from WXMI Fox17 as I said in the other thread.

Interesting. I imagine it will air on mostly CW and MNTV stations. Maybe WPSG could get it at 1p to replace the CW Daytime Springer run.

WTXF has not said the time they’ll be airing YBYL either. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

I don’t think they have said what week the CW stops programming Jerry Springer from 3-4pm (1-2 for WCCB) but I guess it would be September 27 since the CW starts their Saturday night programming October 2.

WPSG airs it at 1p too. I always thought that was the normal time - I know Robert Irvine and Bill Cunningham were in the 3p slot, though.

Just now, phillynewslover said:

WPSG airs it at 1p too. I always thought that was the normal time - I know Robert Irvine and Bill Cunningham were in the 3p slot, though.

Yeah WCCB actually aired the CW Springer at 2 for a while until last year. 

Just now, Nelson R. said:

Yeah WCCB actually aired the CW Springer at 2 for a while until last year. 

I can get why WCCB would air it at a different slot since they used to be Fox so they have "better" programming - are they the only CW affiliate that airs Ellen?

6 minutes ago, phillynewslover said:

I can get why WCCB would air it at a different slot since they used to be Fox so they have "better" programming - are they the only CW affiliate that airs Ellen?

Pretty sure they are…they have aired it at 5 since the beginning. But other than Drew and Ellen, they have mostly only had Maury, Wilkos and Jerry since getting the CW. They even had them when they had Fox. They had three runs of Maury for a while but cut one of them out this past year to make room for Drew. 

Edited by Nelson R.

56 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Pretty sure they are…they have aired it at 5 since the beginning. But other than Drew and Ellen, they have mostly only had Maury, Wilkos and Jerry since getting the CW. They even had them when they had Fox. They had three runs of Maury for a while but cut one of them out this past year to make room for Drew. 

No. KPXJ has Ellen as well.

• Thanks 1