A tour of WLII's (mostly completed) news set (in Spanish)

kimmykun

It was the old studio of Las Noticias Univisión, with a new desk, and better use of the space of the studio. Glad to see they kept the newsroom studio like the classic. I have so many feelings about this relaunch.

5 hours ago, TSSZNews said:

Maybe I'm just over every set now being a video wall, but there's something about the simplicity and purity of that blue newsroom that feels refreshing.

Agreed. That main studio has been like that since Univision moved WLII to Guaynabo in 2010. So the studio is 11 years old. It was very well refreshed. Luckily Univision didn't throw away anything in 2014 when they closed WLII's news department.

15 hours ago, kimmykun said:

The 2010 set was so bad. Univision's fortunes at channel 11 must've already been in the toilet by then for them to build such a cheap, ugly set. 

They weren't that bad. I remember when they announced the new studio before they moved to 64 Carazo, that they would be having a set that was like the network news, and we ended up with the first incarnation of the set.

Archived