Rude comments

Liugrad2020

I don’t think there are many users here who are rude. However there are dedicated spaces and rules here to keep conversations on track, and avoid the regular topics from descending into pure speculation (Speculatron 9000). A disregard of the terms of use and rules is actually quite rude imo.

Not an attack, just an observation. I think you’re a great member.

31 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

I don’t think there are many users here who are rude. However there are dedicated spaces and rules here to keep conversations on track, and avoid the regular topics from descending into pure speculation (Speculatron 9000). A disregard of the terms of use and rules is actually quite rude imo.

Not an attack, just an observation. I think you’re a great member.

Okay. I see your point. Sometimes it’s easy to get side tracked although as long as someone politely points it out it’s not an issue for me 😃.

2 hours ago, Liugrad2020 said:

Some of the comments I find to be quite rude and in poor taste. I think having manners is a good idea. Don’t you all think so as well?

I can see both sides of this. Sometimes the convo does get off track. Other times, I think it's hard to convey emotion in text like we can verbally- as the reader consumes the reply in the tone they want to read it in not necessarily how the commenter meant for it to come across.

On another thread, I asked what I now realize was not the most well thought question, and the replies reflected that. My hope was that they understand I was asking because the subject was not my forte and I was genuinely wanting to know and understand a little better. One of the great things about this forum is that it is a chance to converse, share, deliberate, and sometimes spar; but also a good chance to learn a thing or two as well!

Archived