New York News Trivia

Liugrad2020

Does anyone remember a time when the evening anchors appeared on a morning broadcast as a result of a major breaking news story? Examples I know of are when Michele Marsh and John Johnson co-anchored at least part of Channel 2 News This Morning during the Blizzard of 96, when Jim Witkins co-anchored part of the PIX 11 morning news the week of 9/11 and I think Chuck Scarborough co-anchored part of the morning coverage when Hurricane Irene made landfall in the truck state area in August of 2011 on a Sunday Morning. 

Just now, Liugrad2020 said:

Does anyone remember a time when the evening anchors appeared on a morning broadcast as a result of a major breaking news story? Examples I know of are when Michele Marsh and John Johnson co-anchored at least part of Channel 2 News This Morning during the Blizzard of 96, when Jim Witkins co-anchored part of the PIX 11 morning news the week of 9/11 and I think Chuck Scarborough co-anchored part of the morning coverage when Hurricane Irene made landfall in the truck state area in August of 2011 on a Sunday Morning. 

Also can’t forget the times that Bill Ritter filled in on mornings during Christmas as well as at least a couple of other times.

Archived