NBC O&O Graphics - 2021 Look S

NBC 5 Chicago

On 9/21/2021 at 9:08 PM, Requiere said:

Yeah, 136 days to be exact. Don't know about some of the Telemundo stations either. Will Telemundo stations that are not o&o but have the old Telemundo graphics receive look s?

WKAQ hasn't rolled out yet.

Some extra screenshots if anyone's interested from this morning's newscast...

image.thumb.png.015a9a0bd5d8f980f0e46c51fb0ef0a8.png

image.thumb.png.e845e9b0be77cef8bf6d2cb2a9b3f75a.png

image.thumb.png.bf38289215eb5cedad628b4806bded5a.png

So far I don't see any fancy new bumpers or variations in design... However, a point to note is that they've removed the "San Diego" part of the logo in their news open, while they added back the "San Diego" part of the logo in their bug. (In Look N this was reversed).

Speaking of the logo, I think the KNSD logo is refreshed... It seems like the they have a new font for the letters "San Diego". The top right part of the "7" on the left logo is also "cut apart", unlike the one on the right where there is an angle visible in the top right part of the "7". I'm not sure if this is just a bug or it's a new logo designed by NBC...

image.png.879b706c8d77c02ec0614555febc0500.png

Tbh I hope they used the new LA Groove update cuts on KNBC and WTVJ but oh well I guess they stayed with the old one...

Edited by ref1997

1 hour ago, ref1997 said:

So far I don't see any fancy new bumpers or variations in design... However, a point to note is that they've removed the "San Diego" part of the logo in their news open, while they added back the "San Diego" part of the logo in their bug. (In Look N this was reversed).

Speaking of the logo, I think the KNSD logo is refreshed... It seems like the they have a new font for the letters "San Diego". The top right part of the "7" on the left logo is also "cut apart", unlike the one on the right where there is an angle visible in the top right part of the "7". I'm not sure if this is just a bug or it's a new logo designed by NBC...

Tbh I hope they used the new LA Groove update cuts on KNBC and WTVJ but oh well I guess they stayed with the old one...

Cuts? It's one cut. Used over and over and over and over and...

3 hours ago, ref1997 said:

The logo isn't new it was used during the 2012 Olympics 

On 10/5/2021 at 5:35 AM, ref1997 said:

It seems they really are only using that logo variant in the bug. Everywhere else the logo appears is the non notched 7.

• 2 weeks later...

WRC is STILL in Look N but hey it seems they've started to import little tid bits of Look S graphics into their rundown templates... Take a look at the Look S banner below the top bar from this morning... Feels like they're switching to Look S very very soon...

image.thumb.png.f70868d6dffd89e6a9edc621f309a609.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ref1997 said:

WRC is STILL in Look N but hey it seems they've started to import little tid bits of Look S graphics into their rundown templates... Take a look at the Look S banner below the top bar from this morning... Feels like they're switching to Look S very very soon...

image.thumb.png.f70868d6dffd89e6a9edc621f309a609.png

Just curious, with the network moving form Nebraska Ave, could WRC be building a new studio in the old MTP space, for instance, and will roll out the new graphics at the sea time as launching a new studio?  Just wondering out loud....

From what I have been seeing, the only things that have gone to Look S is the show promos (Kelly, Ellen, etc.), their I-Team promo and just this morning, their 5-second ID for Morgan & Morgan. I wouldn't be surprised if they started implementing the look by the start of November sweeps.  

I saw the new opening. Their News logo is not "News 4" logo anymore.  That logo says "4 NBC News" like WNBC's confusing News 4 New York logo basically. I see why they delayed the new graphics so long. 

Edited by jero23
  • Like 1