NBC O&O Graphics - 2021 Look S

NBC 5 Chicago

On 7/28/2021 at 8:59 PM, ref1997 said:

Yeah I saw this promo popping up on KNSD featuring Look S backdrops.

unknown.png

Aug 9 and they still on Look N.

with the other stations that still haven’t debuted the new look, you’d think it’s embarrassing now that the olympics are over.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, SFTV said:

Aug 9 and they still on Look N.

with the other stations that still haven’t debuted the new look, you’d think it’s embarrassing now that the olympics are over.

WRC will get them in time for the Winter Olympics…

Nobody seems to complain - everyone there’s focused on reporting the news…

J

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I hate speculation… but…

A lot of recent graphics rollouts have come with upgrades to new CG systems. For example, Fox had major issues with the new Chyron Prime system which delayed launches at a lot of stations. 

There could be some kind of hardware upgrades coming along with these graphics and that’s why the rollout might be slow and staggered and not lining up with new set launches. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like NECN has switched to Look S graphics for their weather, judging by their graphic card on top...

unknown.png

Btw their bug still clashes with WBTS L3s during simulcasts... However it feels like they're not making any adjustments any time soon, at least resize the bug...😐

unknown.png

Edited by ref1997
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Wilo said:

Why do their graphics look like that? the font is weird and transitions are lazy...looks ugly.

They do look weird. Hopefully when they move buildings, the systems there are better and run flawlessly.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Amra said:

They do look weird. Hopefully when they move buildings, the systems there are better and run flawlessly.

I'm going to guess they're so low budget at this point that they're doing all the graphics, etc through a TriCaster or something like that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bsean said:

Any thoughts on when the remaining stations will switch over? I thought they would switch at the start of the new TV season, but that has now passed. Lol.

Besides KNSD, which stations still need to roll out?

also the olympics are over, they still rockin them rings on most O&Os

3 minutes ago, SFTV said:

Besides KNSD, which stations still need to roll out?

also the olympics are over, they still rockin them rings on most O&Os

The O&Os still have the rings on because with the Winter Olympics only a few months away, there's no use turning them off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, nothing said:

Washington as well

I just watched a news piece on a closing of a well-known Wendy's at "Dave Thomas Circle". And I'm shocked to see WRC still using the 2016 gfx post-Olympics.

You would think they would've switched like the rest of the group before the games......

Edited by CircleSeven